1. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    10 Jul '09 18:00
    Originally posted by TerrierJack
    You are NOT going to get a straight answer - just distraction and personal insult. (Especially when he has made it clear he is not interested in anything someone else says.) With christians like jaywill the devil has all the allies he needs.
    Whoa Chritians are not the devil's allies!
  2. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    11 Jul '09 09:381 edit
    You are NOT going to get a straight answer - just distraction and personal insult. (Especially when he has made it clear he is not interested in anything someone else says.) With christians like jaywill the devil has all the allies he needs.
    What do you have that can compare with Jesus Christ ?

Do you have something that can compete with Jesus Christ, that you think is more valuable?

Is your only reply that somone is too self centered to ask ?

Okay then, what do you have which is better at turning a man away from a self centered life more than Jesus ?

"And they overcame him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their testimony, and they loved not their soul-life even unto death" (Rev. 12:11)

It says that these Christians overcame because of Christ's blood, because of the word of their testimony, and because they did NOT love themselves even unto death.

So following such a Christ would mean the best possibility for me to deny myself and overcome all opposition to God's kingdom.

Do you have a better way for one to deny himself than loving Jesus Christ ? What is it then ?
  3. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    11 Jul '09 09:582 edits
    I'm sure you realize ThinkOfOne how unreasonable it is to expect that jaywill would actually read a post before responding to it. After all what could be more important to him than his own opinions?

Note that altho I do admit to personally having many problems with christianity my response to his posts is not based on that (I know many christians who unfortunately, not an isolated one, that makes me despair for the survival of our children.
    ==================================
    A sad case, and unfortunately, not an isolated one, that makes me despair for the survival of our children.
    =======================================

How many kids have you raised ?

I've raised two of my own and am involved in the raising of as many as five more foster kids.

So when your children that you are concerned about, ask you about why they are alive, what do you tell them ?

"Just put on these cloths on your back, put this food in your stomach, and hope for the best."

Do you tell them that is all there is to this life and that they will turn to dust and melt peacefully away into oblivion. For transgressions commited against them there will be no reckoning and no justice, no forgiveness. For transgressions they have done to others there will also be no reckoning and no justice and no forgiveness?

What do you tell them about a purpose for being here ? Do you just assume that if their material needs are met then they should be as satisfied as any animal in the zoo who is regularly fed?

I still want to know what you have that is better than Jesus Christ.

You say "I am not here to point out any alternative". You must be. You are making comparisons and Christ comes up terribly short. So what is your superior belief if belief in Christ is so worthless?
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    11 Jul '09 14:27
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Okay. Are you too proud or too lazy to copy and paste it?

Must not have too much confidence in it after all.

What an anti-climax.
    What's this insistence on having it spoon fed to you? You know where it is as well as I do. Either read it and address it or admit that you're dodging it. I can see a ten year old trying this tactic, but you should be old enough to know better.
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    11 Jul '09 14:31
    [b]==============================
    Lets look at TJ's assertion:
    "So to argue about them is to be distracted from the real concerns of humanity that so urgently need to be addressed.
    ====================================

What real concerns are those which are not addressed in the cooperation of believers with the salvation in Christ ?

Ro ...[text shortened]... benefit me if I drop Christ and pick up thier philosophy. No apologies on that.[/b]
    I still ask ToO and Terrier if they have a better philosophy and I still ask how it would benefit me if I drop Christ and pick up thier philosophy. No apologies on that.

Yet another example of how self-centered you are. You can only think in terms of benefit to YOU.

Even at that, tell you what, you address my earlier post and I'll give you an explanation of a better philosophy to adopt than your brand of "Christianity".
  6. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    11 Jul '09 14:371 edit
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    [b]I still ask ToO and Terrier if they have a better philosophy and I still ask how it would benefit me if I drop Christ and pick up thier philosophy. No apologies on that.

Yet another example of how self-centered you are. You can only think in terms of benefit to YOU.

Even at that, tell you what, you address my earlier post and I'll give you an explanation of a better philosophy to adopt than your brand of "Christianity".[/b]
    I want to hear what Terrier has to say.
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    11 Jul '09 14:441 edit
    So why the posturing with "I still ask ToO and Terrier if they have a better philosophy and I still ask how it would benefit me if I drop Christ and pick up thier philosophy."?

Like you can't do both. You're really too much jaywill.
  8. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    11 Jul '09 22:23
    I say that no matter what I say your ego will drive you to shout me down with endless posting that never addresses the issue I brought up. You've never demonstrated anything but unrestrained ego in every post of yours I've ever read. Why should I expect an open discussion of anything that I might say? You've already concluded that your beliefs are the only correct ones. You have never demonstrated one moment of openness to the possibility that you could be wrong. You just continually shout-down and judge others. You are a person utterly devoid of self-doubt - a tinhorn dictator in a world of your own making. You've never demonstrated any capacity for critical thought. I've certainly never read anything from you that remotely resembled a line of reasoning. All you ever do is quote your book in a pretentious way. (There's a whole crowd of similar posters who stick together except when they are busy pointing out the flaws in each others beliefs.) It is exactly people like you that I use to point out to those on the fence what an empty, useless, shell of mindless blowhards modern christianity has become. You are the perfect example of why belief is a fool's refuge. A person cultivates compassion not by pointing out to others where they fail but by recognizing that they share the failings (and the pain) of others. I can't give you a formula for that that you can use to bang a drum. You have to live it with your life - and at this point I don't see how you could ever be capable of that without first overcoming your own ego.

So feel free to let that fiery thing loose again and spew some more self-important invective my way. I won't respond. I've learned all I need to know.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Jul '09 22:57
    ....what an empty, useless, shell of mindless blowhards modern christianity has become. ...
    So .. which Christian sect do you belong to .. 😀
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Jul '09 00:43
    I say that no matter what I say your ego will drive you to shout me down with endless posting that never addresses the issue I brought up. You've never demonstrated anything but unrestrained ego in every post of yours I've ever read. Why should I expect an open discussion of anything that I might say? You've already concluded that your beliefs are the o ...[text shortened]... re self-important invective my way. I won't respond. I've learned all I need to know.
    wow I would be quite hurt if that was said to me.
  11. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    12 Jul '09 02:53
    I say that no matter what I say your ego will drive you to shout me down with endless posting that never addresses the issue I brought up. You've never demonstrated anything but unrestrained ego in every post of yours I've ever read. Why should I expect an open discussion of anything that I might say? You've already concluded that your beliefs are the o ...[text shortened]... re self-important invective my way. I won't respond. I've learned all I need to know.
    ===============================
    You have never demonstrated one moment of openness to the possibility that you could be wrong.
    ==============================

I asked you to tell me what you have which you consider more valuable. This is not a matter of right and wrong. It is simply a matter of curiosity as to what you believe is more precious than Christ.

===========================
    You just continually shout-down and judge others.
    You are a person utterly devoid of self-doubt -
    =================================

Oh, I don't know about that TerrierJack.

a tinhorn dictator in a world of your own making. You've never demonstrated any capacity for critical thought.

I have critical enough thinking to know when someone is taking the comfort of evasion when asked to submit what they have which is more valuable than Christ.

==================================
    I've certainly never read anything from you that remotely resembled a line of reasoning.
    ===================================

Maybe that is because I include the possibility of God in my reasoning process. Maybe you, at every step of your reaoning process, exclude the Person and Power of God.

All you ever do is quote your book in a pretentious way. (There's a whole crowd of similar posters who stick together except when they are busy pointing out the flaws in each others beliefs.)
    ================================

Haven't quoted it yet in this post. Getting you to tell me what you have which is better than Jesus is like pulling hen's teeth. No need to quote anything.

It is exactly people like you that I use to point out to those on the fence what an empty, useless, shell of mindless blowhards modern christianity has become. You are the perfect example of why belief is a fool's refuge. A person cultivates compassion not by pointing out to others where they fail but by recognizing that they share the failings (and the pain) of others. I can't give you a formula for that that you can use to bang a drum. You have to live it with your life - and at this point I don't see how you could ever be capable of that without first overcoming your own ego.
    =====================================

Maybe if you wax more and more eloquently about my ego everyone will just kind of forget that you never talked about a superior life's philosophy.

Hollow bluster, TerrierJack.

Maybe your philosophy is better than what Jesus taught and demonstrated. We'll never know. Not as long as you cowardly evade the subject with distractions of poetic ad homs.

By the way. I am not shouting. Your imagination is running away with you.
  12. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    12 Jul '09 03:164 edits
    I say that no matter what I say your ego will drive you to shout me down with endless posting that never addresses the issue I brought up. You've never demonstrated anything but unrestrained ego in every post of yours I've ever read. Why should I expect an open discussion of anything that I might say? You've already concluded that your beliefs are the o re self-important invective my way. I won't respond. I've learned all I need to know.
    TerrierJack,

I've been looking through your posts trying to glean what you have as a faith, belief, world view, philosophy which you feel is much better that what Christ offers man.

What about this one ?

My father told me many times: "Don't worry about dead people - they can't hurt you - it's the live ones you need to watch out for!"
    ===================================

Is this your basic world view which you consider better than the Gospel of Jesus ?

Such an all consumming paranoia would definitely make me concerned for our children in the future.

You won't tell me. So don't blame me for going through your posts and looking.
  13. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    12 Jul '09 15:022 edits
    [b]===============================
    You have never demonstrated one moment of openness to the possibility that you could be wrong.

I asked you to tell me what you have which you consider more valuable. This is not a matter of right and wrong. It is simply a matter of curiosity as to what you believe is more .

By the way. I am not shouting. Your imagination is running away with you.[/b]
    Not as long as you cowardly evade the subject with distractions of poetic ad homs.

A COWARD. NOW it was serious. Next comes a dare-you, dog-dare, double-dare-you, followed by a double-dog-dare. What else was there but a triple-dare-you? And then, the coup de grace of all dares, the sinister triple-dog-dare.

Jaywill created a slight breach of etiquette by accusing TerrierJack of evading the subject with distractions of ad hominem attacks as a defense to doing the same. Hopefully the defense via attack will go unnoticed.
  14. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    13 Jul '09 04:167 edits
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    [b]Not as long as you cowardly evade the subject with distractions of poetic ad homs.

A COWARD. NOW it was serious. Next comes a dare-you, dog-dare, double-dare-you, followed by a double-dog-dare. What else was there but a triple-dare-you? And then, the coup de grace of all dares, the sinister triple-dog-dare.

Jaywill created a slight breach of ...[text shortened]... inem attacks as a defense to doing the same. Hopefully the defense via attack will go unnoticed.[/b]
    The fact of the matter is that I by far do not request of all posters that they put forth their alternative beliefs which they find superior to Christ.

Plenty of posters debate me here and disagree. I do not ask them all to discribe their supposed superior beliefs.

I did so in TerrierJack's case because of his broad brushed negative generalizations of believers in the Gospel.

"Okay, then. You have such broad brushed generalizations of the worthlessness of anything having to do with faith in Christ, other than your jeers and sneers, what do you have that's better ?"

I don't have to double dog dare him. You want to make excuses to not answer? Fine, but some of us notice that apart from sneering about what you don't believe, you don't seem to have something better than Jesus.

Just because you are so skeptical, some of us don't automatically assume that you also must be wise.
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    13 Jul '09 08:141 edit
    The fact of the matter is that I by far do not request of all posters that they put forth their alternative beliefs which they find superior to Christ.

Plenty of posters debate me here and disagree. I do not ask them all to discribe their supposed superior beliefs.

I did so in TerrierJack's case because of his broad brushed negative generalizations o you are so skeptical, some of us don't automatically assume that you also must be wise.
    Clearly for you there is nothing better than Jesus so why would TJ or anyone else feel the need to answer you? They would not think they were part of a fair debate and would quickly lose interest.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree