Jesus on

Jesus on "mouth worshipers"

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T

Moves
06 Jul 19

@chaney3 said
The argument only occurs when faith and belief are brought up as a necessity ALONG with good works.

Rajk excludes faith and belief as unnecessary church doctrine, which is likely wrong.
The argument only occurs when faith and belief are brought up as a necessity ALONG with good works.

You'd be wrong there.

Rajk excludes faith and belief as unnecessary church doctrine, which is likely wrong.

You don't seem to understand his position here either.

T

Moves
06 Jul 19

@chaney3 said
Agreed.

What I cannot figure out is why he pushes the teachings of Jesus (while He walked the earth), yet claims that believing Jesus even existed is unnecessary.
Agreed? Really?

By all means explain exactly how I am "in fact what [the] OP describes".

Take it line by line. This should be interesting.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
06 Jul 19
1 edit

@thinkofone said
I explained what many Christians believe and to what Rajk999 seems to take exception. I neglected to add that Rajk999 believes that Jesus will judge. If you agree with Rajk999, then I don't understand why you're always arguing with him about it.

As for me, pretty much since I started posting on this forum I've been advocating for the gospel preached by Jesus while He wa ...[text shortened]...

If you agree with the above, then I don't understand why you're always arguing with me about it.
In other words you have no actual real names with actual real quotes that prove your accusation, typical.

T

Moves
06 Jul 19
2 edits

@kellyjay said
In other words you have no actual real names with actual real quotes that prove your accusation, typical.
I explained how you once again got the wrong end of the stick.

What exactly didn't you understand?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
06 Jul 19

@thinkofone said
I explained how you once again got the wrong end of the stick.

What exactly didn't you understand?
No, I asked for names and examples and you didn't deliver, no misunderstanding on my part.

T

Moves
06 Jul 19

@kellyjay said
No, I asked for names and examples and you didn't deliver, no misunderstanding on my part.
You wrote this:
"In other words you have no actual real names with actual real quotes that prove your accusation, typical."

What "accusation" did I make exactly?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
06 Jul 19

@thinkofone said
You wrote this:
"In other words you have no actual real names with actual real quotes that prove your accusation, typical."

What "accusation" did I make exactly?
"Many Christians believe that it is by "faith alone" that they will receive salvation, receive eternal life and inherit the kingdom of God. That nothing else is required. "

T

Moves
06 Jul 19

@kellyjay said
"Many Christians believe that it is by "faith alone" that they will receive salvation, receive eternal life and inherit the kingdom of God. That nothing else is required. "
Put it all in context KJ.

From C3's post , to my response, to your question, to my response and so on.

You got the wrong end of the stick once again. It happens all too often with you. Then you come out with your snide little comments and start accusing me of making accusations I never made.

You have poor reading comprehension skills KJ. Own the truth instead of getting all huffy about it.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
06 Jul 19

@thinkofone said
Put it all in context KJ.

From C3's post , to my response, to your question, to my response and so on.

You got the wrong end of the stick once again. It happens all too often with you. Then you come out with your snide little comments and start accusing me of making accusations I never made.

You have poor reading comprehension skills KJ. Own the truth instead of getting all huffy about it.
Putting it all together you have no names and examples, that is the bottom line.

T

Moves
06 Jul 19
1 edit

@kellyjay said
Putting it all together you have no names and examples, that is the bottom line.
Putting it all together, you once again got the wrong end of the stick. That's the bottom line.

I'd lay it all out for you in painstaking detail as I have many a time, but you've repeatedly shown that you the lack the integrity and / or reading comprehension skills for it to be of any use. You often display both.

It must be difficult for you: Having poor reading comprehension skills and being so full of pride. Having so little integrity and being so full of pride.

Moves
06 Jul 19
1 edit

@chaney3 said
Agreed.

What I cannot figure out is why he pushes the teachings of Jesus (while He walked the earth), yet claims that believing Jesus even existed is unnecessary.
It’s his platform, his riff, his angle.

He narrows the scope to “the words of Jesus while he was on earth” to exclude other contextual scripture and enable him to focus on a few Jesus sound bites in isolation.

The question he has refused to answer for the last couple of years is this:

‘When Jesus was on earth he claimed to be sent by God, was he correct?’

He won’t answer because if he does he has to acknowledge that either ‘ the words of Jesus while he was on earth’ are fallible or acknowledge that the God who sent Jesus is in fact real.

It’s fun.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
06 Jul 19

As a neutral observer, ToO has had his butt well and truly kicked in this thread.

Ouch.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
06 Jul 19

@thinkofone said
That's an interesting perspective.

There seem to have been quite a few people over the years who have argued with Rajk999 when he's pointed out that "good works" are required to receive eternal life and inherit the kingdom of God and that Jesus will judge.
Paul has repeatedly said this in his letters to the churches. Christians are saved by faith in Christ but they will not inherit the kingdom of God unless they live righteously and do good works.

The statement shows clearly that saved does not automatically mean eternal life.

This is the problem with church doctrine ie a profession of faith mean eternal life and that good works will be done. This is not what Jesus preached.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
06 Jul 19

@rajk999 said
Paul has repeatedly said this in his letters to the churches. Christians are saved by faith in Christ but they will not inherit the kingdom of God unless they live righteously and do good works.

The statement shows clearly that saved does not automatically mean eternal life.

This is the problem with church doctrine ie a profession of faith mean eternal life and that good works will be done. This is not what Jesus preached.
It isn't an either or its both, you must be saved and you will do good works. Your good works don't save you, Jesus does.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Jul 19
2 edits

@ThinkOfOne

Matthew 15
7“You hypocrites, rightly did Isaiah prophesy of you:
8‘THIS PEOPLE HONORS ME WITH THEIR LIPS,
BUT THEIR HEART IS FAR AWAY FROM ME.
9‘BUT IN VAIN DO THEY WORSHIP ME,
TEACHING AS DOCTRINES THE PRECEPTS OF MEN.’”

Where in that teaching is His command that we never worship God using our mouth ?