1. PenTesting
    Moves
    29 Sep '15 15:42
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Yes God decides who gets the Spiritual gifts. Wouldn't the Holy Spirit be no different than
    Jesus in terms of truth? So if the Holy Spirit teaches us something wouldn't that lesson
    always agree with Jesus?

The difference between Jesus and say Paul are who they are, Jesus the Word of God
    made flesh, and Paul a sinner saved by God's grace, a man who rec ...[text shortened]... e supposed to be. That place where they were supposed to be is
    where we all are supposed to be.
    I really dont understand most of that .. its mostly gibberish to my ears.

Anyway I dont know who has HS gifts neither do I care to know .. I say again.

So what is your point about repeating that again.

Do you have HS gifts therefore Im supposed to listen to you. Or sonship .. chackbaiter ? Who? What is your point.

Are you saying that I dont listen to Paul? If so then you are wrong.

I am not accusing anyone by that verse .. it is you and others that ignore the teachings of the Apostles. Christians can and do fall away becuase of sin and they do not get eternal life. That is the truth according to the Bible. No amount of explaining and change what the Bible says clearly.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Sep '15 16:39
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I really dont understand most of that .. its mostly gibberish to my ears.

Anyway I dont know who has HS gifts neither do I care to know .. I say again.

So what is your point about repeating that again.

Do you have HS gifts therefore Im supposed to listen to you. Or sonship .. chackbaiter ? Who? What is your point.

Are you saying that I dont liste ...[text shortened]... he truth according to the Bible. No amount of explaining and change what the Bible says clearly.
    I'm surprised at you since Jesus said that the Holy Spirit would come and teach and lead
    us. I'm also surprised because the Word of God says that if you do not have the Spirit of
    God you don't belong to him. The Spirit of God lead Jesus when he walked as one of us,
    so I do not for the life of me grasp how the Holy Spirit would be so meaningless to you.

You have read scripture that tells us that somethings are only understood with the
    Holy Spirit?

John 14:
    25 “I have said these things to you while I am still with you. 26 But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you everything, and remind you of all that I have said to you.

Matthew 4:1
    Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil.

John 3:5
    Jesus answered, “Very truly, I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God without being born of water and Spirit.

John 7:
    37 On the last day of the festival, the great day, while Jesus was standing there, he cried out, “Let anyone who is thirsty come to me, 38 and let the one who believes in me drink. As the scripture has said, ‘Out of the believer’s heart shall flow rivers of living water.’” 39 Now he said this about the Spirit, which believers in him were to receive; for as yet there was no Spirit, because Jesus was not yet glorified.

1 Corinthians 2:12
    Now we have received not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit that is from God, so that we may understand the gifts bestowed on us by God.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    29 Sep '15 17:50
    I'm surprised at you since Jesus said that the Holy Spirit would come and teach and lead
    us. I'm also surprised because the Word of God says that if you do not have the Spirit of
    God you don't belong to him. The Spirit of God lead Jesus when he walked as one of us,
    so I do not for the life of me grasp how the Holy Spirit would be so meaningless to you.
    ...[text shortened]... rld, but the Spirit that is from God, so that we may understand the gifts bestowed on us by God.
    Christianity is full of shysters, crooks and money hungry pastors who all claim to have the Holy Spirit . so NO .. I dont care for that kind of Holy Spirit.

In the early days there was no New Testament and no record of the teachings of Jesus to which to refer. Therefore the Apostles guided by the HS was a great significance. Now that has no relevance as the Bible [which I hope you believe in] is here and the Bible is the guide that we have that is reliable.

Read the reason for the HS:

Joh 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Do you see the purpose of the HS? To teach the things that Christ said. And we have that in the New Testament.

Yet many like yourself now follow church dogma rather than Jesus. What therefore is the purpose of the HS when Christ is sidelined. Checkbaiter said very clearly that he is under the Administration of Grace and Christ teachings are no longer applicable .. What hypocrisy !!
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Sep '15 20:051 edit
    Christianity is full of shysters, crooks and money hungry pastors who all claim to have the Holy Spirit . so NO .. I dont care for that kind of Holy Spirit.

In the early days there was no New Testament and no record of the teachings of Jesus to which to refer. Therefore the Apostles guided by the HS was a great significance. Now that has no relevance as t ...[text shortened]... r the Administration of Grace and Christ teachings are no longer applicable .. What hypocrisy !!
    Does it matter that the world is full of Shysters, crooks, and money hungry pastors?
    There have been fakers from the beginning of time, people have been faking walking and
    talking with God since the beginning.

That does not mean that God does not talk to people, or that God's Spirit does not fill
    people, that the Holy Spirit's gifts are real today.

I'm not talking about the liars, but God's Spirit, He is someone who should concern you.

I do believe in the revealed truth of scripture the Bible, that however does not negate the
    Spirit of God among believers. Jesus promised the Holy Spirit, He didn't tell us to wait for
    a compilation of various scriptures old and new. The Bible is a guide that we have that is
    reliable, but again that does not change the fact the Spirit of God is reliable.

Don't you think it is funny that the very scripture you are quoting is why God sends us His
    Holy Spirit? Seriously we have the same needs as those that were walking with Christ,
    and incase you have forgotten the scripture is clear if you don't have God's Spirit you
    do not belong to Him. If that is the case why would you reject the Spirit of God?

If you want to reject the Spirit of God because there are fakers among man, why do you
    do and believe in anything, because people fake about everything? The truth is what
    matters not the liars and fakers.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    29 Sep '15 21:45
    Does it matter that the world is full of Shysters, crooks, and money hungry pastors?
    There have been fakers from the beginning of time, people have been faking walking and
    talking with God since the beginning.

That does not mean that God does not talk to people, or that God's Spirit does not fill
    people, that the Holy Spirit's gifts are real today.
    ...[text shortened]... ing, because people fake about everything? The truth is what
    matters not the liars and fakers.
    Why do I reject Gods Spirit?

Did I say that I reject Gods Spirit?
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Sep '15 22:10
    Why do I reject Gods Spirit?

Did I say that I reject Gods Spirit?
    Are you suggesting the Holy Spirit is not God's Spirit?
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    29 Sep '15 22:12
    Are you suggesting the Holy Spirit is not God's Spirit?
    I did not say that either.

where did I say this:

.. why would you reject the Spirit of God?
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Sep '15 22:52
    I did not say that either.

where did I say this:

[b].. why would you reject the Spirit of God?
    [/b]
    You were going on about not wanting anything to do with the Holy Spirit due to bad people.
    I guess you want to walk that back?
    I'll ask you this since I now believe you accept God's Spirit, do you now accept that God's
    Spirit is required for those that belong to God?
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    29 Sep '15 23:18
    You were going on about not wanting anything to do with the Holy Spirit due to bad people.
    I guess you want to walk that back?
    I'll ask you this since I now believe you accept God's Spirit, do you now accept that God's
    Spirit is required for those that belong to God?
    I said that I dont want to have anything to do with those Christians who lie about having HS gifts. You really need to take your time and read carefully. I also said this:

Read the reason for the HS:

Joh 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Do you see the purpose of the HS? To teach the things that Christ said. And we have that in the New Testament.

Yet many like yourself now follow church dogma rather than Jesus. What therefore is the purpose of the HS when Christ is sidelined. Checkbaiter said very clearly that he is under the Administration of Grace and Christ teachings are no longer applicable .. What hypocrisy !!

I notice that you avoided what Christ said was the purpose of the Comforter was for.

I would be interested in hearing what you have to say about my statement in italics above.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Sep '15 23:34
    I said that I dont want to have anything to do with those Christians who lie about having HS gifts. You really need to take your time and read carefully. I also said this:

[i]Read the reason for the HS:

Joh 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to y ...[text shortened]... r.

I would be interested in hearing what you have to say about my statement in italics above.
    I'm not asking you to have anything to do with anyone who is not following God, who I
    have been asking you about is the Holy Spirit. I don't care that there are those that
    pretend to have the gifts of the Spirit, if God's Spirit does give spiritual gifts wouldn't they
    be something you'd have to acknowledge as from God and worth having? Again, people
    are not who I am taking about, I'm asking about the Holy Spirit.

Seriously, you think that God's leading, or prompting of what we need to know and do is
    no longer needed that He is now sidelined, because I can go read about life in the Bible,
    and that according to you is better than having the Spirit of God in your life doing what
    Jesus said?
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    29 Sep '15 23:53
    I'm not asking you to have anything to do with anyone who is not following God, who I
    have been asking you about is the Holy Spirit. I don't care that there are those that
    pretend to have the gifts of the Spirit, if God's Spirit does give spiritual gifts wouldn't they
    be something you'd have to acknowledge as from God and worth having? Again, people
    are ...[text shortened]... at according to you is better than having the Spirit of God in your life doing what
    Jesus said?
    Ok, I have never met someone who has demonstrated to me, or proven that he has Holy Spirit gifts. Maybe people tell you that they have a HS gift and you accept that as truth but I dont.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    30 Sep '15 06:10
    Ok, I have never met someone who has demonstrated to me, or proven that he has Holy Spirit gifts. Maybe people tell you that they have a HS gift and you accept that as truth but I dont.
    I'm not telling you to accept anyone who claims they have the gifts of the Spirit. I'm more
    concern about your views on the Holy Spirit. So you reject or accept that God still gives
    His Spirit to those that belong to Him?
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Sep '15 11:27
    I'm not telling you to accept anyone who claims they have the gifts of the Spirit. I'm more
    concern about your views on the Holy Spirit. So you reject or accept that God still gives
    His Spirit to those that belong to Him?
    Since I have never met anyone who actually has HS gifts then I have no proof that God still does that. However, the Bible says that God gives HS gifts to some. Whether or not he does it to all his people I do not know. Maybe he does it to some... I still do not know.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    30 Sep '15 20:471 edit
    Since I have never met anyone who actually has HS gifts then I have no proof that God still does that. However, the Bible says that God gives HS gifts to some. Whether or not he does it to all his people I do not know. Maybe he does it to some... I still do not know.
    Okay, again nothing in my question had anything to do with the Spiritual gifts. So if you can
    actually read what I am asking I'd like the answer to that question.

Do you believe that God gives His Holy Spirit to all of His that belong to Him, because the
    Bible speaks to this?
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Sep '15 22:13
    Okay, again nothing in my question had anything to do with the Spiritual gifts. So if you can
    actually read what I am asking I'd like the answer to that question.

Do you believe that God gives His Holy Spirit to all of His that belong to Him, because the
    Bible speaks to this?
    God gives the Holy Spirit to certain believers in the form of Holy Spirit gifts as far as I can tell. If not then let me have reference to check on it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree