John 14:2. Literal?

John 14:2. Literal?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
27 Oct 18

@fmf said
There is no lie. I could easily list several of your fellow Christians that you have been "pissing" on here - as you put it - for well over a decade.
Go ahead.

You two are the most prolific pissers I've ever seen in here.

Plus, it is your pissing that is non-specific to the person. You don't care who your target is, unless you've locked onto a "target-of-opportunity". All you normally care about is pissing on Christians. Since you claim to actually care about Christians where you live, I can only assume that you're being hypocritical in the extreme when you're here.

I, on the other hand, attempt to call out the pissers. You somehow derail this into "pissing on Christians", which is the lie. You yourself have "called me out" for NOT pissing on them enough. So, which is it, Mr. Hypocrite?

F

Moves
27 Oct 18
1 edit

@suzianne said
Go ahead.
You talked about divegeester "pissing on other Christians". Well for years you were "pissing on" RJHinds; you have spent years "pissing on" Eladar; you have spent years "pissing on" whodey; and, of course, you have spent years "pissing on" divegeester at the expense, very often, of any semblance of an attempt to contribute on-topic posts ~ settling instead for "pissing on" him - or whodey - or Eladar - Christians, one and all.

F

Moves
27 Oct 18

@suzianne said
All you normally care about is pissing on Christians.
I think this is a mischaracterization of my contribution to debates and discussions on this message board.

F

Moves
27 Oct 18
1 edit

@suzianne said
I, on the other hand, attempt to call out the pissers. You somehow derail this into "pissing on Christians", which is the lie.
In terms of contributions to discussions about spiritual things, whodey, Eladar and divegeester ~ whether one agrees with what they say or believe ~ are probably far better posters than you seeing as they produce far less highly personalized scorn-for-scorn's-sake remarks than you do, and whose rate of on-topic substantive posts is far higher than yours. They are Christians. You are "pissing on" them constantly.

F

Moves
27 Oct 18
2 edits

@suzianne said
You yourself have "called me out" for NOT pissing on them enough. So, which is it, Mr. Hypocrite?
I'd rather you posted more on-topic stuff and gave your "pissing on" people thing a rest.

Moves
27 Oct 18

Lol.

The 'Fett'

Phx

Moves
29 Oct 18

@divegeester
It's all literal? Or just John 14:2? Jonah has a whale of a tale to tell (pun intended). Alive and well after being swallowed by a whale? And by the way, how did Jonah leave this mammal of the sea? Was he shat out after traveling through the digestive tract? Or was whale vomit his means of travel?

Moves
29 Oct 18
1 edit

@xyyz said
@divegeester
It's all literal? Or just John 14:2? Jonah has a whale of a tale to tell (pun intended). Alive and well after being swallowed by a whale? And by the way, how did Jonah leave this mammal of the sea? Was he shat out after traveling through the digestive tract? Or was whale vomit his means of travel?
What did I say was “all literal”?

Are you joining in or just here to fart in the lift, so to speak?

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
29 Oct 18

@divegeester said
What did I say was “all literal”?

Are you joining in or just here to fart in the lift, so to speak?
Typical atheist. Thinks all theists believe the same thing and goes straight for the 'what about Jonah in the whale' attack.

😳

c

Moves
29 Oct 18
1 edit

@suzianne said
Go ahead.

You two are the most prolific pissers I've ever seen in here.

Plus, it is your pissing that is non-specific to the person. You don't care who your target is, unless you've locked onto a "target-of-opportunity". All you normally care about is pissing on Christians. Since you claim to actually care about Christians where you live, I can only assume that you' ...[text shortened]... You yourself have "called me out" for NOT pissing on them enough. So, which is it, Mr. Hypocrite?
Excellent post, as always.

These forums need a little less of the dive and FMF show. The atheist and Christian bonding.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
29 Oct 18

@chaney3 said
"My Father's house has many rooms".

Is there a house (mansion) in the heavens? And a room waiting for us?
No. That's using symbolic imagery to help humans understand their relationship to God.

The 'Fett'

Phx

Moves
29 Oct 18

@Ghost-of-a-Duke
Jonah is one of many tall tales. But I'm not replying to pick apart the bible. It has many phrases that make a lot of sense; 'Do unto others...and 'He who is without sin cast the first stone', are fine examples of that. I take that literally. But when God says, "Any man who works on the Sabbath shall surely be put to death:"- I literally can't understand the metaphorical meaning behind that.

Moves
29 Oct 18

@xyyz said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke
Jonah is one of many tall tales. But I'm not replying to pick apart the bible. It has many phrases that make a lot of sense; 'Do unto others...and 'He who is without sin cast the first stone', are fine examples of that. I take that literally. But when God says, "Any man who works on the Sabbath shall surely be put to death:"- I literally can't understand the metaphorical meaning behind that.
That’s because you don’t have much of a clue about biblical principles.

The analogy of being put to death for working on the sabbath is a reflection of faith vs works, whereby the spirit filled person is led by, fuelled by and inspired by the spirit. The peace that is “like a river” comes from resting in the finished work of Christ. This is the sabbath, the seventh day, the rest that we are called to enter into. To “work” when one should be resting puts the peace to death.

Anyway, there it is.

The 'Fett'

Phx

Moves
30 Oct 18

@divegeester
Principals? There is a story in Corinthians about a man, caught gathering sticks (probably to make a fire for his family), on the Sabbath. The people of Moses asked God, "What should we do with him"? And this 'loving' Deity of the bible said, "Stone him to death". (I'm paraphrasing of course). Not a quick death, away from curious eyes (children), but in front of everyone, his family included, he was slowly murdered by stone, after stone...after stone. This is a principle I don't understand or would want to, if I had to live by it.

Moves
30 Oct 18

@xyyz said
@divegeester
Principals? There is a story in Corinthians about a man, caught gathering sticks (probably to make a fire for his family), on the Sabbath. The people of Moses asked God, "What should we do with him"? And this 'loving' Deity of the bible said, "Stone him to death". (I'm paraphrasing of course). Not a quick death, away from curious eyes (children), but in front of ...[text shortened]... tone...after stone. This is a principle I don't understand or would want to, if I had to live by it.
Do you understand the difference between the use of the word “principle” in my previous post and how you are using it? Or should I add using to conflate the meaning of when I used it.