1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Aug '17 04:29
    Originally posted by @eladar
    So did Pharaoh harden his own heart or did God harden Pharaoh's heart?
    God showed him His power and authority so he harden his heart.
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Aug '17 04:381 edit
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    God showed him His power and authority so he harden his heart.
    You used the pronoun he.

Did God or pharaoh harden the heart?
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    13 Aug '17 04:40
    I guess that's because you are too blind to see. I'll quote the exact words again.

Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
    hear with their ears,
    understand with their hearts
    and turn, and I would heal them.’[a]
    You are twisting scripture and paraphrasing it to mean what you want to.
  4. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    13 Aug '17 04:432 edits
    You used the pronoun he.

Are you saying only God hardened Pharoahs heart or did Pharoah harden his own heart first? Do you think God hardened Pharoahs heart against his own will? Or was it after Pharoah had continually hardened his own heart that God handed him over to his sin?
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Aug '17 05:151 edit
    You used the pronoun he.

Yes, God showed Pharaoh His power, and Pharaoh harden his heart. So God acted and
    Pharaoh's heart was harden. Its as I said, had God done that to someone else, the very
    same act they might have repented. Those that do not want God in their lives have to
    harden their hearts against God, or they will have to acknowledge Him.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Aug '17 06:54
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    Are you saying only God hardened Pharoahs heart or did Pharoah harden his own heart first? Do you think God hardened Pharoahs heart against his own will? Or was it after Pharoah had continually hardened his own heart that God handed him over to his sin?
    I believe the Bible, so God hardened Pharaoh's heart.
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Aug '17 06:57
    Yes, God showed Pharaoh His power, and Pharaoh harden his heart. So God acted and
    Pharaoh's heart was harden. Its as I said, had God done that to someone else, the very
    same act they might have repented. Those that do not want God in their lives have to
    harden their hearts against God, or they will have to acknowledge Him.
    According to the Bible, what you are saying is false. I feel sorry for you, having to twist scripture to fit your view of right and wrong.

You are a liar.
  8. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    13 Aug '17 11:29
    I believe the Bible, so God hardened Pharaoh's heart.
    Did he do it against Pharoahs will? I think not.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Aug '17 11:54
    According to the Bible, what you are saying is false. I feel sorry for you, having to twist scripture to fit your view of right and wrong.

You are a liar.
    No, I agree completely with scripture, and I'm merely telling you how and why. Your lack
    of understanding notwithstanding.
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Aug '17 13:12
    Did he do it against Pharoahs will? I think not.
    Do you have a verse to back that up?
  11. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    13 Aug '17 20:031 edit
    Do you have a verse to back that up?
    Pharaoh hardened his own heart against letting the Israelites go. “Pharaoh's heart became hard” (Exodus 7:13, 22; 8:19). “But when Pharaoh saw that there was relief, he hardened his heart” (Exodus 8:15). “But this time also Pharaoh hardened his heart” (Exodus 8:32). Pharaoh could have spared Egypt of all the plagues if he had not hardened his own heart. God was giving Pharaoh increasingly severe warnings of the judgment that was to come. Pharaoh chose to bring judgment on himself and on his nation by hardening his own heart against God’s commands.
    As a result of Pharaoh’s hard-heartedness, God hardened Pharaoh’s heart even further, allowing for the last few plagues (Exodus 9:12; 10:20, 27).
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Aug '17 20:061 edit
    Pharaoh hardened his own heart against letting the Israelites go. “Pharaoh's heart became hard” (Exodus 7:13, 22; 8:19). “But when Pharaoh saw that there was relief, he hardened his heart” (Exodus 8:15). “But this time also Pharaoh hardened his heart” (Exodus 8:32). Pharaoh could have spared Egypt of all the plagues if he had not hardened his own heart. G ...[text shortened]... o bring judgment on himself and on his nation by hardening his own heart against God’s commands.
    So God lied. God did not harden Pharaoh's heart. Paul lied too.

At least you get props for using scripture.

Here is the first hardening...

Yet Pharaoh’s heart became hard and he would not listen to them, just as the Lord had said.

God or Pharaoh?
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Aug '17 21:121 edit
    So God lied. God did not harden Pharaoh's heart. Paul lied too.

At least you get props for using scripture.

Here is the first hardening...

Yet Pharaoh’s heart became hard and he would not listen to them, just as the Lord had said.

God or Pharaoh?
    You should study the Word, maybe even do a Word study on hardening hearts before you start throwing around the word lie!
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Aug '17 21:14
    You should study the Word, maybe even do a Word study on hardening hearts before you start throwing around the word lie!
    God or Pharaoh, what does the scripture say for the first instance? I quoted it.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Aug '17 21:291 edit
    God or Pharaoh, what does the scripture say for the first instance? I quoted it.
    Believe it or not there is more than one scripture in the Bible, in additionally both can actually be true at the same time. God can cause actually cause Pharaoh's heart to be hard by doing something that causes Pharaoh to harden his own heart.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree