1. Cape Town
    Moves
    14 Apr '17 12:41
    Originally posted by josephw
    To paraphrase Hebrews, once one has known the the truth and then turns away to believe a lie it is impossible for them to believe the truth again.
    Well given that you believe that I believe a lie, what was the point of your remark above suggesting I imagine something I don't believe, and, according to you, will never believe?

Also, do you actually believe what you said above? You believe that God will play back all the words I have ever said? Why? What purpose do you believe this activity would serve? What purpose would me imagining it serve?
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    14 Apr '17 12:42
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Ummmm, no?
    So you believe God is recording all my words and plans to play them back for me? Why?
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    14 Apr '17 13:031 edit
    Can you imagine what a shock it will be when all those who rejected Christ appear before God after death, when every idle word they said is played back in their own ears?
    You realize the bible outright says everything in the OP, right? Nothing I've said is made up.

So is God going to be pissed at biblical accuracy?
  4. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    14 Apr '17 13:19
    Originally posted by vivify
    Eve came from Adam's rib; you can't possibly lack genetic diversity from your spouse any more than that. That's pretty much asexually producing your own wife.

Adam & Eve had children who had children by their siblings.

Fast forward to after the Flood, Noah and his three sons were the only remaining humans (along with their wives). This means that thei ...[text shortened]... th Joseph as his legal father.

Source:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incest_in_the_Bible
    It just goes to show that nobody is perfect and God uses that.
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    14 Apr '17 13:29
    You realize the bible outright says everything in the OP, right?
    Not entirely.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Apr '17 13:56
    Can you imagine what a shock it will be when all those who rejected Christ appear before God after death, when every idle word they said is played back in their own ears?
    The human ancestors that are slimes, or worms, or apes, or some other creatures are the imaginary types.
  7. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    14 Apr '17 15:04
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Not entirely.
    Don't take me so literally. Obviously, "asexual" isn't the bible.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Apr '17 15:211 edit
    Such deep and intellectual discussion around here.

It amazes me how nonchristians want to talk about christian topics. Well, ok, belittle, but have no actual topics that concern their own beliefs.
  9. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    14 Apr '17 16:20
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Such deep and intellectual discussion around here.

It amazes me how nonchristians want to talk about christian topics. Well, ok, belittle, but have no actual topics that concern their own beliefs.
    What about "non-Christian" beliefs would you like to know? Since non-Christians here tend to have no spiritual "beliefs", maybe you can help us out on what to discuss.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Apr '17 16:28
    Originally posted by divegeester
    How many types of early homosapiens were there? How many initial homosapien individuals? How do you think they procreated and with whom?

The concept of incest is only negative because generally and in the contemporary context, the results of incestuous relations are frequently negative. However if the results were positive then perhaps incest would be a good idea.
    Bump for vivfy.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Apr '17 16:30
    You realize the bible outright says everything in the OP, right? Nothing I've said is made up.

So is God going to be pissed at biblical accuracy?
    I think you made this up.

Ham, one of Noah's sons, is implied by the bible to have had sex with his father while his father was drunk.

What the Bible actually says.

Now Noah started off as a farmer, and he planted a vineyard. When he drank of the wine, he became intoxicated, and he uncovered himself inside his tent. Ham, the father of Canaan, saw his father’s nakedness, and he told his two brothers outside. So Shem and Japheth took a garment and put it upon both their shoulders and walked in backward. Thus they covered their father’s nakedness while their faces were turned away, and they did not see their father’s nakedness. When Noah woke up from his wine and learned what his youngest son had done to him, he said: “Cursed be Canaan. Let him become the lowest slave to his brothers. - Gen 9:20-27

Please tell us how it is that you managed to extract from the text that Ham had sex with his father while he was drunk.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Apr '17 16:42
    What about "non-Christian" beliefs would you like to know? Since non-Christians here tend to have no spiritual "beliefs", maybe you can help us out on what to discuss.
    Do you believe in a spiritual part of human life?
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    14 Apr '17 16:47
    Don't take me so literally. Obviously, "asexual" isn't the bible.
    Ham, one of Noah's sons, is implied by the bible to have had sex with his father while his father was drunk.

I believe this one is at least in part speculation.

As for cousins getting married, that isn't really incest. I know of at least two cousin marriages in my own family tree (two brothers married their cousins who were sisters.)
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Apr '17 16:52
    [b]Ham, one of Noah's sons, is implied by the bible to have had sex with his father while his father was drunk.

As for cousins getting married, that isn't really incest. I know of at least two cousin marriages in my own family tree (two brothers married their cousins who were sisters.)[/b]
    Marrying your 1st cousin is not illegal; at least not in the U.K. as far as I'm aware.
  15. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    14 Apr '17 17:001 edit
    [b]Ham, one of Noah's sons, is implied by the bible to have had sex with his father while his father was drunk.

As for cousins getting married, that isn't really incest. I know of at least two cousin marriages in my own family tree (two brothers married their cousins who were sisters.)[/b]
    I said this part is implied, based on Noah's reaction of cursing Ham's son (a common practice in the bible, punishing the child of someone who wronged or angered you; even God has done it).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree