1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    20 Sep '12 01:08
    How doe the 3 beings of the trinity God view each other in the Bible?
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Sep '12 02:551 edit
    Originally posted by galveston75
    How doe the 3 beings of the trinity God view each other in the Bible?
    There are three persons, not three beings, as I have told you time and again.
    There are not three eternal beings, but only one eternal being.

http://carm.org/ontological-and-economic-trinity
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Sep '12 18:16
    Just let him go on, RJH.

Me? I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop, like always.

Gman, if you have something to say, just say it already. We've called you out on this before.
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    20 Sep '12 20:23
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Just let him go on, RJH.

Me? I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop, like always.

Gman, if you have something to say, just say it already. We've called you out on this before.
    Can't come up with an answer? Typical...
  5. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    20 Sep '12 20:24
    The debate goes on but I haven't seen any credible explanation.

One being, three persons.
    What nonsense is that?

The Trinity is like H2O: ice, water, steam?
    An analogy proves nothing.

As an atheist I wont accept your belief but I will accept a rational explanation.
    Come on!
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    20 Sep '12 20:24
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    There are three persons, not three beings, as I have told you time and again.
    There are not three eternal beings, but only one eternal being.

http://carm.org/ontological-and-economic-trinity
    A person is a human. Try again....
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Sep '12 21:02
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    The debate goes on but I haven't seen any credible explanation.

One being, three persons.
    What nonsense is that?

The Trinity is like H2O: ice, water, steam?
    An analogy proves nothing.

As an atheist I wont accept your belief but I will accept a rational explanation.
    Come on!
    Not really as it's 2 x hydrogen to 1 oxygen, so the hydrogens out-number the oxygen and gang up on it, even though the oxygen has mates.
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    21 Sep '12 00:19
    A comment that Jesus made right before he died was to his Father Jehovah.

Matthew 27:46
    Good News Translation (GNT)

46 At about three o'clock Jesus cried out with a loud shout, “Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?” which means, “My God, my God, why did you abandon me?”

If Jesus was the same being as his Father and has all the power as his Father according to the trinity, why did Jesus cry out with this expression? Can his Father do something he himself could not do?
    And why did he not ask the holy spirit this question?
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    21 Sep '12 00:25
    Another comment by Jesus himself about his Father Jehovah.

John 5:19

The Authority of the Son
    19 So Jesus answered them, “I tell you the truth: the Son can do nothing on his own; he does only what he sees his Father doing. What the Father does, the Son also does.

This is Jesus's own words of TRUTH that he is in subjection to his Father. He says that he cannot do even (((( 1 )))) thing on his own. Why not if he is indeed God himself?
    Where is the holy spirit in this decision making process?
  10. Joined
    30 Dec '04
    Moves
    21 Sep '12 01:46

46 At about three o'clock Jesus cried out with a loud shout, “Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?” which means, “My God, my God, why did you abandon me?”

If Jesus was the same being as his Father and has all the power as his Father acc ...[text shortened]... r do something he himself could not do?
    Hi,

I wouldn't say he was asking God a "question". Throughout the gospels he quoted the old testament. He used this for teaching mostly but also to show to the priests and Pharisee's that he "knew" who he was, and was showing them through scripture.

In Matthew 27:46 he was not asking a question. He was declaring who he was by quoting psalm 22:1 .

If you go back a few verses to Matthew 27:42 and Matthew 27:43, you will see that this is also in psalms 22 verses 8&9. Also psalm 22:16-18.

He quoted psalm 22 using only the first verse. I can only guess that in his weakened state , before he yielded up his spirit 'Matthew 27:50' he was declaring to everyone around him who he was and what his father had accomplished through him.

I don't see a question at all, only a grand declaration of fullfilled prophecy.

In his love,
    Boonon
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    21 Sep '12 01:491 edit
    Another comment by Jesus himself about his Father Jehovah.

John 5:19

The Authority of the Son
    19 So Jesus answered them, “I tell you the truth: the Son can do nothing on his own; he does only what he sees his Father doing. What the Father does, the Son also does.

This is Jesus's own words of TRUTH that he is in ...[text shortened]... hy not if he is indeed God himself?
    Where is the holy spirit in this decision making process?
    And doesnt the story go that god sent his son to Earth?
    Doesnt that imply at least a hierachy between the two.
    Who does the Holy Spirit take orders from?
  12. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    21 Sep '12 02:53
    Hey G-man Go knock on some doors or something LOL 🙂

Manny
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Sep '12 09:11
    A person is a human. Try again....
    There is more than one definition of a person. Come on!
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Sep '12 09:291 edit
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    And doesnt the story go that god [b]sent his son to Earth?
    Doesnt that imply at least a hierachy between the two.
    Who does the Holy Spirit take orders from?[/b]
    That is true. However, after the Son of God pleased the Father, the Son was given all authority in Heaven and on Earth. The JWs are partly right about the Holy Spirit, because He is the active force of God and does the will of the Father and the Son by using His active force. The Holy Spirit is not just doing His own will for He is in complete agreement with the Father and the Son. Jesus described the Holy Spirit as like the wind. Who does the wind take orders from? 😏
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Sep '12 10:161 edit

If Jesus was the same being as his Father and has all the power as his Father acc ...[text shortened]... r do something he himself could not do?
    You seem unable to grasp that Jesus was also human. This was the only way that God could die for man's sin. Only the flesh could die, not the Spirit. Jesus was crying out from His sufferings in the flesh like any other man in His appeal to God. Don't you remember that John says that the Word became flesh and dwelt among men. He also said the Word was God. Paul points out that during this time the Son had humbled himself to take on the flesh of men. If you would use a little logic here, you should be able to put it together.

There was no need to turn around and ask the Holy Spirit the same question He had just asked the Father, because they are in agreement and the Father is the authority at that time. But after the resurrection all authority in Heaven and on Earth was give to the Son of God and His Christ. Jesus actually calls out to GOD, which could also include the HOLY SPIRIT, as well as the SON.

The Trinity never implies that the Father and the Son are the same person. However, it does imply that the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spiirt is the same Spiritual Being called God or YAH. In THE NAME of the FATHER, the SON, and the HOLY SPIRIT. There is only ONE NAME, not three names. Notice it does not say in the NAMES, but in the NAME. That NAME is YAHshua as in Jesus and YAHweh as in Jehovah and YAH as in HalleluYAH.

HalleluYAH !!! Praise the Lord! HOLY! HOLY! HOLY!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree