1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Jul '19 12:56
    Here in John chapter 11 Jesus spoke something in true worship precisely for the sake of the hearers standing around ?
    He was worshipping His Father and raising a man from the dead while doing it.

Then they took the stone away. And Jesus lifted up His eyes and said,

Father, I thank You that You have heard Me. And I knew that You always hear Me; but because of the crowd standing around I said it, that they may believe that You have sent Me." (John 11:41,42)

In worship He used His mouth to be audible to others. By His own demonstration He showed that worship including the speaking of the mouth is quite valid.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Jul '19 12:582 edits
    @BigDoggProblem

That's the cool thing about Biblical smites. They can apply to anyone you don't like.

And words of encouragement and comfort may be applied to anyone we love or are trying to convince that God loves?
    That's cool too ?
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Jul '19 13:072 edits
    @ThinkOfOne

You have poor reading comprehension skills KJ. Own the truth instead of getting all huffy about it.

Ah, here we go again. Virtually - To read well is to agree with everything ThinkOfOne teaches.

If you don't agree with what ToO teaches - well, obviously, your reading comprehension is deficient.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    06 Jul '19 13:13
    @sonship said
    @ThinkOfOne

You have poor reading comprehension skills KJ. Own the truth instead of getting all huffy about it.

Ah, here we go again. Virtually - To read well is to agree with everything ThinkOfOne teaches.

If you don't agree with what ToO teaches - well, obviously, your reading comprehension is deficient.
    When you cannot stay on topic going after the person is all he has left. He goes after a lot of people.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Jul '19 13:191 edit
    @KellyJay
    When you cannot stay on topic going after the person is all he has left. He goes after a lot of people.

Yep, Look down the old spectacles "Son, you need to go back to school and learn to READ."

Besides this ? Not much.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Jul '19 15:19
    @kellyjay said
    It isn't an either or its both, you must be saved and you will do good works. Your good works don't save you, Jesus does.
    Jesus never said you must be saved and then you will do good works
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Jul '19 15:36
    @sonship said
    Here in John chapter 11 Jesus spoke something in true worship precisely for the sake of the hearers standing around ?
    He was worshipping His Father and raising a man from the dead while doing it.

[quote] Then they took the stone away. And Jesus lifted up His eyes and said,

Father, I thank You that You have heard Me. And I knew that You always hear Me; [b]but beca ...[text shortened]... By His own demonstration He showed that worship including the speaking of the mouth is quite valid.
    The futile arguments of mouth worshipers.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    06 Jul '19 16:18
    @rajk999 said
    I never claimed Jesus said that, so what is your point?
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Jul '19 14:00
    @kellyjay said
    I never claimed Jesus said that, so what is your point?
    The point is that you continuously promote a doctrine not preached by Jesus. There are two fatal errors in that
    - your doctrine is not from Christ
    - you imply Christ's teachings were incomplete.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    07 Jul '19 14:24
    @rajk999 said
    The point is that you continuously promote a doctrine not preached by Jesus. There are two fatal errors in that
    - your doctrine is not from Christ
    - you imply Christ's teachings were incomplete.
    You realize more people spoke the Word of God in scripture than Jesus, or are the only words you read are the red letters?
  11. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    07 Jul '19 16:25
    @sonship said
    @BigDoggProblem

That's the cool thing about Biblical smites. They can apply to anyone you don't like.

And words of encouragement and comfort may be applied to anyone we love or are trying to convince that God loves?
    That's cool too ?
    Yeah, and in the non-sarcastic sense, even.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Jul '19 18:17
    @kellyjay said
    You realize more people spoke the Word of God in scripture than Jesus, or are the only words you read are the red letters?
    Jesus has the words of eternal life.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    07 Jul '19 20:47
    @rajk999 said
    Jesus has the words of eternal life.
    Yes, so what, that doesn't change anything I have been saying, and it most certainly does not justify what you implied either.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Jul '19 23:57
    @kellyjay said
    Yes, so what, that doesn't change anything I have been saying, and it most certainly does not justify what you implied either.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    08 Jul '19 00:24
    @rajk999 said
    Okay, sure, I already agreed with that, and your point is?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree