Jesus said,

Jesus said, "you are to be perfect"

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

j

Moves
25 Oct 08

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
lol, jaywill, i will give an answer to these most interestingly phrased questions after some careful examination of the text and the scriptures sited, because as in chess, one false move or one inaccuracy can lead us into peril, so i will need a little time for research and/meditation, so that as Solomon states, we may find the correct words

Eccl ...[text shortened]... y heart to seek and search out by wisdom concerning all things that are done under heaven', 😀
That is perfectly acceptable. That is how you should answer.

Let me know.

rc

Moves
26 Oct 08
1 edit

Originally posted by jaywill
[b]That is perfectly acceptable. That is how you should answer.

Let me know.[/
Hi, im back after much thought and deliberation, therefore, in reply to your questions, if i may take them verse by verse, for example:

exodus 6:3 we read,'And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them', - here God Almighty is from the Hebrew. El'Shaddai (a different word from mighty god which is used at Isaiah 9:6) and in the greek Theos'on au'ton and in Latin Deo'omnipotente (omnipotent).

at Zechariah 4:2 we read,'Thus saith the LORD my God; Feed the flock of the slaughter', - this phrase 'the lord my god', from the masoretic text reads Yehwah Elo'hai, literally Jehovah almighty) and from the syrian text we get in greek Kyrios pantokrator, literally “God, Almighty, this last Greek word (pantokrator) being particularly significant.

and finally at Ezeikil chapter ten verse 5 we read, 'And the sound of the cherubims' wings was heard even to the outer court, as the voice of the Almighty God when he speaketh.', - again this phrase almighty god comes from hebrew El'Shaddai, meaning all mighty

so what gives jaywill, i think that we can honestly say with complete certainty that the almighty is mentioned in these particular books! 😀

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
26 Oct 08

Originally posted by Rajk999
You want an alternative for a non-existant (Biblically) manmade concept?
The trinity is firmly based in the words of jesus regarding the Holy Spirit , Jesus's relationship to his Father and the activity of the Holy Spirit.

The words of Jesus are in the Bible I believe. I have quoted them. How do you make sense of "when He the comforter comes he will guide you into all truth" ? Or "that they may be as One Father as we are One"?

If you have no answer just say so.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
26 Oct 08

Hi, im back after much thought and deliberation, therefore, in reply to your questions, if i may take them verse by verse, for example:

exodus 6:3 we read,'And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them', - here God Almighty is from the Hebrew. El'Shaddai (a dif ...[text shortened]... h complete certainty that the almighty is mentioned in these particular books! 😀
I think he is up to something.
It has to do with 'THE BRANCH' (Christ) also in a couple of those books.

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
26 Oct 08

we haven't even discussed the holy spirit, as for the whole discussion with regard to Christ being one with the father, Nemesio has covered it quite comprehensively and i have nothing more to say that he has not already stated in the most convincing, clear and succinct manner.

it is the trinitarians who are lost here, i don know if you have notice ...[text shortened]... sed on what others perceive us to be, please do not make the same mistake!

regards Robert.
You say you have no discussed the Holy Spirit , well perhaps we should because it's clear jesus discussed it and it is Biblical.

How about we start at a point we can agree on? Jesus said he was to live in us yes?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
26 Oct 08

Originally posted by knightmeister
You say you have no discussed the Holy Spirit , well perhaps we should because it's clear jesus discussed it and it is Biblical.

How about we start at a point we can agree on? Jesus said he was to live in us yes?
Lets discuss why NOBODY, not the angels, John the Baptist, the disciples, Mary, apostles, called Jesus Christ, God.
Is it because they did not know better?
Why?

j

Moves
26 Oct 08
6 edits

exodus 6:3 we read,'And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them', - here God Almighty is from the Hebrew. El'Shaddai (a dif h complete certainty that the almighty is mentioned in these particular books! 😀
======================================
exodus 6:3 we read,'And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them', - here God Almighty is from the Hebrew. El'Shaddai (a different word from mighty god which is used at Isaiah 9:6) and in the greek Theos'on au'ton and in Latin Deo'omnipotente (omnipotent).

at Zechariah 4:2 we read,'Thus saith the LORD my God; Feed the flock of the slaughter', - this phrase 'the lord my god', from the masoretic text reads Yehwah Elo'hai, literally Jehovah almighty) and from the syrian text we get in greek Kyrios pantokrator, literally “God, Almighty, this last Greek word (pantokrator) being particularly significant.

and finally at Ezeikil chapter ten verse 5 we read, 'And the sound of the cherubims' wings was heard even to the outer court, as the voice of the Almighty God when he speaketh.', - again this phrase almighty god comes from hebrew El'Shaddai, meaning all mighty

so what gives jaywill, i think that we can honestly say with complete certainty that the almighty is mentioned in these particular books!
==========================================

Thanks for your research. My favorite English version, The Recovery Version, has El'Shaddai as All-sufficient God

In your conclusion you say that the almighty is mentioned in those particular books. But the specific question is not simply whether the Almighty is mentioned but -

Is there any reason to think that Jehovah is another God besides the Almighty? Or if you wish in Zechariah is there any reason to assume that Jehovah God is another God besides El'Shaddai?

Afterall, there should only be ONE Jehovah in all the Bible. And there should be only ONE El'Shaddai.

May we safely conclude that wherever we see Jehovah mentioned in Zechariah that this has to be El'Shaddai ?

Illinois

Moves
26 Oct 08

Lets discuss why NOBODY, not the angels, John the Baptist, the disciples, Mary, apostles, called Jesus Christ, God.
Is it because they did not know better?
Why?
Nobody called Jesus Christ, God?

"And Thomas answered and said to [Jesus], `My Lord and my God'" (John 20:28, Young's Literal Translation).

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
26 Oct 08

Originally posted by epiphinehas
Nobody called Jesus Christ, God?

"And Thomas answered and said to [Jesus], `My Lord and my God'" (John 20:28, Young's Literal Translation).
Did he mean God, the Father of Jesus? No.
Thats my point. There is no reference to Christ and God being the same entity as youall claim. They are separate.

In the same John 20 we have the following verses :

17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.
28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.
31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Illinois

Moves
26 Oct 08

Thats my point. There is no reference to Christ and God being the same entity as youall claim. They are separate.

17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, ...[text shortened]... hat Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.
Thomas is speaking directly to Jesus in verse 28, "...My Lord and my God."

j

Moves
26 Oct 08
2 edits

Excuse me Epi for a moment. In response to Rakj999 -

============================
=========================================

How many Gods do you think the Jew Thomas had ?

====================================

17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.
. =========================================

Precisely. So when some thoughtful Christian scholars and Bible readers considered all, I say ALL of the relevant passages, they came up with a word to discribe this paradox - Trinity.
I assure you, they knew all the passages. Do you think you noticed a verse that perhaps Athanasius overlooked somehow ?

They wanted to embrace the whole truth. They did not want to trample down one side of the revelation in an attempt to uphold the other side.

This is a test to believers. Are they able to embrace the two-foldedness of the Bible's revelation. Or do they suppress one side and exalt the other.

You are on the test.

===================================
28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.
31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.
==================================

Exactly ! So when these wise brothers saw ALL of the relevant passages, they coined this phrase to describe better the paradox - Triune God.

How shall we describe such a mysterious matter ? One way is with such a word as Trinity.

By the way. Epi is correct not only from John 20. But the Apostle Peter also speaks of "Our God and Savior Jesus Christ" . Yet in another place He speaks of "our God and Father".

Compare First Peter 1:2,3 and Second Peter 1:1.

Illinois

Moves
26 Oct 08

Here's a brain teaser:

If Jesus is not God, then why did the apostle John say that Jesus was, "calling God His own Father, making Himself equal to God" (John 5:18)?

rc

Moves
26 Oct 08
1 edit

Originally posted by jaywill
[b]======================================
exodus 6:3 we read,'And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them', - here God Almighty is from the Hebrew. El'Shaddai (a different word from mighty god which is used at Isaiah 9:6) and in the greek Theos'on au'ton and in Latin De [b]Jehovah
mentioned in Zechariah that this has to be El'Shaddai ?[/b]
no, because as you have already stated, sometimes he is termed something else, for example, 'father of the celestial lights, in the book of James i think, or ' mighty god', as in the verse regarding Jeremiah, chapter 37 i think, however the term 'almighty', is used exclusively for the most high himself, is it not? and why does my text always appear in a bold font?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
26 Oct 08

Originally posted by epiphinehas
Here's a brain teaser:

If Jesus is not God, then why did the apostle John say that Jesus was, "calling God His own Father, making Himself equal to God" (John 5:18)?
Let me get back to you and Jaywill tomorrow. I have about 60 games waiting to play.

T

Moves
26 Oct 08
1 edit

no, because as you have already stated, sometimes he is termed something else, for example, 'father of the celestial lights, in the book of James i think, or ' mighty god', as in the verse regarding Jeremiah, chapter 37 i think, however the term 'almighty', is used exclusively for the most high himself, is it not? and why does my text always appear in a bold font?
"why does my text always appear in a bold font?"

It isn't the most sophisticated text editor. Unclosed bold or italic indicators from the "Originally posted by" box can affect your text. Just edit your text and put the [/b ] or [/i ] first thing.