1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    07 Aug '17 22:57
    Jesus spoke in parables because he didn't want some people saved

Matthew 13

1 He replied, “Because the knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them. 12 Whoever has will be given more, and they will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what they have will be taken from them. 13 This is why I speak to them in parables:

“Though seeing, they do not see;
    though hearing, they do not hear or understand.
    14 In them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah:

“‘You will be ever hearing but never understanding;
    you will be ever seeing but never perceiving.
    15 For this people’s heart has become calloused;
    they hardly hear with their ears,
    and they have closed their eyes.
    Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
    hear with their ears,
    understand with their hearts
    and turn, and I would heal them.’[a]

There it is, he did not want some to understand with their hearts and turn. Why? Then he'd have to heal them and they'd be saved.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Aug '17 05:512 edits
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Your desire to seek out, identify with and justify your world view with every negative translation or interpretation that is in the bible does not make God a bigoted, torturing monster. It just means you've barked up so many of the wrong trees for so long that you have forgotten what the trees really are and have yourself become what you have sought.
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    08 Aug '17 06:23

Matthew 13

1 He replied, “Because the knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them. 12 Whoever has will be given more, and they will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what they have will be taken from them. 13 This is why I speak ...[text shortened]... to understand with their hearts and turn. Why? Then he'd have to heal them and they'd be saved.
    2 Peter 3:9

The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    08 Aug '17 10:58
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    2 Peter 3:9

The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.
    Evidently Peter hadn't heard what Jesus said about why he taught in parables.

If Jesus wanted everyone saved why not make everyone the elect?
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    08 Aug '17 10:59
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Your desire to seek out, identify with and justify your world view with every negative translation or interpretation that is in the bible does not make God a bigoted, torturing monster. It just means you've barked up so many of the wrong trees for so long that you have forgotten what the trees really are and have yourself become what you have sought.
    I'm not the one that had Jesus teach in parables so peopke would not understand.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    08 Aug '17 12:09

You attempt to make God as ugly and twisted as your judgemental soul, just remember as you judge so will you be judged.
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    08 Aug '17 12:171 edit
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    You attempt to make God as ugly and twisted as your judgemental soul, just remember as you judge so will you be judged.
    I am not judging most people and finding them guilty of sin.

Jesus is the one doing that. I am just being honest by judging the Bible accepting your belief system. You simply cast a blind eye to it and pretend it does not exist.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    08 Aug '17 12:27
    I am not judgimg most people and finding them guilty of sin.

Jesus os the one doing that. I am kust being honest by judging the Bible accepting your belief system. You simply cast a blind eye to it and pretend it does not exist.
    I can't think of anyone here you have not called a child of Satan you have disagreed with. Grace and mercy you never speak about that I recall, yet you go out of your way to insult and denigrate others, including the Lord.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    08 Aug '17 12:301 edit
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    I can't think of anyone here you have not called a child of Satan you have disagreed with. Grace and mercy you never speak about that I recall, yet you go out of your way to insult and denigrate others, including the Lord.
    RBHill

I do not insult Jesus, exvept when viewed through worldly eyes.
  10. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    08 Aug '17 12:56

You don't seem to understand what the word elect means.

Many are invited few respond and are chosen.
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    08 Aug '17 12:58
    You don't seem to understand what the word elect means.

Many are invited few respond and are chosen.
    The elect are those who are impossible to take out of God's hands.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Aug '17 15:06

Matthew 13

1 He replied, “Because the knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them. 12 Whoever has will be given more, and they will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what they have will be taken from them. 13 This is why I speak ...[text shortened]... to understand with their hearts and turn. Why? Then he'd have to heal them and they'd be saved.
    That is not what Jesus is doing.
    The parables are designed to make the hearers think, seek and if need be ask to understand. He separates those who accept his teaching or are willing to hear, from those who do not.
    He is practicing what he himself preached about not casting your pearls before swine.

This is also backed up in Proverbs 2.
    Prov 2:1-5
    My son, if you receive my words,
    And treasure my commands within you,
    2 So that you incline your ear to wisdom,
    And apply your heart to understanding;
    3 Yes, if you cry out for discernment,
    And lift up your voice for understanding,
    4 If you seek her as silver,
    And search for her as for hidden treasures;
    5 Then you will understand the fear of the Lord,
    And find the knowledge of God.
    NKJV
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    08 Aug '17 15:21
    Originally posted by @checkbaiter
    That is not what Jesus is doing.
    The parables are designed to make the hearers think, seek and if need be ask to understand. He separates those who accept his teaching or are willing to hear, from those who do not.
    He is practicing what he himself preached about not casting your pearls before swine.

This is also backed up in Proverbs 2.
    [b]Prov 2 ...[text shortened]...
    5 Then you will understand the fear of the Lord,
    And find the knowledge of God.
    NKJV
    [/b]
    You can disagree with Jesus all you like. Jesus gave the reason not me.
  14. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    08 Aug '17 16:00

Peter was one of the appostles, of course he heard what Jesus taught. Do you think you have a better understanding than Peter?
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    08 Aug '17 16:02
    Peter was one of the appostles, of course he heard what Jesus taught. Do you think you have a better understanding than Peter?
    Do you think Peter knew better than Jesus? Jesus was the one who made the claim.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree