1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Mar '18 00:111 edit
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    He never had any intention of debating the topic of the thread. (The reason why he made 14 quick posts in a row).

It was a dump and run strategy.
    I responded to your list of 12 verses that you (incorrectly) thought showed Jesus wasn’t God. Did you miss my response? Were you not familiar with the Hebrews verse?

And as I previously said, amigo, we can’t have a debate/discussion about whether Jesus identified Himself as God before the relevant passages and verses have been posted. And I hadn’t even finished.

Stop being dishonest, tiger.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Mar '18 00:16
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    Actually I think he intended to debate it.

But with the "son of God" and "one" with God claims having been refuted, he knows, for all intents and purposes, that he has nothing left.

And as he said in the OP:
    "There are not a lot of verses and passages in the Bible where Jesus identifies Himself as God but they do exist. Some are fairly direct; ot ...[text shortened]... git go, he recognized that at best he had "fairly direct" and that most were ambiguous at best.
    I actually wasn’t aware when I wrote the OP how many verses there were and how clear Jesus was in some of them. But God’s Holy Spirit indwelling me led me to recall numerous verses and passages that I then Googled to get the exact wording of.

To God be the glory!
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Mar '18 00:17
    Not to mention the 'definitive' ones he omitted where Jesus clearly isn't God.
    Already addressed those, champion. Go back and check the Hebrews verse.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Mar '18 02:32
    Here’s another one passage where Jesus agrees with someone who identifies Him as God after His Resurrection:

“Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.

And when he had so said, he shewed unto them his hands and his side. Then were the disciples glad, when they saw the Lord.

Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.

And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:

Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.

But Thomas, one of the twelve, called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came.

The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe.

And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.

Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.

And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.”

(John 20:19-29)
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Mar '18 04:27
    “Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.”

(John 8:42-45)
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Mar '18 13:34
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    Yes
    Hopefully he now knows what it is and thanked you for your generosity.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    05 Mar '18 14:49
    In Matthew 16 he asks his disciples who he was. Only Peter guessed right, he said that he was the Messiah. Christ then turns to him and says that upon him will he build his church and that the Father had revealed this to him.

He then inexplicably commands his disciples to tell no one. They were astonished. What they did not know was that if they did tell everyone, they would have rounded him up much sooner for blasphemy.

Really it is no different for us. Jesus asks each of us, who do you think I am?

Only the Father can reveal himself to them.
  8. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    05 Mar '18 15:40
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    I responded to your list of 12 verses that you (incorrectly) thought showed Jesus wasn’t God. Did you miss my response? Were you not familiar with the Hebrews verse?

And as I previously said, amigo, we can’t have a debate/discussion about whether Jesus identified Himself as God before the relevant passages and verses have been posted. And I hadn’t even finished.

Stop being dishonest, tiger.
    "...we can’t have a debate/discussion about whether Jesus identified Himself as God before the relevant passages and verses have been posted. And I hadn’t even finished."

That's a most unusual rule.
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    05 Mar '18 15:55
    I asked you several questions relevant to the subject of this thread which you chose to ignore, just as you’ve ignored dozens of questions from me and other posters in the past that expose your “Jesus was only a man” belief as a falsehood.

If you want me to continue addressing your questions, you have to begin addressing mine. That’s how a conversation works, amigo.
    With the "son of God" and "one" with God claims having been refuted, you know, for all intents and purposes, that you have nothing left.

Enough of your usual nonsense.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Mar '18 20:28
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    With the "son of God" and "one" with God claims having been refuted, you know, for all intents and purposes, that you have nothing left.

Enough of your usual nonsense.
    It’s interesting that the Word of God - specifically Jesus Christ identifying Himself as God - inspires such a reaction in you. You might ask yourself why that is.

As for me, I will continue to post verses and passages as God’s Holy Spirit leads me to them.

If they upset you so much, maybe you shouldn’t be reading them.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Mar '18 20:29
    Originally posted by @js357
    "...we can’t have a debate/discussion about whether Jesus identified Himself as God before the relevant passages and verses have been posted. And I hadn’t even finished."

That's a most unusual rule.
    It’s not a rule, but it is common sense. How can we have a debate about something before evidence has been presented?
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    05 Mar '18 20:59
    It’s not a rule, but it is common sense. How can we have a debate about something before evidence has been presented?
    It's not necessary to exhaust all 'evidence' in one burst. It's called self-control.

Kindly acquire some.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Mar '18 01:30
    It's not necessary to exhaust all 'evidence' in one burst. It's called self-control.

Kindly acquire some.
    I didn’t exhaust all the evidence in one burst. I posted verses and passages that came to mind and posted more the following day. I suspect I’ll continue to post verses and passages in the future as the Holy Spirit leads me to them.

To God be the glory!
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    06 Mar '18 08:30
    I didn’t exhaust all the evidence in one burst. I posted verses and passages that came to mind and posted more the following day. I suspect I’ll continue to post verses and passages in the future as the Holy Spirit leads me to them.

To God be the glory!
    A troll in a dog collar is still a troll.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Mar '18 09:20
    A troll in a dog collar is still a troll.
    That’s the best you can do? Your trolling muscles are really atrophied.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree