1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    14 Apr '17 04:214 edits
    Eve came from Adam's rib; you can't possibly lack genetic diversity from your spouse any more than that. That's pretty much asexually producing your own wife.

Adam & Eve had children who had children by their siblings.

Fast forward to after the Flood, Noah and his three sons were the only remaining humans (along with their wives). This means that their kids, if they didn't have sex with their siblings, at least had children by their cousins.

Ham, one of Noah's sons, is implied by the bible to have had sex with his father while his father was drunk.

Fast forward, Abraham (whose nephew was raped by his own daughters and had children by them) was married to his half sister, and had a child by her named Issac.

Abraham's son Isaac married Rebekah, his first cousin once removed

Isaac's had two sons, Jacob and Esau.

Esau married "Mahalat, the daughter of Ishmael, son of Abraham, sister of Nebaiot" (Gen. 28:9),

Jacob's son married his cousins, Rebecca and Leah (who themselves were sisters), and had children by them.

Jacob's son Judah got his daughter-in-law pregnant

Fast-forward, David, who fathered Solomon, had another son who raped his sister. Another son of his, Absalom, had sex with his father's wives.

Solomon's son, Rehoboam, married Absalom's daughter.

From Solomon eventually comes Joseph; it's commonly believed Mary's lineage is Mentioned in Luke, which would mean Mary and Joseph share a common ancestor in David, Solomon's dad.

From Mary came Jesus, with Joseph as his legal father.

Source:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incest_in_the_Bible
  2. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    14 Apr '17 04:54
    And then they all migrated to Kentucky
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Apr '17 06:30
    Originally posted by vivify
    Eve came from Adam's rib; you can't possibly lack genetic diversity from your spouse any more than that. That's pretty much asexually producing your own wife.

Fast forward to after the Flood, Noah and his three sons were the only remaining humans (along with their wives). This means that thei ...[text shortened]... th Joseph as his legal father.

Source:

The supposed ancestry of Jesus may have been concocted years and years after his death as a part of the (successful) efforts to kick start the new/breakaway religion centred on him.
  4. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    14 Apr '17 08:24
    Originally posted by vivify...
    Adam & Eve had children who had children by their siblings....
    There were other humans before adam and eve. Tribes and villages. The chosen kids were bonking animals.
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    14 Apr '17 09:55
    Can you imagine what a shock it will be when all those who rejected Christ appear before God after death, when every idle word they said is played back in their own ears?
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    14 Apr '17 10:00
    Originally posted by josephw
    Can you imagine what a shock it will be when all those who rejected Christ appear before God after death, when every idle word they said is played back in their own ears?
    Can you imagine what a shock it will be when that doesn't happen?
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Apr '17 10:06
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Can you imagine what a shock it will be when that doesn't happen?
    Ummmm, no?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Apr '17 10:11
    What would be the point of imagining that?
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Apr '17 10:26
    Originally posted by FMF
    What would be the point of imagining that?
    You know the "point" of it. A reality check. What else?

Just once, I'd like to imagine you having the courage to come right out with YOUR point, instead of being passive-aggressive and dropping one shoe and then waiting for someone to "take the bait" and then finally dropping the other one and coming to your main point.

So go ahead, out with it. Might as well spit out your point after no doubt spending time crafting it.

Yes, I'm asking you, what would be the point of asking that?, as if I don't already know.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Apr '17 10:32
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    You know the "point" of it. A reality check. What else?

Just once, I'd like to imagine you having the courage to come right out with YOUR point, instead of being passive-aggressive and dropping one shoe and then waiting for someone to "take the bait" and then finally dropping the other one and coming to your main point.

So go ahead, out with it. Mi ...[text shortened]... it.

Yes, I'm asking you, what would be the point of asking that?, as if I don't already know.
    How can it be described as a "reality check" for non-believers?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Apr '17 10:44
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Just once, I'd like to imagine you having the courage to come right out with YOUR point...
    My points? I don't see what the point would be of a non-believer imagining something that josephw just so happens to imagine. I also don't see how can it be described as a "reality check" for non-believers who don't believe that it is reality.
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    14 Apr '17 10:55
    Originally posted by FMF
    My points? I don't see what the point would be of a non-believer imagining something that josephw just so happens to imagine. I also don't see how can it be described as a "reality check" for non-believers who don't believe that it is reality.
    To paraphrase Hebrews, once one has known the the truth and then turns away to believe a lie it is impossible for them to believe the truth again.

For your sake I'd like to think Christ isn't a reality, but then I'd be lying too.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Apr '17 11:341 edit
    To paraphrase Hebrews, once one has known the the truth and then turns away to believe a lie it is impossible for them to believe the truth again.
    And what significance do you think citing "Hebrews" has for non-believers? One can only assume you are saying such things for your own consumption (i.e. geeing yourself up perhaps) or for the consumption of fellow believers (i.e. posturing perhaps).
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Apr '17 11:54
    For your sake I'd like to think Christ isn't a reality, but then I'd be lying too.
    You'd be lying "too"? Who else do you think is lying in this exchange of views?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Apr '17 12:141 edit
    Originally posted by vivify

Fast forward to after the Flood, Noah and his three sons were the only remaining humans (along with their wives). This means that thei ...[text shortened]... th Joseph as his legal father.

Source:

How many types of early homosapiens were there? How many initial homosapien individuals? How do you think they procreated and with whom?

The concept of incest is only negative because generally and in the contemporary context, the results of incestuous relations are frequently negative. However if the results were positive then perhaps incest would be a good idea.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree