1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Sep '12 17:45
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    they have a much better understanding of the bible than the trinitarians.
    They are idiots. Could I say anything nicer about them? I doubt it.
  2. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    22 Sep '12 17:46
    Originally posted by boonon
    Hi,

So you choose to view it as a question and not the way I presented it? Just wondering why?

Obviously I suspect that you are an avid student of the scriptures because I have seen many of your posts and you do show knowledge of Gods word.

If you read all of psalm 22 can you not see that I 'may' be correct and it is not a question or do you disagree? If you do disagree could you explain to me why my reasoning is wrong.

Thanks.
    Psalm 22
    New American Standard Bible (NASB)
    A Cry of Anguish and a Song of Praise.
    www.biblegateway.com

For the choir director; upon Aijeleth Hashshahar. A Psalm of David.

22 My God, my God, why have You forsaken me?
    Far from my deliverance are the words of my groaning.
    2 O my God, I cry by day, but You do not answer;
    And by night, but I have no rest.
    3 Yet You are holy,
    O You who are enthroned upon the praises of Israel.
    4 In You our fathers trusted;
    They trusted and You delivered them.
    5 To You they cried out and were delivered;
    In You they trusted and were not disappointed.
    6 But I am a worm and not a man,
    A reproach of men and despised by the people.
    7 All who see me sneer at me;
    They separate with the lip, they wag the head, saying,
    8 “Commit yourself to the Lord; let Him deliver him;
    Let Him rescue him, because He delights in him.”
    9 Yet You are He who brought me forth from the womb;
    You made me trust when upon my mother’s breasts.
    10 Upon You I was cast from birth;
    You have been my God from my mother’s womb.
    11 Be not far from me, for trouble is near;
    For there is none to help.
    12 Many bulls have surrounded me;
    Strong bulls of Bashan have encircled me.
    13 They open wide their mouth at me,
    As a ravening and a roaring lion.
    14 I am poured out like water,
    And all my bones are out of joint;
    My heart is like wax;
    It is melted within me.
    15 My strength is dried up like a potsherd,
    And my tongue cleaves to my jaws;
    And You lay me in the dust of death.
    16 For dogs have surrounded me;
    A band of evildoers has encompassed me;
    They pierced my hands and my feet.
    17 I can count all my bones.
    They look, they stare at me;
    18 They divide my garments among them,
    And for my clothing they cast lots.
    19 But You, O Lord, be not far off;
    O You my help, hasten to my assistance.
    20 Deliver my soul from the sword,
    My only life from the power of the dog.
    21 Save me from the lion’s mouth;
    From the horns of the wild oxen You answer me.
    22 I will tell of Your name to my brethren;
    In the midst of the assembly I will praise You.
    23 You who fear the Lord, praise Him;
    All you descendants of Jacob, glorify Him,
    And stand in awe of Him, all you descendants of Israel.
    24 For He has not despised nor abhorred the affliction of the afflicted;
    Nor has He hidden His face from him;
    But when he cried to Him for help, He heard.
    25 From You comes my praise in the great assembly;
    I shall pay my vows before those who fear Him.
    26 The afflicted will eat and be satisfied;
    Those who seek Him will praise the Lord.
    Let your heart live forever!
    27 All the ends of the earth will remember and turn to the Lord,
    And all the families of the nations will worship before You.
    28 For the kingdom is the Lord’s
    And He rules over the nations.
    29 All the prosperous of the earth will eat and worship,
    All those who go down to the dust will bow before Him,
    Even he who cannot keep his soul alive.
    30 Posterity will serve Him;
    It will be told of the Lord to the coming generation.
    31 They will come and will declare His righteousness
    To a people who will be born, that He has performed it.

very beautiful in the sense that it's a prophecy and very descriptive. Sounds a lot like Isaiah 53

Manny
  3. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    22 Sep '12 17:52
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I just quoted 1 Timotyy 3:16 which says, God was manifest in the flesh.
    Wake Up! Dunderhead.
    trinitarian scholars have confessed that the original greek was altered to support the trinity doctrine.

the original greek manuscript, the best translation is:

"the mystery of godliness is great, which was manifest in the flesh,"

when properly translated, it actually proves the trinity doctrine false.

NASB
    By common confession great is the mystery of godliness: He who was revealed in the flesh, Was vindicated in the Spirit, Beheld by angels, Proclaimed among the nations, Believed on in the world, Taken up in glory”

it's just an overview of christ's ministry on earth. nothing at all about christ being god or there being a trinity.

educate yourself. dunderhead.
  4. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    22 Sep '12 17:54
    oh, i forgot that your complete ignorance prevents you from being educated. that's okay though, you're an imposter anyways. these discussions will help bring understanding to other readers.
  5. Joined
    30 Dec '04
    Moves
    22 Sep '12 19:44
    Originally posted by menace71
    Psalm 22
    New American Standard Bible (NASB)
    A Cry of Anguish and a Song of Praise.
    www.biblegateway.com

For the choir director; upon Aijeleth Hashshahar. A Psalm of David.

22 My God, my God, why have You forsaken me?
    Far from my deliverance are the words of my groaning.
    2 O my God, I cry by day, but You do not answer;
    And by night, but I have n ...[text shortened]... l in the sense that it's a prophecy and very descriptive. Sounds a lot like Isaiah 53

Manny
    Praise God yes. Isaiah 53 is beautiful.

Verse 7 states that 'he was oppressed and afflicted yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he opened not his mouth.'

Kind of strange that some people say he was questioning his father when as we just read it is stated that he opened not his mouth. Not stated once in the verse but twice.

God Bless

Boonon
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    22 Sep '12 19:55

Verse 7 states that 'he was oppressed and afflicted yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he opened not his mouth.'

Kind of strange that some people say he was questioning his father when as we just read it is stated that he opened not his mouth. Not stated once in the verse but twice.

God Bless

Boonon
    If he didn't say this out loud for all to hear, how did anyone there know he said that? How could the prophecy be fullfilled if no one could hear it and to document it?
  7. Joined
    30 Dec '04
    Moves
    22 Sep '12 19:57
    To have true love for another, as Jesus commanded, you must first know of Gods love for you. If you have truly never known His love you can not love someone else.

Just because you cannot agree with someone , doesn't mean you can call them an idiot. Well I guess you can (as you did) but it shows your lack of knowledge or relationship with the living God.

It’s not what goes into your mouth that defiles you; you are defiled by the words that come out of your mouth.” (Matthew 15:11 NLT)

With love,

Boonon
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    22 Sep '12 20:02
    To have true love for another, as Jesus commanded, you must first know of Gods love for you. If you have truly never known His love you can not love someone else.

Just because you cannot agree with someone , doesn't mean you can call them an idiot. Well I guess you can (as you did) but it shows your lack of knowledge or relationship with the living God. ...[text shortened]... defiled by the words that come out of your mouth.” (Matthew 15:11 NLT)

With love,

Boonon
    Give him time and it will get much worse sad to say.
  9. Joined
    30 Dec '04
    Moves
    22 Sep '12 20:04
    Originally posted by galveston75
    If he didn't say this out loud for all to hear, how did anyone there know he said that? How could the prophecy be fullfilled if no one could hear it and to document it?
    You miss my point again friend.

As I stated he did not open his mouth to question, but to confirm.

David in psalm 22 did not go through everything written in there. (vs 17 and 18). I also believe that earlier you said something like David did not know he had offended God. Was this before or after he was an adulterer and a murder? Jesus was neither.

I believe you believe what you believe, I just think you are choosing to not look at the scripture as it is.

Boonon
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    22 Sep '12 20:30
    You miss my point again friend.

As I stated he did not open his mouth to question, but to confirm.

David in psalm 22 did not go through everything written in there. (vs 17 and 18). I also believe that earlier you said something like David did not know he had offended God. Was this before or after he was an adulterer and a murder? Jesus was neither.
    ...[text shortened]... what you believe, I just think you are choosing to not look at the scripture as it is.

Boonon
    No I don't remember saying that about David. Must have been someone else. But I took your statement that he did not say out loud what he did say. That's all.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Sep '12 20:56
    Look at were you are getting this crap from - Unitarian website.

The unitarians don't understand the Trinity anymore than the JWs do. Did you notice they said 1/3 rd of the Godhead, meaning they think the Trinity doctrine divides God into parts. This is a false concept of God. God can not be divided into parts. This written only knows a little about w ...[text shortened]... dy to take as an authority on Christian beliefs. Poo Poo.

http://carm.org/what-unitarianism
    So, from what I gather from your comments...
    1. If you don't believe in the trinity, you are an idiot?
    2. If you don't believe in the trinity, you are not a Christian?
  12. Joined
    30 Dec '04
    Moves
    22 Sep '12 21:22
    Originally posted by galveston75
    No problem. Here is a question that was written in by a person wanting this clearified for them:

Why, while hanging on the stake, did Jesus Christ cry out, “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”—U.S.A.

Jesus’ question was a quotation from a psalm of David. (Ps. 22:1) In David’s case the question related to a momentary condition of abandonme ...[text shortened]...
    In fact this was a fulfillment of what Jesus would say when he was confronted with his death.
    In here.

Despite him being unaware .
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Sep '12 22:03
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    trinitarian scholars have confessed that the original greek was altered to support the trinity doctrine.

the original greek manuscript, the best translation is:

"the mystery of godliness is great, which was manifest in the flesh,"

when properly translated, it actually proves the trinity doctrine false.

[quote]
    NASB
    By common confession great ...[text shortened]... ng at all about christ being god or there being a trinity.

educate yourself. dunderhead.
    You are believing in Satan"s teachings. I believe in the teachings of the Christ. We shall see who is triumphant when you go to your reward in Hell and I to mine in the paradise of Heaven.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Sep '12 22:21

God Bless

Boonon
    When the prophet Isaiah wrote that the suffering Servant “opened not His mouth” while being oppressed and afflicted (Isaiah 53:7), he did not mean that Jesus never uttered a word from the time He was arrested in the garden until His death on the cross. The thought behind this phrase is that the Jesus would not speak freely and unreservedly in defense of Himself. Whereas Jesus could have responded to His accusers with “an open mouth” and given a strong, lengthy defense of His innocence (similar to how Philip, Peter, and Paul testified of both Christ and their own ministry with “an open mouth&rdquo😉, Jesus chose to restrain Himself before His accusers and tormentors. Rather than calling twelve legions of angels to fight this battle for Him (cf. Matthew 26:53), Jesus humbly submitted to His enemies. Rather than performing some notable miracle before Herod so as to gain His freedom (cf. Luke 23:8), and instead of striking the high priest with blindness in an attempt to convince the Sanhedrin that He truly was the Son of God, Jesus suppressed His powers. Less than twenty-four hours earlier, Jesus had healed Malchus’ severed ear, yet Jesus did nothing to lighten His own affliction during His trial and crucifixion—not even mentioning this miracle so as to defend His deity. In light of what Christ could have done to His accusers and what oral defense He could have given before them on His own behalf, Christ’s passive submission before them is remarkable. Truly, “when He was reviled, did not revile in return; when He suffered, He did not threaten, but committed Himself to Him who judges righteously” (1 Peter 2:23).

To prophesy that the Suffering Servant “opened not His mouth,” is to use a Hebrew idiom and hyperbolic expression which means that Jesus refrained from giving an exhaustive legal defense on His own behalf. During much of His affliction and oppression He was completely silent (cf. Matthew 26:62-63; 27:12-14). At other times He spoke only a few words—none of which comes close to being the kind of defense He could have offered on His own behalf had He been trying to avoid persecution and crucifixion.

http://www.apologeticspress.org/apcontent.aspx?category=6&article=1437
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Sep '12 22:27

Just because you cannot agree with someone , doesn't mean you can call them an idiot. Well I guess you can (as you did) but it shows your lack of knowledge or relationship with the living God. ...[text shortened]... defiled by the words that come out of your mouth.” (Matthew 15:11 NLT)

With love,

Boonon
    You apparently have not read what Jesus called the Pharisees.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree