Jesus came from an incestuous line

Jesus came from an incestuous line

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
15 Apr 17
1 edit

Q. Where did the 10-30k minimal human population come from?
A. Other humans

Where did the "other humans" come from?

Cape Town

Moves
15 Apr 17

Originally posted by divegeester
[b]I didn't see you mention "bottleneck" and I'm not sure what that means in this context.
You also didn't hear me mention 'initial population'.

I did however provide a reference with 'population bottleneck' right there in the URL.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Population_bottleneck

If there were more than the 10-30k of humans to mate with then how can the 10-30k be the lowest number?
I don't understand the question. It doesn't make sense.

rain

Moves
15 Apr 17

I get that, but you are missing the point of my post which is about how incest must have been prevelant in man's early evolution due to the restricted population. It didn't seem to have a deleterious effect on our progress under those circumstances and I'm sure that in the biblical model the situation was the same.
You're making an assumption that's not backed by any evidence when you assert incest "must have" been prevalent. Humans evolved from a population of other organisms. How many "humans" were around from that first population that appeared 200,000 years ago? No one knows.

Cape Town

Moves
15 Apr 17

Q. Where did the 10-30k minimal human population come from?
A. Other humans

Where did the "other humans" come from?
Other humans.
Its called 'descent'. People have babies, those babies grow up, have sex, have more babies, etc.
What exactly are you having trouble understanding about it?

rain

Moves
15 Apr 17
1 edit

Originally posted by twhitehead
So basically pure speculation.
Yes. But it's a common belief among Christians and biblical scholars that I didn't invent. That's the point, since you asked for souces.

Cape Town

Moves
15 Apr 17

Originally posted by vivify
Yes. But it's a common belief among Christians and biblical scholars that I didn't invent. That's the point, since you asked for souces.
So you concede that it isn't in the Bible as you originally claimed?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
15 Apr 17

You're making an assumption that's not backed by any evidence when you assert incest "must have" been prevalent. Humans evolved from a population of other organisms. How many "humans" were around from that first population that appeared 200,000 years ago? No one knows.
Twhitehead knows.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
15 Apr 17

Originally posted by twhitehead
Other humans.
Its called 'descent'. People have babies, those babies grow up, have sex, have more babies, etc.
What exactly are you having trouble understanding about it?
Oh dear are you going to be a dick again?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Apr 17

Originally posted by josephw
To paraphrase Hebrews, once one has known the the truth and then turns away to believe a lie it is impossible for them to believe the truth again.

For your sake I'd like to think Christ isn't a reality, but then I'd be lying too.
Scary stuff, knowing from that point on no matter what you do, your fate is now set and
Hell is where you are going.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
15 Apr 17

Let's try again.

How many humans were there when the species first evolved?
You cited something from wiki saying 2,000 or 10-30k
I asked where did these come from.
You said from other humans?
I'm asking what other humans and why weren't they included in the 2,000 or the 10-30k humans which you said were the first populations.

Humans must have originated somewhere, there must have only been a few early homosapiens and the chances are there was incest.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Apr 17

You realize the bible outright says everything in the OP, right? Nothing I've said is made up.

So is God going to be pissed at biblical accuracy?
I think everyone agrees with you that incest was a part of the human condition at the
very beginning, but that later changed.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
15 Apr 17
1 edit

You are being charged by some in this thread of making assumptions yourself.

What's wrong with incest in early human social groups, in your view?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Apr 17
3 edits

Originally posted by apathist
Your creator gods are all powerful and all knowing, right? So who made hell, and who made people, and who sends people to hell?

They don't sentence people to hell based on morality, instead they punish forever based on faith belief systems. How can you tell if your gods are evil?
God made Hell for the devil and his angels, when we joined him we became part of the
problem with sin and evil.

Matthew 25:41
Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Revelation 21:8
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Revelation 20:10
And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
15 Apr 17
2 edits

Originally posted by KellyJay
God made Hell for the devil and his angels, when we joined him we became part of the
You really need to stop propagating this utter nonsense about our God, you are spreading lies and error.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
15 Apr 17

Originally posted by KellyJay

Revelation 21:8
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
Do you take everything you read in the Bible, and particularly the Book of the revelation of Jesus Christ, as being absolutely literal?