1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Jun '19 06:07
    @galveston75 said
    The reason I asked if he uses Jehovah's name I wanted to see his depth of his relationship with God.
    Well as I pointed out a few posts back, I use the name of Jehovah frequently when referring to my God.

What does my use of “Jehovah” tell you about my “relationship with God”?
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    12 Jun '19 14:42
    @divegeester said
    Well as I pointed out a few posts back, I use the name of Jehovah frequently when referring to my God.

What does my use of “Jehovah” tell you about my “relationship with God”?
    If you truly use his name that is great. But just using his name only means you use it but are you living up to his standards? Jesus even commented on that with his name saying not everyone calling on his name will be saved or listened to by Jesus. Jehovah would be the same one would think.
    I'm not either of them so I can't read your heart, but............ your actions here don't appear that you're too serious about what they care..
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    12 Jun '19 14:47
    @fmf said
    Do you believe that Peterson is a weapon that is being used by "Satan"?

[b]The reason I asked if he uses Jehovah's name I wanted to see his depth of his relationship with God. It seems he can't quit decide what he believes. But if he were to be honestly trying to know Jehovah and promote him as a real spirit being that the bible describes as expecting ones who d ...[text shortened]... : Is a being that you believe in - called "Satan" - using as Jordan Peterson a weapon?

Yes or no?
    I didn't see the need too as I thought my comments would be understood in saying yes he is probably being used by Satan on some level. If one is not for Jehovah then where does that leave them? There is no neutrality with Jehovah. You can't sit on the fence and partially serve him and live by his direction and then sometimes you don't.
    You know by now I ever answer just "yes or no".
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Jun '19 15:26
    @galveston75 said
    If you truly use his name that is great. But just using his name only means you use it but are you living up to his standards?
    So I’m interested therefore, in why you asked FMF of Jordan Peterson “but does he use the name of Jehovah?” Rather than does he live up to the standards set out by Jehovah and presumably Jesus.

You see it was you who first inferring that the use of the name Jehovah lends some credence, not me.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jun '19 15:30
    @galveston75 said
    he is probably being used by Satan on some level. If one is not for Jehovah then where does that leave them?
    Well, other Christians, like Catholics and Protestants, don't use the word "Jehovah" in the same way as you do, nor do they use the altered version of the Bible that your non-profit corporation commissioned in the mid-C20th which uses the word "Jehovah" differently from all other Christians. Jordan Peterson has a deep respect for the Christian religion, but I don't know if he uses the word "Jehovah" and I don't know what he thinks of your group.
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    12 Jun '19 23:06
    Psalms 92:14:
    14 God said: “Because he has affection for me, I will rescue him.
    I will protect him because he knows my name."

Here God clearly says he has a name. It is not Jesus as that is his son's name.

Joel 2:32:
    32 And everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved;
    For on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there will be those who escape, just as Jehovah has said,
    The survivors whom Jehovah calls.” NWT

Romans 10:13:
    13 For “everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved.” NWT

OK so I used the bible that is ours. The NWT.

Now lets use one or two that is not ours as you say, says.

The Webster Bible
    Joel 2:32 (WBT) And it shall come to pass, [that] whoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.

Young's Literal Translation
    Joel 2:32 (YLT) And it hath come to pass, Every one who calleth in the name of Jehovah is delivered, For in mount Zion and in Jerusalem there is an escape, As Jehovah hath said, And among the remnants whom Jehovah is calling!

World English Bible
    Joel 2:32 (WEB) It will happen that whoever will call on the name of Yahweh shall be saved; For in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there will be those who escape, As Yahweh has said, And among the remnant, those whom Yahweh calls.

Revised Standard Version
    Joel 2:32 (RSV) And it shall come to pass that all who call upon the name of the LORD shall be delivered; for in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there shall be those who escape, as the LORD has said, and among the survivors shall be those whom the LORD calls.

So notice it is not just "our" bible that recognizes that God's name is Jehovah. And some that have taken it out have replaced it with "LORD". Not cool but oh well. But a point to know is many bibles have done this but at least most have the word lord noted with all capital letters. LORD. Where one see's lord spelled with only the first letter capitalized Lord" that is speaking of Jesus. The trinity people hate that....

So the point here responding to your comments (FMF and dive dude)is the Bible is clear on the importance of using God's name, Jehovah. This Mr Peterson doesn't seem to think so as he does not use it.
    Maybe he has some good intentions but until he understands the importance of using God's name and doing it correctly, he is just another human that has his own opinions on the Bible. Big deal....
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Jun '19 23:13
    @galveston75 said
    Psalms 92:14:
    14 God said: “Because he has affection for me, I will rescue him.
    I will protect him because he knows my name."

Here God clearly says he has a name. It is not Jesus as that is his son's name.

Joel 2:32:
    32 And everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved;
    For on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there will be those who escape, just as Jehova ...[text shortened]... nd doing it correctly, he is just another human that has his own opinions on the Bible. Big deal....
    Psalm 92: 14 says

They shall still bring forth fruit in old age; they shall be fat and flourishing;
    (Psalms 92:14 KJV)

Did not bother checking the rest. You failed the reliability test.
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    12 Jun '19 23:54
    @rajk999 said
    Psalm 92: 14 says

They shall still bring forth fruit in old age; they shall be fat and flourishing;
    (Psalms 92:14 KJV)

Did not bother checking the rest. You failed the reliability test.
    What in the heck are you taking about Mr reliability?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jun '19 02:03
    @galveston75 said
    OK so I used the bible that is ours. The NWT.
    Yes. Specially commissioned. The text doctored in accordance with your non-profit corporation's USP/ideology-driven instructions. Carried out by JW members who were not Bible scholars. Yes, THAT version of the Bible.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Jun '19 11:122 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Jun '19 11:15
    @galveston75 said
    So the point here responding to your comments (FMF and dive dude)is the Bible is clear on the importance of using God's name, Jehovah.
    God’s given name is Jesus, as is communicated throughout the New Testament (well the mainstream versions anyway, maybe not in your pay-as-you-go NWT version).

Acts 4:24
    “Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is no other name [Not even Jehovah!] under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.”

Phil 2:9-10a
    Therefore God exalted Him to the highest place and gave Him the name above all names, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth ...

There is as you know several other examples. God has many names, the latest and most important to us at this time, is “Jesus”.
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    13 Jun '19 13:591 edit
    @divegeester said
    God’s given name is Jesus, as is communicated throughout the New Testament (well the mainstream versions anyway, maybe not in your pay-as-you-go NWT version).

“Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is no other name [Not even Jehovah!] under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.”

Phil 2:9-10a
    Therefore God exalted Him to t ...[text shortened]... al other examples. God has many names, the latest and most important to us at this time, is “Jesus”.
    Do you seriously not see what you just quoted? It's in black and white and you still don't see it. Wow!!!

First thing do not add words that are not there!!!!!
    Now read it again. It says that "no other name given among men under heaven" could cause salvation. Wasn't the name Jesus a name given to him by who? Wasn't it an angel that told Mary what to name him? Wasn't this now the name of a man? This name was never given to Jesus before he came to earth. It is a human mans name. So this salvation that Jesus was to make available to man was by his death. This scripture does not mention Jehovah because it was not Jehovah who came down to earth and died. It was Jesus who did this so this scripture is saying exactly what it means. By one "man". No other human could do this. Notice now is says "under heaven". It never mentions "in heaven" where Jehovah is but under heaven which is here on earth where Jesus was.

Phil 2:9-10
    "Therefore God exalted Him to the highest place and gave Him the name above all names, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth ...

This scripture is so clear it's not even funny.
    Who exalted "Him", Jesus, to the highest possible position which revelation says it's at his Fathers "Jehovah's" right hand? It was Jehovah that did this, not Jesus. The bible never says that Jesus will take Jehovah's place on any level. But because of what Jesus did here on earth, Jehovah is letting his son Jesus now sit in a position he never had before and that his name "Jesus" is now higher then any other name that came from a man as the previous scripture just explained.......
    Jesus cannot exalt himself just as a human cannot make himself president by just saying, " I'm now president".
    Again now that Jesus did what he did, his Father Jehovah declared that it is now by the "name of Jesus" that one can now gain salvation. An honor for Jesus that he earned. Jehovah turned that honor of deciding who gains this salvation over to his son.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Jun '19 14:33
    @galveston75 said
    Do you seriously not see what you just quoted? It's in black and white and you still don't see it. Wow!!!

First thing do not add words that are not there!!!!!
    Now read it again. It says that "no other name ...[text shortened]... esus that he earned. Jehovah turned that honor of deciding who gains this salvation over to his son.
    I picked these scriptures very carefully old chap, because I know that you don’t believe that Jesus is the invisible Jehovah. You believe they are separate.

Well now read it again we can see it is you who cannot see what is written old chap. In your belief structure Jesus is not Jehovah, then it is Jesus who saves not Jehovah. Simples.

You cannot have it both ways with these two scriptures. Either Jehovah saves or Jesus saves. If it is Jesus who is exalted as our saviour then who needs the “name” of Jehovah?

This is why Robbie Carrobie (and you I did too I think) once famously stated that he has TWO savours. And yet the scripture says there is ONE saviour and ONE name.

Your version of Christianity is totally mixed up. In fact it’s not Christianity at all.
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    13 Jun '19 15:02
    @divegeester said
    I picked these scriptures very carefully old chap, because I know that you don’t believe that Jesus is the invisible Jehovah. You believe they are separate.

Well now read it again we can see it is you who cannot see what is written old chap. In your belief structure Jesus is not Jehovah, then it is Jesus who saves not Jehovah. Simples.

You cannot have it both ways ...[text shortened]... NE name.

Your version of Christianity is totally mixed up. In fact it’s not Christianity at all.
    Who exalted who? Simple question so lets hear a simple answer... Old chap!!!
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Jun '19 16:141 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree