1. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    09 Jul '09 04:211 edit
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    "C'mon THinkoOne, I went on that assumption. Didn't I?

TJ made the following statement:
    "Couldn't have pointed out your interests any better than you just did."

You made the following statement instead of addressing his point:
    "I still don't know who your comments are addressed to."

It was clearly a dodge. Why don't you just admit it ct on this, gain some perspective and get out of denial.[/b]
    ============================

It was clearly a dodge. Why don't you just admit it?
    ================================

I am not into admitting people's false accusations against me.

Its is just your perception. I puzzled a few seconds to see if he was talking to me or to some other argumentative person in the the discussion. (I'm not the only fella here getting his goad).

By the time I got about half way through the post I assumed that he had to be talking to me.

And the paragraph below that you say I responded to I see now for the first time.

Now its late. I am liable to get sequences of responses confused.

And I think this poster is able to argue for himself. So I have nothing much more to say about it tonight.
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    09 Jul '09 15:591 edit
    Originally posted by jaywill
    [b]============================

It was clearly a dodge. Why don't you just admit it?
    ========================= ster is able to argue for himself. So I have nothing much more to say about it tonight.
    [/b]And the paragraph below that you say I responded to I see now for the first time.

If you are referring to the quote from TJ's post, I find it hard to believe since you did a 'reply and quote' on it.
  3. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    09 Jul '09 17:36
    And the paragraph below that you say I responded to I see now for the first time.

If you are referring to the quote from TJ's post, I find it hard to believe since you did a 'reply and quote' on it.[/b]
    I'm sure you realize ThinkOfOne how unreasonable it is to expect that jaywill would actually read a post before responding to it. After all what could be more important to him than his own opinions?

Note that altho I do admit to personally having many problems with christianity my response to his posts is not based on that (I know many christians who actually do care about others and not about enforcing ideological purity on the rest of the world.) I find his advocacy of "the Will of God" to be not very different from similar advocates now dwelling along the Afghan-Pakistani border. In other threads I have read him even denounce other christians.

I am also not trying to put forward an alternative to his beliefs. I am really just trying to diagnose a pathology that he regularly demonstrates on these forums. I truly fear for the people around him and would recommend that he seek treatment to develop some compassion for the world. I have actually told him many times that he is welcome to his beliefs. I am just urging him to show some respect for others but of course I don't think he actually read any of that.

A sad case, and unfortunately, not an isolated one, that makes me despair for the survival of our children.
  4. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    09 Jul '09 18:341 edit

If you are referring to the quote from TJ's post, I find it hard to believe since you did a 'reply and quote' on it.[/b]
    Its not unusual. I'm usually in two or three debates, skipping quickly from one retort to another.

While my wife is calling me to come away from the PC and give her a ride to work.

If I didn't read a post well, I take responsibility for it. But nothing sneaky is going on here.

Hey, don't believe it. It's OK.
  5. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    09 Jul '09 18:56
    ToO,

Did you ever quote and respond to a post that you did not entirely read?

I mean you read down to something you wanted to address and maybe skipped the rest ?
  6. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    09 Jul '09 23:57
    Its not unusual. I'm usually in two or three debates, skipping quickly from one retort to another.

While my wife is calling me to come away from the PC and give her a ride to work.

If I didn't read a post well, I take responsibility for it. But nothing sneaky is going on here.

Hey, don't believe it. It's OK.
    This is just a continuation of disjointed "excuses".

Seems to me that you're just continuing to avoid the main point of my post.
  7. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    09 Jul '09 23:59

What's that?
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    10 Jul '09 00:28
    Originally posted by daniel58
    What's that?
    What's what?
  9. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    10 Jul '09 01:16

What's the main point of your "devastating" and thoroughly invincible post ?

I mean I'm shaking in my boots here.
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    10 Jul '09 01:22
    What's the main point of your "devastating" and thoroughly invincible post ?

I mean I'm shaking in my boots here.
    I suppose you could do something unusual for you and read it 🙂
  11. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    10 Jul '09 01:281 edit
    I suppose you could do something unusual for you and read it 🙂
    Hey, if it is as good as that, I'd think you'd want to repeat it.

copy and paste it.
  12. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    10 Jul '09 01:341 edit
    Hey, if it is as good as that, I'd think you'd want to repeat it.

copy and paste it.
    Didn't expect that you would. Like I said, it's just a dodge.

Maybe TJ has you pegged.
  13. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    10 Jul '09 01:401 edit

Maybe TJ has you pegged.
    Okay. Are you too proud or too lazy to copy and paste it?

Must not have too much confidence in it after all.

What an anti-climax.
  14. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    10 Jul '09 10:352 edits
    "C'mon THinkoOne, I went on that assumption. Didn't I?

It was clearly a dodge. Why don't you just admit it ct on this, gain some perspective and get out of denial.[/b]
    ==============================
    Lets look at TJ's assertion:
    "So to argue about them is to be distracted from the real concerns of humanity that so urgently need to be addressed.
    ====================================

What real concerns are those which are not addressed in the cooperation of believers with the salvation in Christ ?

Romans 8 demolishes your criticism because the whole creation is awaiting the revelation of the sons of God.

If the whole creation is awaiting the revelation of the sons of God in order for the whole creation to be freed from every form of bondage, futility, shortage, degradation, corruption, and decay, THEN the best thing I can do as a disciple of Jesus is to cooperate that His dispensed divine life in me would develop, grow and mature for this revelation of the sons of God.

'"For the anxious watching of the creation agerly awaits the revelation of the sons of God. For the creation was made subject to vanity, ... in hope that the creation itself will also be freed from the slavery of corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God." (See Rom. 8:19-21)

It may be true that some evangelical Christianity is short sighted and only speaks of personal "going to heaven" for a private mansion up there. But I don't have to follow anything except the normal teaching of the New Testament. And that manion business is a misunderstanding of John 14 anyway.

So this cooperation with God for the larger picture of creation's release from bondage into the freedom of the glory of the children of god is a part of my inheritance in Christ. And I STILL ask ToO or Terrier Jack to put forward what they think they have which is better.

I am not going to boast like a girl scout seeking browny points about my "good works" as a humanitarian because that is contrary to the nature of the kingdom people.

"But take care not to do your righteousness before men in order to be gazed at by them; otherwise, you have no reward with your Father who is in the heavens.

Therefore when you give alms, do not sound a trumpet before you as the hypocrits do in the synagogues and in the streets, so that they may be glorified by men. truly I say to you, They have their reward in full.

But you, when you give alms, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, So that your alms may be in secret; and your Father who sees in secret will repay you." (Matt. 6:1-4)

The principle of the kingdom living is not to advertize of boast in our humanitarian works through Him in order to receive man's praise. Rather it is to do these works in secret for the Father's secret knowledge. Our reward will be from the Father.

Actually, the real work of God is for God to work Himself into our beings. And the deeds of Christ must come out of abiding in Him as the true vine. Apart from Him we can do nothing. And apart from Him all that we do do will one day amount to nothing.

I still ask ToO and Terrier if they have a better philosophy and I still ask how it would benefit me if I drop Christ and pick up thier philosophy. No apologies on that.
  15. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    10 Jul '09 14:54

Maybe TJ has you pegged.
    You are NOT going to get a straight answer - just distraction and personal insult. (Especially when he has made it clear he is not interested in anything someone else says.) With christians like jaywill the devil has all the allies he needs.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree