1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    18 May '13 13:12
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Read 82.a and tell me you did not bust a gut laughing. 😀
    Perfect timing, on the way to work on the radio station on Neil cavuto he had Bill Bennett who wrote the book is college worth it. I want you to get it and read it and I will do the same and we could talk about it.

The economy sucks I could not find an accounting job for 4 years, so therefore college is a waste of time. It is about who you know in today's world. 46% of people don't graduate college. Mark the one who did Facebook is laughing because he did not graduate and I did. I even went to the Fresno City College Fire Academy and I did not find a job. I didn't know people like some of the others who went through it.
  2. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    18 May '13 13:142 edits
    Is College Worth It?: A Former United States Secretary of Education and a Liberal Arts Graduate Expose the Broken Promise of Higher Education
    by William J. Bennett, David Wilezol
    This is a top selling book and controversial too. Probably because a it has a lot of truth to it.

Also if people stopped going then they would just have to train people on the job which is how it is anyways.
  3. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    18 May '13 13:31
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Maybe you can understand this New Living Translation better.

[b]Then God said, “Let there be a space between the waters, to separate the waters of the heavens from the waters of the earth.” And that is what happened. God made this space to separate the waters of the earth from the waters of the heavens. God called the space “sky.”

And evening passed ...[text shortened]... 500.html

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Glory be to God! Holy! Holy! Holy!

The Instructor
    I'll give you half credit for that effort. You found out something about water that is there but didn't manage to find anything in the big book of fairy tales that says there is water in, on or around the moon.

Well done, continue exercising that somewhat atrophied thinking organ and you might have an original thought one day.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 May '13 14:51
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    It actually seems that you were unaware of what it is you were asking, first it was to survive the great tribulation and then it was changed to eternal life. Let me spell it out for you so that there is no confusions and no chance for you to obfuscate the matter,

I do think that you need to be a member of Jehovah witnesses to survive the great t ...[text shortened]... answer. But then again you would not be able to obfuscate and have no basis for your whinging.
    Yawn - yes yes I asked 2 different questions we've established that 6 pages back. We've also established that you do not know WHO will be saved. But as usual you are deliberately avoiding the question of criteria as related to your religious organisation. The question once again is:

Would a person be excluded from eternal life if they are not a member of the JW organisation? Yes or no...

It's a simple question robbie and it is curious that you continually avoid answering it.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 May '13 15:00
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Is College Worth It?: A Former United States Secretary of Education and a Liberal Arts Graduate Expose the Broken Promise of Higher Education
    by William J. Bennett, David Wilezol
    This is a top selling book and controversial too. Probably because a it has a lot of truth to it.

Also if people stopped going then they would just have to train people on the job which is how it is anyways.
    So you figure a job like mechanical engineering where you absolutely need to know advanced calculus to find stress points and so forth, the companies should be in charge of teaching such things, maybe teaching them that stuff for say 4 years before that person is worth a crap at actually figuring out stress points?
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 May '13 15:063 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Comets vary in mass.

The Instructor
    That's your big answer? COMETS VARY IN MASS? Have you even LOOKED at the moon? You don't even need much in the way of telescopes, if you actually looked you will see craters HUNDREDS of miles across. Just exactly how big do you think the comet or asteroid was that created THOSE craters, eh? And I note you have not even taken the time to figure out how much kinetic energy the example I gave would have, try again, you supposedly took physics, I'll remind you again: Ke=MV^2. Maybe back 50 years ago you were actually taught that little tidbit? So try it again, don't be shy, a comet massing 5 E20 Kilograms coming it at 22,222 meters per second.(80,000 kilometers per hour) How much kinetic energy will be deposited in a fairly small area on the moon? Then think about ones MUCH bigger and ones smaller. Come on, you are supposedly the instructor, surely you can solve such a simple algebra problem. I even gave you a big hint in the speed in meters per second. Come on, you can do it, I dare you.
  7. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    18 May '13 15:46
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So you figure a job like mechanical engineering where you absolutely need to know advanced calculus to find stress points and so forth, the companies should be in charge of teaching such things, maybe teaching them that stuff for say 4 years before that person is worth a crap at actually figuring out stress points?
    The company still trains them anyways after hiring them.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree