1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    14 Apr '17 17:05
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Do you believe in a spiritual part of human life?
    No
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Apr '17 17:13
    Do you believe in a spiritual part of human life?
    I do. Absolutely. But it has nothing to do with immortality or supernatural things
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Apr '17 17:24
    Originally posted by divegeester
    How many types of early homosapiens were there? How many initial homosapien individuals? How do you think they procreated and with whom?

The concept of incest is only negative because generally and in the contemporary context, the results of incestuous relations are frequently negative. However if the results were positive then perhaps incest would be a good idea.
    2nd bump for vivfy.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Apr '17 17:55
    Originally posted by vivify
    No
    So you are a what you see is all you get, person?
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    14 Apr '17 18:42
    Doesn't matter what the Bible or Christians say, blind ignorance and skepticism rules the forum.
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    14 Apr '17 18:45
    Originally posted by josephw
    Doesn't matter what the Bible or Christians say, blind ignorance and skepticism rules the forum.
    We bring the scepticism, you deliver the blind ignorance.
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    14 Apr '17 19:16
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    We bring the scepticism, you deliver the blind ignorance.
    Eventually, when you learn the truth, you'll sing a different tune.

I say that without animosity or vindictiveness. What you fellas don't understand is that I know what you think you know that makes you an atheist or skeptic. And I know Jesus lives.

There are just two types of men. Those who understand their weakness in the face of the truth, and those that say to themselves I'm good enough, I don't need to be forgiven.

I'm headed for the light in eternity because I trust in Jesus Christ and his substitutionary death on the cross on my behalf.

Those who reject Christ are headed for outer darkness.

Light and darkness. That's how God terms it in his word the Bible.

But of course, the Bible is a collection of antiquated myths and fables. No rational discussion based on an objective examination of the facts will ever be had in this forum.
  8. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    14 Apr '17 19:35
    Originally posted by divegeester
    2nd bump for vivfy.
    I'll get to this later, when I'm at home in front of my laptop. I don't like typing on my phone for certain posts.
  9. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    14 Apr '17 19:37
    So you are a what you see is all you get, person?
    It's like the Noch Ness. I'm not against the idea that it exists, I'm just not convinced. I'm definitely open the possibility. I just need evidence.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Apr '17 19:43
    I said this part is implied, based on Noah's reaction of cursing Ham's son (a common practice in the bible, punishing the child of someone who wronged or angered you; even God has done it).
    Its not implied at all. You simply made it up, or your source made it up.
  11. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    14 Apr '17 20:06
    Originally posted by josephw
    Can you imagine what a shock it will be when all those who rejected Christ appear before God after death, when every idle word they said is played back in their own ears?
    You are not good at deep thinking. No one has rejected christ. It just is not here, except in your fantasies. I have some fantasies too.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Apr '17 20:15
    It's like the Noch Ness. I'm not against the idea that it exists, I'm just not convinced. I'm definitely open the possibility. I just need evidence.
    Evidence for what, what happens after you die, or that we have a spiritual life not just a physical one?
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    14 Apr '17 20:16
    I said this part is implied, based on Noah's reaction of cursing Ham's son (a common practice in the bible, punishing the child of someone who wronged or angered you; even God has done it).
    Sounds like more of a wild guess than 'implied'. Perhaps you could back it up with testimony from an expert on the original text and its implications in the cultural context?
  14. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    14 Apr '17 22:001 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Sounds like more of a wild guess than 'implied'. Perhaps you could back it up with testimony from an expert on the original text and its implications in the cultural context?
    https://bible.org/seriespage/10-nakedness-noah-and-cursing-canaan-genesis-918-1032

"Moses did not emphasize the guilt of Noah, but rather the sin of Ham. Some have suggested various types of evil took place within Noah’s tent. While the language employed might leave room for certain sexual sins (cf. Leviticus18)."
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    14 Apr '17 23:59
    Originally posted by apathist
    You are not good at deep thinking. No one has rejected christ. It just is not here, except in your fantasies. I have some fantasies too.
    Fantasies appear to be all you have. Take for example your post on page one. It's a fantasy to imagine anyone would seriously believe you, to begin with.

"There were other humans before adam and eve. Tribes and villages. The chosen kids were bonking animals."

Other humans before Adam and Eve? I suppose you were there and we should all just take your word for it. That's some pretty deep thinking apathist.

"Those kids"? "Bonking animals"? Man! That's really deep thinking! How many bowls did you smoke to come up with that?

"No one has rejected christ."

What planet are you living on?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree