1. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Aug '09 16:282 edits
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    can someone point out to Raj that Christ did not commence his ministry until he was first baptised in the Jordan river at about the age of thirty

(Luke 3:23) . . .Furthermore, Jesus himself, when he commenced his work, was about thirty years old, being the son, as the opinion was, of Joseph,. . .
    Whats this "can someone point out to Raj" foolishness. You are such a blooming sissy. Check to see if you have any balls between your legs .. they might be missing....😀

I forgot you have a special JW version of the Bible. My version says nothing about "when he commenced his work".
  2. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    12 Aug '09 16:51
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I've brought this up once or twice before but didn't really get a rsponse.
    As far as I understand nothing is known about Jesus' life up until the age of 30.
    If anyone does know , or thinks they know, could you please share it with me?
    Also I would love to hear any speculations about whhat they think Jesus was doing for the first 30 years of his life.
    Around puberty he spent a lot of time in the bathroom with copies of Jewish Jugs.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Aug '09 17:131 edit
    Now Jesus himself was about thirty years old when he began his ministry. He was the son, so it was thought, of Joseph - NIV

When He began His ministry, Jesus Himself was about thirty years of age, being, as was supposed, the son of Joseph - New American standard bible

Jesus Himself, when He began [His ministry], was about thirty years of age, being the Son, as was supposed, of Joseph - Amplified Bible

Jesus, when he began his ministry, was about thirty years of age - English standard version

😴
  4. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    12 Aug '09 18:43
    Joseph is clearly an invented character who likely never existed. The earliest Christian writings, the letters of Paul and the Gospel of Mark, make no mention of him. It's not until the 80s, in the Gospel of Matthew, that Joseph is introduced.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Aug '09 18:491 edit
    yes, there is more evidence for wolverine and the x-men, who obviously do exist, not one of your more convincing arguments.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Aug '09 19:07
    Now Jesus himself was about thirty years old when he began his ministry. He was the son, so it was thought, of Joseph - NIV

When He began His ministry, Jesus Himself was about thirty years of age, being, as was supposed, the son of Joseph - New American standard bible

Jesus Himself, when He began [His ministry], was about thirty years of age, b ...[text shortened]... esus, when he began his ministry, was about thirty years of age - English standard version

😴
    So Christ started his ministry in Israel at age 30.
    We are trying to make an intelligent guess of what he did between 12 and 30.
    So far your comments are a guess but not intelligent.
  7. weedhopper
    Moves
    12 Aug '09 19:10
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I've brought this up once or twice before but didn't really get a rsponse.
    As far as I understand nothing is known about Jesus' life up until the age of 30.
    If anyone does know , or thinks they know, could you please share it with me?
    Also I would love to hear any speculations about whhat they think Jesus was doing for the first 30 years of his life.
    There is very little written about Jesus' life prior to His ministry. The aforementioned passage about His being found in the temple at age 12 is pretty much it. All we get is that He "grew in stature."
    It's a good question and I'm sure many minds sharper than mine have pondered it over the centuries. There are stories in some of the fake gospels about Jesus bringing a dead bird to life, and something about Him killing a playmate (and resurrecting him, I believe). I even heard that there's one story where Joseph has to reprimand Jesus, reminding Him not to misuse His "superpowers" (very Spidernman-ish!). But all that is rubbish.
  8. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    12 Aug '09 19:11
    yes, there is more evidence for wolverine and the x-men, who obviously do exist, not one of your more convincing arguments.
    The fact remains.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Aug '09 19:172 edits
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    So Christ started his ministry in Israel at age 30.
    We are trying to make an intelligent guess of what he did between 12 and 30.
    So far your comments are a guess but not intelligent.
    no what my comment is, is firmly fixed on biblical scripture, firmly based on known Jewish custom and practice, but even more than that, it is a direct refutation of this ludicrous assertion, let me refresh your memory 'Christ...teached, preached and travelled, mostly likely out of Israel'. attributed to Rajk666.

this is a statement that is refuted by scripture, has no basis whatsoever, i will repeat that, no basis whatsoever in scripture, in tradition, in custom or in common sense, and should be discarded as one would a used condom, with the thumb and forefinger!
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Aug '09 19:171 edit
    Originally posted by rwingett
    The fact remains.
    fact...ahem. usually facts have, ummm, some tangible or recognised basis. saying that it is omitted, or reference is omitted is not very convincing, for both the genealogies mention him.
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    12 Aug '09 20:541 edit
    (((((There is a possible reason why it would have been easy for Christ to travel, and it has to do with the wise men guided by God to the point where Christ was at birth. They were from the east and prominent priests. Its likely they would have checked up on Christ during his boyhood and taken him with them at some point.)))))))

What the heck Raj??? These were astrologers and hired by Herod to let him know where the Messiah was at so he could kill him!!!!!!!!
    Oh my..... You need to read your Bible.....
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Aug '09 21:17
    Originally posted by galveston75
    (((((There is a possible reason why it would have been easy for Christ to travel, and it has to do with the wise men guided by God to the point where Christ was at birth. They were from the east and prominent priests. Its likely they would have checked up on Christ during his boyhood and taken him with them at some point.)))))))

What the heck Raj??? ...[text shortened]... ere the Messiah was at so he could kill him!!!!!!!!
    Oh my..... You need to read your Bible.....
    Try reading another Bible .. not that JW version.
    Ops .. I forgot that JWs are mostly low IQ people who cant read and write properly.

Read what the Bible says instead spewing out your JW version. These were wise men from the east guided by a star from God to Jerusalem. When Herod found out that a Messiah is born, THEN he contacted them to try to find out where Christ was. The Wise Men were independent of Herod and not hired by anybody.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Aug '09 21:19
    no what my comment is, is firmly fixed on biblical scripture, firmly based on known Jewish custom and practice, but even more than that, it is a direct refutation of this ludicrous assertion, let me refresh your memory 'Christ...teached, preached and travelled, mostly likely out of Israel'. attributed to Rajk666.

this is a statement that is refute ...[text shortened]... mmon sense, and should be discarded as one would a used condom, with the thumb and forefinger!
    The scripture has nothing of the life of Christ between 12 and 30. How can scripture possibly refute anything in that time period?
  14. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    12 Aug '09 22:04
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    The scripture has nothing of the life of Christ between 12 and 30. How can scripture possibly refute anything in that time period?
    It says He worked with His father (Joseph) in Joseph's workshop.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Aug '09 22:10
    Originally posted by daniel58
    It says He worked with His father (Joseph) in Joseph's workshop.
    Between 12 and 30.
    Care to provide a reference ?

Actually ... forget it.
    Youre right. Christ was a carpenter up to age 30.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree