1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Jun '19 16:17
    @galveston75 said
    Who exalted who? Simple question so lets hear a simple answer... Old chap!!!
    Jehovah god exalted the angel Jesus who is our saviour but we aren’t allowed to worship him because although he is our saviour who’s name is above all names, he’s an angel. And a human. And “mighty God”. But that’s a bit awkward. Errr....

Anyway Jehovah is also our saviour. He’s saviour #1 because he is in charge and sent the angel Jesus to become a human and do the actual suffering. Nevertheless he is still only saviour #2.

We have 2 saviours and 2 Gods. Almighty God and mighty God. mighty God is actually just and angel but he’s also a saviour.

How’s that, old boy?
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 Jun '19 16:33
    @divegeester said
    Jehovah god exalted the angel Jesus who is our saviour but we aren’t allowed to worship him because although he is our saviour who’s name is above all names, he’s an angel. And a human. And “mighty God”. But that’s a bit awkward. Errr....

Anyway Jehovah is also our saviour. He’s saviour #1 because he is in charge and sent the angel Jesus to become a human and do the a ...[text shortened]... mighty God. mighty God is actually just and angel but he’s also a saviour.

How’s that, old boy?
    Why complicate matters. Paul said it clearly:

But I would have you know, that
    the head of every man is Christ; and
    the head of the woman is the man; and
    the head of Christ is God.
    (1 Corinthians 11:3 KJV)

God is the Father
    Jesus Christ is the Son
    God sent His Son Jesus to be the Saviour of the world.
    Those who rather complicate it always end up in pointless arguments
    They can never be the same because Jesus himself said clearly that
    the Father is greater. the Father know more.
    the Father is in control.
    the Father knows the hour of his return... not Jesus..

Granted there are passages that seem to blur the clarity of these statements but these are the plain and simple statements from the mouth of Jesus Christ which counts.

In the end nobody is going to be judged on whether or not they think one way or the other. If people believe that this is a matter that should determine whether one is a Christian or a true believer or otherwise then they are the ones that are seriously deluded.
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    13 Jun '19 16:36
    @divegeester said

Anyway Jehovah is also our saviour. He’s saviour #1 because he is in charge and sent the angel Jesus to become a human and do the a ...[text shortened]... mighty God. mighty God is actually just and angel but he’s also a saviour.

How’s that, old boy?
    Well you have the first paragraph right. Some here are going to confront you about that if this is really what you believe? He was a human but is not now. And yes he is a "mighty God" but he is not "The Almighty God" who is Jehovah. So no, nothing awkward about that at all. The bible is very clear on that.
    Yes Jehovah is the ultimate savior. If he did not exist, no one would exist. All that happens and exist in the universe is because of him.
    If for some reason Jesus did not do as he did and failed, yes it would be up to Jehovah to be the savior of mankind. But again Jesus proved faithful even to his death. Because of Jehovah's love for him and for his faithfulness to his father, Jesus was given a position above all others, not over his father Jehovah, but over all other creations.
    So if this is really what you believe then that's the truth. Just have to keep it as simple as the bible says.

So either you'll agree with what you said or you are just setting me up. Right?
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    13 Jun '19 16:42
    In the end nobody is going to be judged on whether or not they think one way or the other. If people believe that this is a matter that should determine whether one is a Christian or a true believer or otherwise then they are the ones that are seriously deluded.
    "In the end nobody is going to be judged on whether or not they think one way or the other. If people believe that this is a matter that should determine whether one is a Christian or a true believer or otherwise then they are the ones that are seriously deluded."

John 4:24
    God is a Spirit, and those worshiping him must worship with spirit and (((((( truth )))))).

Do you not understand what worshiping with TRUTH means? It means doing things and believing in God's word completely. God's way.
    It gets clearer and clearer that you don't. Again you are always looking for the easy way out.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Jun '19 16:56
    @galveston75 said
    Well you have the first paragraph right. Some here are going to confront you about that if this is really what you believe? He was a human but is not now. And yes he is a "mighty God" but he is not "The Almighty God" who is Jehovah. So no, nothing awkward about that at all. The bible is very clear on that.
    Yes Jehovah is the ultimate savior. If he did not exist, no one ...[text shortened]... the bible says.

So either you'll agree with what you said or you are just setting me up. Right?
    I think my bang-on accurate, albeit slightly tongue-in-cheek, post nicely summed up the convoluted JW teaching on the nature of God and his names.
  6. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    13 Jun '19 17:25
    @galveston75 said
    The bible answers it this way:

Exodus 34:14
    "You must not bow down to another god, for Jehovah is known for requiring exclusive devotion. Yes, he is a God (((( who requires exclusive devotion ))))."

Duet 4: 24
    24 "For Jehovah your God is a consuming fire, a God who (((( requires exclusive devotion))))."

Joshua 24:19
    19 "Then Joshua said to the people: “Yo ...[text shortened]... ot 100% for Jehovah, and they only 90% or 65% or 15%? What do those scriptures above say about that?
    I'm curious as to whether you know of any quotes from the New Testament that support your position?
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 Jun '19 17:27
    @galveston75 said
    "In the end nobody is going to be judged on whether or not they think one way or the other. If people believe that this is a matter that should determine whether one is a Christian or a true believer or otherwise then they are the ones that are seriously deluded."

John 4:24
    God is a Spirit, and those worshiping him must worship with spirit and (((((( truth )))))).
    ...[text shortened]... ay.
    It gets clearer and clearer that you don't. Again you are always looking for the easy way out.
    The only truth is from Christ. So those who follow Christ are getting eternal life in the Kingdom of God as Christ himself stated clearly.

The easy way out is to join the Watchtower and go door to door, deluding yourself that that is what Jesus wants.

The hard way is to follow the commandments.
  8. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    13 Jun '19 17:29
    @fmf said
    The last 90-120 seconds of that clip is very interesting. Yes, he just throws everything in there and, in a way, it's also omnidirectional pretentious waffle, and yes it is a kind of a let's-wait-and-see hedging [re: whether Jesus rose from the dead] but it is genuinely interesting to hear what all the 'scientific' questions are in his mind that contribute to his agnosticism. I s ...[text shortened]... racterized it yesterday. I looked for a transcript of the exchange for you, but I haven't found one.
    Thanks for the effort. I have more than one device and will get round to plugging in the speakers at some point soon. I moved all my stuff out of storage and find myself in a room surrounded by cardboard boxes, mostly full of books, and general clutter. I think Jordan Peterson's advice on not living in that kind of untidy condition is definitely good!
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    13 Jun '19 18:01

Removed by poster

10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    13 Jun '19 18:07
    @rajk999 said
    The only truth is from Christ. So those who follow Christ are getting eternal life in the Kingdom of God as Christ himself stated clearly.

The easy way out is to join the Watchtower and go door to door, deluding yourself that that is what Jesus wants.

The hard way is to follow the commandments.
    So going door to door with our own time, money, vehicles, getting attacked by ones like yourself, getting bitten by dogs, out in all kinds of weather, being thrown in jail, etc, is the easy way? What a joke.
    I'd say sitting at home in your comfy chair demeaning those who actually do what Jesus said to do is your easy way out of doing nothing at all that Jesus said to do.
    Don't break a sweat typing today ole buddy!
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Jun '19 18:21
    @galveston75 said
    So going door to door with our own time, money, vehicles, getting attacked by ones like yourself, getting bitten by dogs, out in all kinds of weather, being thrown in jail, etc, is the easy way? What a joke.
    I'd say sitting at home in your comfy chair demeaning those who actually do what Jesus said to do is your easy way out of doing nothing at all that Jesus said to do.
    You and your religious organisation are not demeaned for “doing what Jesus said”.

You are criticised for the ruthless self promotion of a cultist ideology which involves the measured and recorded time spent knocking on people’s doors and handing out booklets with man-made hand drawn images of a pseudo-heaven which is populated solely by subscribers to and members of your cult.

That’s it.
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    13 Jun '19 20:06
    @divegeester said
    You and your religious organisation are not demeaned for “doing what Jesus said”.

You are criticised for the ruthless self promotion of a cultist ideology which involves the measured and recorded time spent knocking on people’s doors and handing out booklets with man-made hand drawn images of a pseudo-heaven which is populated solely by subscribers to and members of your cult.

That’s it.
    What is your opinion of a cultist ideology that we so ruthlessly live by? If it's the same old ones you always bring up and that I show you the same scriptures that you don't understand, then don't bother. Do you have anything new?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Jun '19 20:09
    @galveston75 said
    What is your opinion of a cultist ideology that we so ruthlessly live by? If it's the same old ones you always bring up and that I show you the same scriptures that you don't understand, then don't bother. Do you have anything new?
    I said that your organisation ruthlessly promotes, not that you live by. Stop trying to be the victim all the time, it’s repellent.

I’m clarifying why you are critiqued.
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Jun '19 01:26
    @deepthought said
    I'm curious as to whether you know of any quotes from the New Testament that support your position?
    My position or what the Old Testament says? Do you mean does the New Testament back up those statements?
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Jun '19 02:42
    @galveston75 said
    Going door to door and promoting the doctrine of the Watchtower does not count. If you want to know what counts read Matt 25.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree