1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    15 Apr '17 00:05
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Evidence for what, what happens after you die, or that we have a spiritual life not just a physical one?
    That we have a spiritual life.
  2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    15 Apr '17 00:093 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    How many types of early homosapiens were there? How many initial homosapien individuals? How do you think they procreated and with whom?
    The bible indicates all humans came from one father and mother, who are Adam and Eve.

The concept of incest is only negative because generally and in the contemporary context, the results of incestuous relations are frequently negative.

Hence, why the frequent incest in Jesus' genealogy is noteworthy. Furthermore, even the bible denounces incest:

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=leviticus+18&version=NIV

Leviticus 18:

6 “‘No one is to approach any close relative to have sexual relations.

8 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your father’s wife; that would dishonor your father.

9 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your sister, either your father’s daughter or your mother’s daughter, whether she was born in the same home or elsewhere.

11 “‘Do not have sexual relations with the daughter of your father’s wife, born to your father; she is your sister.

15 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your daughter-in-law. She is your son’s wife; do not have relations with her.

16 “‘Do not have sexual relations with your brother’s wife; that would dishonor your brother.

18 “‘Do not take your wife’s sister as a rival wife and have sexual relations with her while your wife is living."

All of these acts were committed somewhere in Jesus' family history, either by direct ancestors or close relatives of direct ancestors.
  3. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    15 Apr '17 00:11
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Just once, I'd like to imagine you having the courage to come right out with YOUR point, instead of being passive-aggressive and dropping one shoe and then waiting for someone to "take the bait" and then finally dropping the other one and coming to your main point.
    Your god built hell and sends all non-christians there.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Apr '17 00:121 edit
    Originally posted by apathist
    Your god built hell and sends all non-christians there.
    God built Hell, and He is going to be sending sinners there, all sinners except those that He
    can manage to save.
  5. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    15 Apr '17 00:19
    God built Hell, and He is going to be sending sinners there, all sinners except those that He
    can manage to save.
    Torture forever for animals and this is okay with you. Your gods are sick.
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    15 Apr '17 00:30
    Into outer darkness with weeping and gnashing of teeth. The eternal destiny of all those sick animals you seem to forget are causing all the problems in this world.

There a list of them in Revelation.
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    15 Apr '17 00:42
    Originally posted by vivify
    The bible indicates all humans came from one father and mother, who are Adam and Eve.

[b]The concept of incest is only negative because generally and in the contemporary context, the results of incestuous relations are frequently negative.

Hence, why the frequent incest in Jesus' genealogy is noteworthy. Furthermore, even the bible denounces inc ...[text shortened]... ere in Jesus' family history, either by direct ancestors or close relatives of direct ancestors.[/b]
    "All of these acts were committed somewhere in Jesus' family history, either by direct ancestors or close relatives of direct ancestors."

You don't know what you're talking about. Provide scriptural evidence for that assertion. Prove that any of those seven commandments was violated by any of Jesus' ancestors.
  8. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    15 Apr '17 01:015 edits
    Originally posted by josephw
    [b]"All of these acts were committed somewhere in Jesus' family history, either by direct ancestors or close relatives of direct ancestors."

You don't know what you're talking about. Provide scriptural evidence for that assertion. Prove that any of those seven commandments was violated by any of Jesus' ancestors.[/b]
    Abimilek confronted Abraham about why he told people Sarah was his sister instead of his wife, Abraham said it was out of fear that he'd be killed over her. He then added in Genesis 20:12, "Besides, she really is my sister, the daughter of my father though not of my mother; and she became my wife."

Genesis 38: Judah impregnated his daughter-in-law, resulting in an ancestor of Jesus.

2 Samuel 16:22, Absalom slept with the wives of his father David.

Clearly, you're the one who doesn't know what he's talking about.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Apr '17 01:02
    Originally posted by vivify
    That we have a spiritual life.
    I'm sorry to hear that.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Apr '17 01:03
    Where in the world did torture for animals come from, are you on drugs, or drinking?
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Apr '17 02:01
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    So you believe God is recording all my words and plans to play them back for me? Why?
    It was hyperbole.

I believe that all will be judged and most will be found lacking, with a sin debt balance that we cannot repay on our own. I have no idea how that will be made manifest; no doubt the mechanic will be suited to the individual being judged. I do know that we will be without excuse.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Apr '17 02:07
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Such deep and intellectual discussion around here.

It amazes me how nonchristians want to talk about christian topics. Well, ok, belittle, but have no actual topics that concern their own beliefs.
    If it happened to save even one person, it would be worth it, no?
  13. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    15 Apr '17 04:41
    Where in the world did torture for animals come from, are you on drugs, or drinking?
    Your creator gods are all powerful and all knowing, right? So who made hell, and who made people, and who sends people to hell?

They don't sentence people to hell based on morality, instead they punish forever based on faith belief systems. How can you tell if your gods are evil?
  14. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    15 Apr '17 08:10
    The human ancestors that are slimes, or worms, or apes, or some other creatures are the imaginary types.
    Nice argument. Can't argue with cast-iron logic.
  15. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    15 Apr '17 08:12
    can manage to save.
    Hoorah!
    So shut up and when you die you can gloat. OK?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree