1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    25 Sep '12 08:49
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    If that is so, why did God command the Israelites to kill all those animals and people and why did God rain fire and brimstone down to kill all those people in Sodom and turn Lot's wife into a pillar of salt? What do you think God did when he caused the great flood over all the Earth? You don't think many animals and people were killed then? Do you believe as Dasa does that we should not kill any animals to eat? Are you a vegetarian?
    Oh my Rjh. Did Jesus not give new commands? You have to connect the Bible and follow it from front to back and see the progression of how God worked things out and the reasons for the fighting his early followwers did for him and why?
    If Gid today told us to fight as he did with his early followers, yes we would. A direct command from God is just that.
    But did Jesus not say new commands and set examples fpr his followers?
    DID JESUS OR HIS APOSTLES OR ANY OF HIS DIRECT FOLLOWERS EVER FIGHT AND KILL?
    What did Jesus himself say?
    Don't you call yourself a Christian?

Get the point of all this and piece it together. You go back and forth between the old and new testiment and seem to not be able to know what we are supposed to do and not do from the two.
    But again your church doesn't see it and this is your problem.

Matthew 26:52
    Good News Translation (GNT)

52 “Put your sword back in its place,” Jesus said to him. “All who take the sword will die by the sword.

Do you really not get this scripture? Does this not scare you at all and not understand the repayment you will have to make to God?
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Sep '12 10:563 edits
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Oh my Rjh. Did Jesus not give new commands? You have to connect the Bible and follow it from front to back and see the progression of how God worked things out and the reasons for the fighting his early followwers did for him and why?
    If Gid today told us to fight as he did with his early followers, yes we would. A direct command from God is just that. Does this not scare you at all and not understand the repayment you will have to make to God?
    You ask, "What did Jesus himself say?"

ANSWER:

Now behold, one came and said to Him, “Good Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?”

So He said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.”

He said to Him, “Which ones?”

Jesus said, “‘You shall not murder,’ ‘You shall not commit adultery,’ ‘You shall not steal,’ ‘You shall not bear false witness,’ ‘Honor your father and your mother,’ and, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ ”

The young man said to Him, “All these things I have kept from my youth. What do I still lack?”

Jesus said to him, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell what you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.”

(Matthew 19:16-21 NKJV, also see Mark 10:19)

And the Apostle Paul, an expert in the Jewish law, said the following:

Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law. For the commandments, “You shall not commit adultery,” “You shall not murder,” “You shall not steal,” “You shall not bear false witness,” “You shall not covet,” and if there is any other commandment, are all summed up in this saying, namely, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

(Romans 13:8-10 NKJV)

Jesus and Paul both say the commandments say "You shall not murder." They do not say anything about not to "kill."

YES, I CALL MYSELF A CHRISTIAN. Why don't you become a Christian too?

You should learn the distinction between "kill and Murder."

P.S. “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faith. These you ought to have done, without leaving the others undone. Blind guides, who strain out a gnat and swallow a camel!
    (Matthew 23:23-24 NKJV)
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    25 Sep '12 11:541 edit
    [b]You ask, "What did Jesus himself say?"

ANSWER:

Now behold, one came and said to Him, “Good Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?”

So He said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.”

He said to Him, “Which ones?”

Je ] Blind guides, who strain out a gnat and swallow a camel!
    (Matthew 23:23-24 NKJV)[/b]
    Lol. Unbelieveable how you try to justify your need to serve your country and are willing to kill another human for it.
    You "cannot serve two masters" and it is amazing how you think it can be done without any repercussions . Good luck with this one....

From wiki:

Kill may refer to:

Killing, to cause the death of a person, or the act of doing so.
    The verb form may also be a general-use metaphor, synonymous with "to terminate" or "to finish"

From wiki:

Murder is the unlawful killing, with malice aforethought, of another human, and generally this state of mind distinguishes murder from other forms of unlawful homicide (such as manslaughter).

I notice in the explination of murder with the term "with malice aforthought".
    Is not going to another country to fight a human there, not a "malice aforthought"?
    Did you go there to play golf, or have tea or talk about their family? No. You went there with forthought of killing or murdering anyone who is on that battelfield that you consider an enemy.
    This term means a killing without legal justification you will argue. So in responce I say is this killing something God has told you to do? Did he approve of this? What is God's commands about murder and killing another human?

I know know matter what I say or how many scriptures I can show will still mean nothing to you.
    I also know your church has approved of earthly warfare and the killing of another human and you now feel it is a godly thing to do, so sadly not much else here to talk about.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Sep '12 13:112 edits
    Lol. Unbelieveable how you try to justify your need to serve your country and are willing to kill another human for it.
    You "cannot serve two masters" and it is amazing how you think it can be done without any repercussions . Good luck with this one....

From wiki:

Kill may refer to:

Killing, to cause the death of a person, or the act of doing nd you now feel it is a godly thing to do, so sadly not much else here to talk about.
    War may involve killing, but one is not tried for murder in a court of law, because we go to war not out of malice toward the enemy, but to defend our loved ones from harm and to defend our way of life. But even those in war that do murder the enemy are brought before a court martial to determine guilt or innocence.

P.S. You seem to forget that Jehovah approved of war in certain cases. Even the archangel Michael and other angels are spoken of as going to war and fight against Satan and his demons.
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    25 Sep '12 17:20
    War may involve killing, but one is not tried for murder in a court of law, because we go to war not out of malice toward the enemy, but to defend our loved ones from harm and to defend our way of life. But even those in war that do murder the enemy are brought before a court martial to determine guilt or innocence.

P.S. You seem to forget that Jehovah ...[text shortened]... l Michael and other angels are spoken of as going to war and fight against Satan and his demons.
    Yes he did approve of war and his people obeyed him for those times. God had a reason to have that done. The BIG point you are missing and tying to justify with the wars since then, he has not told his followers to fight in any wars.
    His commands were very clear when he did give those orders to fight and nothing of the sort has been proclaimed by him since. Those were wars to protect his chosen people and to protect the line of Jesus to be born.
    All of that has been accomplished so that is why he no longer has humans fight.
    But then I know you won't see that or even if you do, your allegance is to your country and not to what God tells us not to do......
  6. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    25 Sep '12 17:55
    Ignatius of Antioch is seen providing early support for the Trinity around 110, exhorting obedience to "Christ, and to the Father, and to the Spirit." Justin Martyr (AD 100–ca.165) also writes, "in the name of God, the Father and Lord of the universe, and of our Saviour Jesus Christ, and of the Holy Spirit." However, the first of the early church fathers re ...[text shortened]... fessions of Christianity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinity
    thanks for proving me right. i hope you study this further.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Sep '12 23:15
    They probably believe it all has been covered by now. So there is no point in keep repeating everything, because if it were going to get through your thick skull, it would have done so by now. I guess you will just have to hope that the Watchtower is right, however unlikely that may be.
    I think it is because your cup is full and until you empty at some of it you cannot gain any real knowledge. Even Jesus himself would not be able to convince you he is not God
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    25 Sep '12 23:46
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    I think it is because your cup is full and until you empty at some of it you cannot gain any real knowledge. Even Jesus himself would not be able to convince you he is not God
    It seems he is just stuck in his belief of the trinity. He has been shown so many scriptures and historical proof that absolutly disproves it, yet their he stands with full belief that it's true. But it's his decision to feel that way.
    Saul/Paul also felt he was believeing in the right things in God's eyes but fortunently for him he did have the right heart to see his mistakes and had the willingness to change once shown. Maybe someday RJH will do the same and be willing to change if he ever allows himself to be directed by God.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Sep '12 00:25
    It seems he is just stuck in his belief of the trinity. He has been shown so many scriptures and historical proof that absolutly disproves it, yet their he stands with full belief that it's true. But it's his decision to feel that way.
    Saul/Paul also felt he was believeing in the right things in God's eyes but fortunently for him he did have the right ...[text shortened]... JH will do the same and be willing to change if he ever allows himself to be directed by God.
    Regardless he is still my brother in Christ, he is as you say stuck in tradition. But he at least knows Jesus is Lord, someday he will learn who his Father really is.🙂
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    26 Sep '12 02:46
    Regardless he is still my brother in Christ, he is as you say stuck in tradition. But he at least knows Jesus is Lord, someday he will learn who his Father really is.🙂
    I agree.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Sep '12 02:47
    I know that the "man" Jesus is not God. But the Son of God also dwelt in the "body" (as a temple) of the "man" Jesus. The Word or the Son of God, who is just as much God as the Father or the Holy Spirit, became flesh and dwelt among men. Thus, God was manifest in the flesh and, even though the temple of His body was destroyed, He raised it up after three days to ascend to Heaven's throne to sit at the right had of the Father until it is time for Him to return.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!

Maranatha !
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    26 Sep '12 02:56
    I know that the "man" Jesus is not God. But the Son of God also dwelt in the "body" (as a temple) of the "man" Jesus. The Word or the Son of God, who is just as much God as the Father or the Holy Spirit, became flesh and dwelt among men. Thus, God was manifest in the flesh and, even though the temple of His body was destroyed, He raised it up after three ...[text shortened]... me for Him to return.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!

Maranatha !
    But you still deny that Jesus was created, correct?
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Sep '12 03:36
    But you still deny that Jesus was created, correct?
    Technically, Jesus (Yahshua) was born the son of the virgin Mary (Miriam). So Jesus is human, born from a creation of God, and thus called the son of man.

However, God was His Father and not Joseph, who became the human father of Jesus only by way of marriage to Mary. So Jesus is also spoken of as the Son of God or as God manifested in the flesh or as the Word that became flesh.

The apostle Paul says that in Him dwells the fullness of the Godhead bodily. Jesus sometimes spoke from His humanity and other times from His divinity. He sometimes acted out of His humanity and other times out of His divinity. Through His humanity, He could be tempted like any other man and suffer and die like any other man. Through His divinity, He was able to turn water into wine, calm the storms, make the winds be still, walk on water, multiply a couple fish and a few loaves of bread to feed thousands of people, heal the sick, and raise the dead back to life.

So the answer to your question would be deceptive, if I answered a simple yes or no. In His humanity He is considered to have been created, but in His divinity He is uncreated, the only begotton Son of God.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Sep '12 13:44
    Technically, Jesus (Yahshua) was born the son of the virgin Mary (Miriam). So Jesus is human, born from a creation of God, and thus called the son of man.

However, God was His Father and not Joseph, who became the human father of Jesus only by way of marriage to Mary. So Jesus is also spoken of as the Son of God or as God manifested in the flesh or as ...[text shortened]... sidered to have been created, but in His divinity He is uncreated, the only begotton Son of God.
    So it seems he had a split personality of sorts? I don't think so...
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Sep '12 14:261 edit
    So it seems he had a split personality of sorts? I don't think so...
    There is no split personality within God. Instead there are three whole Persons within God and one God within the three Persons. Paul revealed that in Christ dwells the fullness of the Godhead bodily. There is the Person of the Father, the Person of the Son, and the Person of the Holy Spirit. Count them - three Persons in unity making up what we now call the Trinity for lack of a better word.

HalleluYah ! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!

P.S.

Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works. Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the sake of the works themselves."
    (John 14:9-11 NKJV)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree