1. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    25 Jan '15 20:42
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    yes because I am personally responsible. Wow, if MI5 don't get me then the IDF will, no bum feeling for me.
    go on Robbie have a feel
  2. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    25 Jan '15 20:52
    yes because I am personally responsible. Wow, if MI5 don't get me then the IDF will, no bum feeling for me.
    Personally responsible?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Jan '15 21:111 edit
    Originally posted by redbadger
    go on Robbie have a feel
    LOL, yes, still alive! cognizant and capable of rational thought.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Jan '15 21:13
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Personally responsible?
    yes you seem to have trouble divorcing me personally from the actions of the God of the Bible.
  5. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    26 Jan '15 08:57
    yes you seem to have trouble divorcing me personally from the actions of the God of the Bible.
    No I don't, you appear to have got the wrong end of the stick. I just find it bizarre that you claim 'killing honours no one' and now partake a vegan diet for moral reasons, yet your chosen religion was literally founded upon a killing and your God figure is a psychotic despot hell bent on murdering the world twice over. That just seems a bizarre dichotomy to me. Maybe Buddhism would be more your thing?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Jan '15 10:00
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    No I don't, you appear to have got the wrong end of the stick. I just find it bizarre that you claim 'killing honours no one' and now partake a vegan diet for moral reasons, yet your chosen religion was literally founded upon a killing and your God figure is a psychotic despot hell bent on murdering the world twice over. That just seems a bizarre dichotomy to me. Maybe Buddhism would be more your thing?
    As i have already explained my personal feelings are not one and the same thing as Gods execution of violent reprobates. No one has claimed that these judicial executions brought honour to anyone, least of all God himself. In fact if you read the Biblical account it states that he felt regret over it. You are arguing from a position of extreme prejudice. There is no incongruity, my personal feelings with regard to the taking of life are completely independent from the actions of the God of the Bible.

As for your ludicrous assertions with regard to God murdering the world a second time over, if you knew what the scriptures actually said instead of arguing from a position of ignorance, you would realise that he does not desire any to be destroyed, but desires all to attain to repentance - 2 Peter 2:9 - how does that square with your grotesque caricature? thats right, bum feeling needed for you in order for you to be reeled in from your orbit around the moon.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jan '15 10:33
    [God] does not desire any to be destroyed, but desires all to attain to repentance - 2 Peter 2:9 - how does that square with your grotesque caricature?
    But at the same time He already knows that only very few will be "saved", right? It's something galveston75 mentions quite often, in an apparent reference to the organisation he's a member of. So your God figure is unable to achieve what He desires, and knows so in advance, is that right?
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Jan '15 10:371 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    But at the same time He already knows that only very few will be "saved", right? It's something galveston75 mentions quite often, in an apparent reference to the organisation he's a member of. So your God figure is unable to achieve what He desires, and knows so in advance, is that right?
    Actually the Bible states in the book of Revelation that a great crowd, 'which no man can number', come out of, 'the great tribulation'. As a Christian of thirty years I am surprised that you do not know this. How it could have escaped your attention is difficult to say.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jan '15 10:40
    Actually the Bible states in the book of Revelation that a great crowd, 'which no man can number', come out of, 'the great tribulation'. As a Christian of thirty years I am surprised that you do not know this. How it could have escaped your attention is difficult to say.
    It's your Christian knowledge that is being queried here not mine. I don't have Christian beliefs, as you know. I post here as a non-believer. What about galveston75's frequent assertion that only a small number will be "saved"? Has he got that wrong?
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Jan '15 12:422 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    It's your Christian knowledge that is being queried here not mine. I don't have Christian beliefs, as you know. I post here as a non-believer. What about galveston75's frequent assertion that only a small number will be "saved"? Has he got that wrong?
    I think you should ask him what his understanding is. Few is a relative term after all. Why you think I am qualified to correct Galveston I cannot say. He is vastly more experienced than I and is perfectly capable of explaining his beliefs. If you want to know what Galvestons perspective is you should ask him surely and he will clarify it for you.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Jan '15 12:47
    gee I suppose all those children killed while they lay with their mothers in Gaza schools only recently were killed by all those loving Israeli bullets and rockets.

Got any more stupid quotations to share with us?
    So I guess it doesn't matter that the Palestinians built underground tunnels by the dozen specifically to attack Israeli citizens, or the fact that in their constitution they call for the death of Israel as a country.

All that is meaningless and it's ok for the Palestinians to kill kids on buses in Jerusalem, which I and my family lived with for 4 years, we had to drive our kids to school for fear of them being the target of Palestinian terrorists.

And mind you, please don't take this as a total anti-Palestinian rant.

I know full well the issues being dealt with by Palestinians with Israeli settlers taking over Gaza territory one hill at a time and building new towns there.

And one of the worst things Israel is doing is to give Palestinians the dregs of the water supply, not even good for growing crops much less drinking.

So don't automatically assume I am a Palestineaphobe. I see what is going on on both sides the tweed, to paraphrase Dick Gaughan.

Remember, we LIVED it for 4 years which YOU cannot say.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Jan '15 13:08
    Why you think I am qualified to correct Galveston I cannot say. He is vastly more experienced than I and is perfectly capable of explaining his beliefs.
    I'll take that to mean that you concede he is the one who is right ~ as you both can't be, really ~ and I will await his return to explain this, as you suggest. He has been more forthright in the past about his belief that it is only members of his organisation will who will be "saved" [although I seem to recall you admitting that it was your belief too, on at least one occasion, correct me if I'm wrong] and so his belief about how "few" people will be saved may well be informed by the fact that there are only about 8 or so million members of his organisation as opposed to the 2 or more billion that are Christians of other persuasions.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Jan '15 16:021 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    I'll take that to mean that you concede he is the one who is right ~ as you both can't be, really ~ and I will await his return to explain this, as you suggest. He has been more forthright in the past about his belief that it is only members of his organisation will who will be "saved" [although I seem to recall you admitting that it was your belief too, on at l ...[text shortened]... f his organisation as opposed to the 2 or more billion that are Christians of other persuasions.
    You can take it how you like. As has been pointed out to you, few is a relative term, e.g a few pints of beer, a few thousand, a few million. Saying that we cannot both be right is simply spiritually myopic and rather narrow minded, unless of course you are willing to contend that a great crowd cannot contain a few million persons. Are you? No, then your argument amounts to naught but a windy scourge bag of gaseous air.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Jan '15 16:04
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So I guess it doesn't matter that the Palestinians built underground tunnels by the dozen specifically to attack Israeli citizens, or the fact that in their constitution they call for the death of Israel as a country.

All that is meaningless and it's ok for the Palestinians to kill kids on buses in Jerusalem, which I and my family lived with for 4 years, ...[text shortened]... he tweed, to paraphrase Dick Gaughan.

Remember, we LIVED it for 4 years which YOU cannot say.
    Perhaps you can explain the disparity of about 1 Israeli civilian death to 1600 Palestinian deaths, in the IDF's last genocidal purge of women and children from Gazza.
  15. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    26 Jan '15 16:20
    As i have already explained my personal feelings are not one and the same thing as Gods execution of violent reprobates. No one has claimed that these judicial executions brought honour to anyone, least of all God himself. In fact if you read the Biblical account it states that he felt regret over it. You are arguing from a position of extreme pre ...[text shortened]... ht, bum feeling needed for you in order for you to be reeled in from your orbit around the moon.
    Were the children murdered in the Biblical Flood 'violent reprobates'?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree