1. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    07 Nov '11 15:41
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    okay, since you're asking to be schooled;
    added highlights for clarity.

Mark 15:46: "And he bought fine linen, and took him down, and [b]wrapped him in the linen
    , and laid him in a sepulchre which was hewn out of a rock, and rolled a stone unto the door of the sepulchre." (KJV)

note, "wrapped"

Matthew 27:59: "And when Joseph had taken th ...[text shortened]... lesson on the bible. please read it next time and spare me the trouble.[/b]
    i hope you enjoyed this lesson on the bible. please read it next time and spare me the trouble.

I have no dog (or angel) in this fight, which ever the case may be. I simply do not care about any Shroud of Turin.

But I did rather enjoy the carefulness with which you examined some Scripture passages.

What does impress me about those passages is how the grave cloths were folded neatly and set aside.

It appears that Jesus Christ rose from the dead with more composure, carefulness, and tidyness then many of us jump out of bed in the morning.

I believe He awoke from death and calmly took the time to fold some of those items and place them aside.

What a man. What a calm and composed victory over death!
  2. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    08 Nov '11 01:48
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The Holy Bible does not say anything about "strips" of linen. There is no
    word there that could be translated "Strips".
    i know what your problem is; it's your lack of faith. you desperately need something to validate your beliefs that you will go to great lengths to some obscure thing that you can claim as a miracle, even to a piece of linen that some chruch claims as a relic of christ.

it's really pitiful.
  3. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    08 Nov '11 01:52
    Originally posted by jaywill
    What a zombie. What a calm and composed victory over death!
    Fixed.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Nov '11 03:22
    i know what your problem is; it's your lack of faith. you desperately need something to validate your beliefs that you will go to great lengths to some obscure thing that you can claim as a miracle, even to a piece of linen that some chruch claims as a relic of christ.

it's really pitiful.
    Yes, please have pity on me for my lack of faith. It is very apparent that
    you need no pity for you have plenty of faith that there is no God.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Nov '11 17:06
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    I understand all that Suzianne. But it doesn't still explain why you continually feel the need to make disparaging remarks about atheists. If you feel it is your job to save us atheists from the 'precipice', maybe you should change your style. Insulting me will get you nowhere.
    Maybe it's just that every atheist I've encountered, here and face to face, is unshakable in their convictions. Most are never satisfied in not believing, but they want to convince Christians that they are chasing a pipe dream. They're like the pushers who want to get everyone addicted to their drug. But this is the surest road to perdition. And they revel in it.

The Christians love to say "Hate the sin, but love the sinner." Well, what do you do with the sinner who loves the sin?

All that said, you have given me things to think about.
  6. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    09 Nov '11 05:111 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Maybe it's just that every atheist I've encountered, here and face to face, is unshakable in their convictions. Most are never satisfied in not believing, but they want to convince Christians that they are chasing a pipe dream. They're like the pushers who want to get everyone addicted to their drug. But this is the surest road to perdition. And they re th the sinner who loves the sin?

come now. it is an open forum of competing ideas. of course we want to share our ideas and convince others to follow along. it's all a part of the natural selection of memes. some ideas live on for generations, evolving as they go along, some go extinct.

some of us are just trying to nudge the obsolete memes of the bronze age into extinction. crucified saviors and angry bearded men with lightning bolts living in the clouds don't have much of a part to play in the current era and going forward.
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    09 Nov '11 05:241 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Maybe it's just that every atheist I've encountered, here and face to face, is unshakable in their convictions. Most are never satisfied in not believing, but they want to convince Christians that they are chasing a pipe dream. They're like the pushers who want to get everyone addicted to their drug. But this is the surest road to perdition. And they re th the sinner who loves the sin?

Remember I dont think christians are chasing pipe dreams.
    And for all intensive purposes ,I may as well an atheist .
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    09 Nov '11 05:26
    come now. it is an open forum of competing ideas. of course we want to share our ideas and convince others to follow along. it's all a part of the natural selection of memes. some ideas live on for generations, evolving as they go along, some go extinct.

some of us are just trying to nudge the obsolete memes of the bronze age into extinction. cruc ...[text shortened]... s living in the clouds don't have much of a part to play in the current era and going forward.
    The only thing I want people to follow is their inner convictions. They may arrive at totally different conclusions to me, but even christians can get access to real truth if they are honest with their enquiries.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Nov '11 12:55
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    The only thing I want people to follow is their inner convictions. They may arrive at totally different conclusions to me, but even christians can get access to real truth if they are honest with their enquiries.
    Real truth from the scriptures is what I have presented to you. Yet you
    would rather believe a lie than the truth from God.
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Nov '11 21:071 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Real truth from the scriptures is what I have presented to you. Yet you
    would rather believe a lie than the truth from God.
    Why is it a lie?

Edit: if you are going to say 'because the bible says so' then dont bother
  11. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    10 Nov '11 21:162 edits
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    Fixed.
    What a MAN. What a victory over death.

Fortunately most of the human race would agree that Jesus of Nazareth was a wonderful man, even if the particulars of His teaching are not universally agreed on.

Fortunately, only a small minority of warped and darkened fools would call Jesus Christ a "zombie."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree