1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Oct '18 21:561 edit
    @divegeester

As you said, you don’t understand.
    I’m sure you were being honest.

No, as I said - I don't understand why YOU think you have an effective argument for annihilation. And I have been hearing you complain about eternal perdition for years.

So I don't think your basic arguments have changed.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Oct '18 22:21
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

No, as I said - I don't understand why YOU think you have an effective argument for annihilation. And I have been hearing you complain about eternal perdition for years.

I don’t remember mentioning annihilation
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Oct '18 22:22
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

My basic arguments are summed up by my first few posts on page one. You may start there if you are still not understanding
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Oct '18 01:09
    @divegeester said
    Well you must make your own mind up on what KellyJay believes is literal; multi headed beasts being ridden by whores, dragons, men with swords coming out of their mouths destroying nations, horseman of the apocalypse, bowls being poured out, giant locusts, beasts with lions heads, lakes of sulfur with people being boiled alive...it’s all literal you see.
    If you recall I said John was seeing things in the spirit, who knows what is on the
    other side. I've never seen the throne of God in heaven, but I believe its real, do you?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Oct '18 06:231 edit
    @kellyjay said
    If you recall I said John was seeing things in the spirit, who knows what is on the
    other side. I've never seen the throne of God in heaven, but I believe its real, do you?
    What I recall is you unequivocally stating “it’s all literal, not metaphors”

It will not surprise me in the slightest if you try to distance yourself from this ridiculous and frankly disappointingly dishonest claim.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Oct '18 07:37
    @kellyjay said
    I've never seen the throne of God in heaven, but I believe its real, do you?
    You believe there is a "throne" upon which a creator being literally sits?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Oct '18 09:55
    @fmf said
    You believe there is a "throne" upon which a creator being literally sits?
    Apparently yes, and with a literal sword coming literally out of his mouth which he literal destroys nations with.

But then of course it's easier to accept and promote a literal eternal lake of burning sulfur with billions of people being kept supernaturally alive in it by him on the throne.

KellyJay doesn't hold himself in anyway accountable for taking this stuff literally and the impact it has on the Gospel, because God draws people to him via his spirit, so he can propagate whatever bizarre ideas he likes.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Oct '18 10:17
    @divegeester said
    What I recall is you unequivocally stating “it’s all literal, not metaphors”

It will not surprise me in the slightest if you try to distance yourself from this ridiculous and frankly disappointingly dishonest claim.
    Wasn’t there specific text being discussed? You are making a lot more out of this than you should.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Oct '18 10:21
    @divegeester said
    Apparently yes, and with a literal sword coming literally out of his mouth which he literal destroys nations with.

But then of course it's easier to accept and promote a literal eternal lake of burning sulfur with billions of people being kept supernaturally alive in it by him on the throne.

KellyJay doesn't hold himself in anyway accountable for taking this stuff l ...[text shortened]... because God draws people to him via his spirit, so he can propagate whatever bizarre ideas he likes.
    You think I need held accountable for scripture verses?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Oct '18 13:31
    @kellyjay said
    Wasn’t there specific text being discussed? You are making a lot more out of this than you should.
    Revelation 19.
    I can see you backing away from your claim..LOL.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Oct '18 13:401 edit
    @kellyjay said
    You think I need held accountable for scripture verses?
    Yes I do. You preach repugnant morally incoherent error and (it, not you personally) brings the name of our merciful Lord into disrepute.

I also find you to be intellectual dishonest, shuffling desperately as you are to maneuver yourself away from your claim that the passage from Revelation 19 is "all literal, not metaphors".
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Oct '18 12:207 edits
    @divegeester

I also find you to be intellectual dishonest, shuffling desperately as you are to maneuver yourself away from your claim that the passage from Revelation 19 is "all literal, not metaphors".

As I read through this wonderful chapter I am not sure what you think you are proving by pointing out obvious symbolism.

Revelation chapter 19 begins with a scene of a great multitude in heaven rejoicing that finally God has judged His unrepentant evil doing enemies -

" a loud voice of a great multitude in heaven, saying, Hallelujah ... For true and righteous are His judgments ..." (vs.1a,2a)

Do you believe that the judgments depicted are unrighteous of God or false in their moral nature?

Is there something in the chapter, however it is conveyed or interpreted, which leads you to think God's judgments are not "true and righteous" ?

Does the vision of Christ coming with the armies of heaven and a sword proceeding from His mouth to slay His enemies in verses 12-15 make His judgment described as "true and righteous" a WRONG statement ?

Does the rejoicing of that the smoke of His enemies' destruction goes up forever and ever make His judgments not true and not righteous ?

"And a second time they said, Hallelujah! And her smoke goes up forever and ever." (v.3)

I am asking you really, what in the 21 verses of this chapter taken HOWEVER as you think they should be taken, renders "true and righteous are His judgments" a morally wrong proclamation ?
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Oct '18 12:451 edit
    @divegeester

Revelation 19.
    I can see you backing away from your claim..LOL.

I don't think any serious expositors claim that the Bible is always easy to understand.

Why the hearty "LOL" laughter at this ?

I don't LOL because of your difficulties.

Now in addition to my questions above ... Are you saying that verse 3 is a MISTAKE and SHOULD NOT have been included in the chapter because it renders God's judgments not righteous and true ?

"And a second time they said, Hallelujah! And her smoke goes up forever and ever." (v.3)

Are you arguing that only if that verse is ELIMINATED or the words "her smoke goes up forever and ever" are ERASED from the sentence can we say God's judgments are righteous and true ?

I won't LOL your reply. But I will consider your reply.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    25 Oct '18 13:26
    @divegeester said
    Yes I do. You preach repugnant morally incoherent error and (it, not you personally) brings the name of our merciful Lord into disrepute.

You painted me suggesting it’s all literal without couching it within a specific text, so I complained. I have not backed off anything I have said.

Because your complaints seem to shift I want you to be clear, I am at fault for believing scripture as written?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Oct '18 20:08
    @kellyjay said
    You painted me suggesting it’s all literal without couching it within a specific text, so I complained. I have not backed off anything I have said.

Because your complaints seem to shift I want you to be clear, I am at fault for believing scripture as written?
    Yes.

What is it you think I’ve been telling you for last few years 🙄

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree