1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Jun '19 09:451 edit
    @deepthought said
    Bear in mind that his job is Professor of Psychology. He spends his time lecturing, reading student's essays and marking them, writing his book and also, I think, devotes some time to counseling. Thinking about religion is a sideline for him, also he's interesting in the content from a psychologists point of view so will put different weight on parts of the bible.

I ...[text shortened]... do find his delivery scatological at times. This is not quite the same as it not being thought out.
    The last 90-120 seconds of that clip is very interesting. Yes, he just throws everything in there and, in a way, it's also omnidirectional pretentious waffle, and yes it is a kind of a let's-wait-and-see hedging [re: whether Jesus rose from the dead] but it is genuinely interesting to hear what all the 'scientific' questions are in his mind that contribute to his agnosticism. I say this as something somewhat softer than how I characterized it yesterday. I looked for a transcript of the exchange for you, but I haven't found one.
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    11 Jun '19 12:00
    @fmf said
    Jordon Peterson describes himself as "profoundly religious" and a staunch believer that society cannot function without religion, and the Christian religion specifically, having studied the Bible and the history of Christendom in great detail ~ although he agonizes publicly over his agnosticism regarding the physical resurrection of Jesus. You believe that Peterson is "a weapon for Satan to use"?
    Satan will use any avenue that he can to distract humans from God. A person can have 99% of the real truths from the bible in what he believes. But even just 1% of untruth can ruin the 99% of truths. You know the "little leaven" issue?
    A person can do many things that they think Jehovah should approve them for, but if even one issue they refuse to correct in their worship to God that is not correct, it will keep that person from gaining his approval. Again the bible says "that many will say did we not do many things in your name, etc, etc? But yet they are told to get away from him because they are workers of lawlessness".
    The most obvious example here is Rajk. Some things he believes in or does not believe in are on spot with the bible. The trinity is one of them. He pretty much has that correct. Fantastic. But then other obvious truths in the Bible he is completely off. Plus his attitude towards almost everyone here is not Christian or "Christ like". He has no love of neighbor which is a very basic Christian quality.
    So even though he has some truths correct that he can brag about, it does him no good because he pollutes it with untruths.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Jun '19 12:04
    @galveston75 said
    Satan will use any avenue that he can to distract humans from God. A person can have 99% of the real truths from the bible in what he believes.
    How many % of the "real truths from the bible" do you reckon you have?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Jun '19 12:06
    @galveston75 said
    But then other obvious truths in the Bible he is completely off. Plus his attitude towards almost everyone here is not Christian or "Christ like".
    Is your attitude to everyone here "Christ-like"?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Jun '19 12:08
    @galveston75 said
    So even though he has some truths correct that he can brag about, it does him no good because he pollutes it with untruths.
    Is "he" Rajk999 or Jordan Peterson?

So, to return to the thread topic, do you believe that Peterson is a weapon that is being used by "Satan"?
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    11 Jun '19 16:02
    @fmf said
    How many % of the "real truths from the bible" do you reckon you have?
    How many % of the "real truths from the bible" do you reckon you don't have?

Silly question huh? Come on you can do better if you really want to be taken seriously...
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    11 Jun '19 16:07
    @fmf said
    Is "he" Rajk999 or Jordan Peterson?

So, to return to the thread topic, do you believe that Peterson is a weapon that is being used by "Satan"?
    Let me ask you this... Did he, Mr Peterson once use God's name "Jehovah" when speaking about him? If he did that's a start but I have a feeling he did not. Let me know.......
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Jun '19 18:12
    @galveston75 said
    How many % of the "real truths from the bible" do you reckon you don't have?

Silly question huh? Come on you can do better if you really want to be taken seriously...
    Way to dodge G-Man! Lol.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Jun '19 18:13
    @galveston75 said
    Let me ask you this... Did he, Mr Peterson once use God's name "Jehovah" when speaking about him? If he did that's a start but I have a feeling he did not. Let me know.......
    I use the name Jehovah when speaking about my God and I’m not a JW. You lot don’t own God’s name despite you thinking you are his favourites.
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    11 Jun '19 23:02
    @divegeester said
    I use the name Jehovah when speaking about my God and I’m not a JW. You lot don’t own God’s name despite you thinking you are his favourites.
    Oh my, my. So silly.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jun '19 02:11
    @galveston75 said
    Silly question huh?
    No, not silly. I don't think so. You said something about another Christian and talked about % of truths he doesn't have. So it follows, in a non-silly way: How many % of the "real truths from the bible" do you reckon you don't have?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jun '19 02:12
    @galveston75 said
    Let me ask you this... Did he, Mr Peterson once use God's name "Jehovah" when speaking about him?
    Thanks for your question. 'I don't know' is my answer.

Here is my question to you:

Do you believe that Peterson is a weapon that is being used by "Satan"?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Jun '19 04:03
    @galveston75 said
    Oh my, my. So silly.
    What is silly, is asking if Jordan Peterson uses the name of Jehovah, as though that would somehow legitimise his claims.
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    12 Jun '19 05:451 edit
    @fmf said
    Thanks for your question. 'I don't know' is my answer.

Here is my question to you:

The bible answers it this way:

Exodus 34:14
    "You must not bow down to another god, for Jehovah is known for requiring exclusive devotion. Yes, he is a God (((( who requires exclusive devotion ))))."

Duet 4: 24
    24 "For Jehovah your God is a consuming fire, a God who (((( requires exclusive devotion))))."

Joshua 24:19
    19 "Then Joshua said to the people: “You are not able to serve Jehovah, for he is a holy God; he is a God who (((( requires exclusive devotion)))). He will not pardon your transgressions and your sins."

Ezekiel 5:13
    13 "Then my anger will come to an end, and my wrath against them will subside, and I will be satisfied. And they will have to know that I, (((( Jehovah, have spoken in my insistence on exclusive devotion)))), when I have finished unleashing my wrath against them."

The reason I asked if he uses Jehovah's name I wanted to see his depth of his relationship with God. It seems he can't quit decide what he believes. But if he were to be honestly trying to know Jehovah and promote him as a real spirit being that the bible describes as expecting ones who do recognize who he is and offers themselves up to do all that he ask, it would seem Mr Peterson would use God's name just as one would use the name of a closest friend or associate or one that is would feel that God really exist.
    But yet it appears that he never even mentions God's name. That is a clear clue he does not completely believe in a real God. If he did he would be posting his comments a little differently and explaining all he knows about Jehovah but instead he is clearly leaning in the other direction
    So yes he is not representing Jehovah and is clearly confused as to who Jehovah God even is. He may not openly be professing to be against Jehovah in a direct way, but he is certainly not teaching from the Bible the truth of who Jehovah is.
    So if one is not 100% for Jehovah, and they only 90% or 65% or 15%? What do those scriptures above say about that?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jun '19 05:582 edits
    @galveston75 said
    The bible answers it this way:

Exodus 34:14
    "You must not bow down to another god, for Jehovah is known for requiring exclusive devotion. Yes, he is a God (((( who requires exclusive devotion ))))."

Duet 4: 24
    24 "For Jehovah your God is a consuming fire, a God who (((( requires exclusive devotion))))."

Joshua 24:19
    19 "Then Joshua said to the people: “Yo ...[text shortened]... ot 100% for Jehovah, and they only 90% or 65% or 15%? What do those scriptures above say about that?

The reason I asked if he uses Jehovah's name I wanted to see his depth of his relationship with God. It seems he can't quit decide what he believes. But if he were to be honestly trying to know Jehovah and promote him as a real spirit being that the bible describes as expecting ones who do recognize who he is and offers themselves up to do all that he ask, it would seem Mr Peterson would use God's name just as one would use the name of a closest friend or associate or one that is would feel that God really exist.
    But yet it appears that he never even mentions God's name. That is a clear clue he does not completely believe in a real God. If he did he would be posting his comments a little differently and explaining all he knows about Jehovah but instead he is clearly leaning in the other direction
    So yes he is not representing Jehovah and is clearly confused as to who Jehovah God even is. He may not openly be professing to be against Jehovah in a direct way, but he is certainly not teaching from the Bible the truth of who Jehovah is.
    So if one is not 100% for Jehovah, and they only 90% or 65% or 15%? What do those scriptures above say about that?

You've not used the word "Satan" in your answer.

I will ask you about it again: Is a being that you believe in - called "Satan" - using as Jordan Peterson a weapon?

Yes or no?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree