1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Oct '18 22:131 edit
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

As I read through this wonderful chapter I am not sure what you think you are proving by pointing out obvious symbolism.
    And yet you don’t once, not even once, take it up with KellyJay who has claimed “it’s all literal, not metaphors”

Why is that?
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    25 Oct '18 23:101 edit
    @divegeester said
    Yes.

What is it you think I’ve been telling you for last few years 🙄
    You and ThinkofOne
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    25 Oct '18 23:461 edit
    @kellyjay said
    You and ThinkofOne
    Actually ThinkOfOne has been telling you that you are at fault for thinking that you do NOT pick and choose which parts you do and don't take literally, pick and choose passages to ignore and/or alter, impress your own preconceived biases and beliefs onto your "literal" interpretation, etc.

Even worse, you are at fault for reveling in your dishonesty / delusion.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Oct '18 01:02
    @thinkofone said
    Actually ThinkOfOne has been telling you that you are at fault for thinking that you do NOT pick and choose which parts you do and don't take literally, pick and choose passages to ignore and/or alter, impress your own preconceived biases and beliefs onto your "literal" interpretation, etc.

Even worse, you are at fault for reveling in your dishonesty / delusion.
    I take the whole Bible as the Word of God, while both of you pick and choose which parts you like and dislike so you reject them.
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    26 Oct '18 02:38
    @kellyjay said
    I take the whole Bible as the Word of God, while both of you pick and choose which parts you like and dislike so you reject them.
    Yet more dishonesty. Unfortunately it's not uncommon for those whose foundation is made of sand like KJ.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Oct '18 06:59
    @kellyjay said
    You and ThinkofOne
    Is this back-handed ad hominem the best you can come up with in response to my direct and honest answer to your question?
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 Oct '18 07:00
    @divegeester said
    And yet you don’t once, not even once, take it up with KellyJay who has claimed “it’s all literal, not metaphors”

Why is that?
    Probably because pissing on other Christians is YOUR schtick.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Oct '18 07:022 edits
    @kellyjay said
    Incorrect.

The main difference between you and I, is our level of intellectual honesty.

You pretend that everything in Revelation 19 is literal, all of it. You do this so you can also hold to a literal hell.

You have subsequently admitted that some stuff in the wider book of Revelation is metaphor but decline to say which bits, or importantly, why they are metaphor and the odd stuff in Chapter 19 isn’t.

You do this so you can hold onto you doctrine of eternal torture.

You are intellectually dishonest and trapped in your dogmas of death.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Oct '18 07:07
    @suzianne said
    Probably because pissing on other Christians is YOUR schtick.
    Well I address topics forthrightly and with honestly, if that’s what you mean.

I don’t make up stories about myself to make my online persona appear more interesting, I don’t dodge on topic questions, I don’t hang onto revolting doctrines of death which sleight the character of our Lord and I don’t spam the forum with dumps of furball text to cover up the fact that I’m not answering a direct question.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Oct '18 08:58
    @divegeester said
    Is this back-handed ad hominem the best you can come up with in response to my direct and honest answer to your question?
    No, your whole argument is that you don't trust scripture, even if within the Bible
    when you see a metaphor it is there for cause to impart some truth. You use this
    as a reason to ignore the text. It isn't back handed, I am telling you plainly this is
    all there is to you and ThinkOfOne, both of you seem to acknowledge the Word of
    God is in the Bible, but you both don't acknowledge the Bible is the Word of
    God as a whole. You get allies with those that don't believe it at all, so this is the
    crowd you belong to, the did God really say crowd. You get honest answers from
    me and others, it doesn't mean you accept them, normally they are turned into
    some reason for name calling or something else.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Oct '18 09:00
    @divegeester said
    Incorrect.

The main difference between you and I, is our level of intellectual honesty.

You pretend that everything in Revelation 19 is literal, all of it. You do this so you can also hold to a literal hell.

You have subsequently admitted that some stuff in the wider book of Revelation is metaphor but decline to say which bits, or importantly, why they are met ...[text shortened]... ctrine of eternal torture.

You are intellectually dishonest and trapped in your dogmas of death.
    Yea, yea...intellectual honesty. Pardon me while I yawn.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Oct '18 11:08
    @kellyjay said
    No, your whole argument is that you don't trust scripture,
    Actually my recent position is that I don't trust you KellyJay
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Oct '18 11:12
    @kellyjay said
    You get honest answers fromme and others, it doesn't mean you accept them, normally they are turned intosome reason for name calling or something else.
    Honest answers from you...? Ok let's have a go then...

You astonishingly claim that Revelation 19 is "all literal, not metaphors", but posthumously acknowledge that some of Revelation is symbolic while also simultaneously maintaining that you take the bible as it is written.

So stop hiding and come out and tell us which bits are symbolic, which bits are literal and how you distinguish between the two.

Lets see the "honest answers" then KellyJay...
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Oct '18 12:05
    @divegeester said
    Actually my recent position is that I don't trust you KellyJay
    I don’t care if you trust me you are welcome to your opinion. It is the scripture that matters not me, you speak against scripture that is an issue that will and does matter. We can disagree all day long in the long run who cares, rejecting the Word that is very proublematic for all who do that.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Oct '18 12:081 edit
    @divegeester said
    Honest answers from you...? Ok let's have a go then...

You astonishingly claim that Revelation 19 is "all literal, not metaphors", but posthumously acknowledge that some of Revelation is symbolic while also simultaneously maintaining that you take the bible as it is written.

So stop hiding and come out and tell us which bits are symbolic, which bits are literal and how you distinguish between the two.

Lets see the "honest answers" then KellyJay...
    Take it all as truth even the symbolism and metaphors, they are there for reasons, not to give the so called intellectually honest a reason to reject the Word!!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree