1. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Mar '14 02:35
    Originally posted by JS357
    I wonder when the idea of Jesus/Michael first surfaced? One site says, "The teaching that Jesus is Michael the Archangel is an old, tired Arian argument."

http://www.exadventist.com/Home/Articles/JesusisNotMichael/tabid/482/Default.aspx

But I find no such reference to original Arianism that assert this to be among their beliefs, in various "issue neutral ...[text shortened]... prominence as an idea.

I suspect that there are bigger fish to fry on this thread, than mine.
    then let them fry in their own juices, i vaguely remember reading something similar but like you could trace no evidence for it.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Mar '14 05:342 edits
    I think the following referenced article is a good work on the origin of the idea that Jesus in the archangel Michael.

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Olympus/5257/isjesus.htm
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    02 Mar '14 13:491 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    SOP for the JWs. Twisting the meaning of scripture to fit their man-made, non-biblical dogma. Their dogma was created first and then they twist the meaning of the Bible to fit their dogma. This is the exact opposite of what other denominations do. And when they couldn't twist the Bible any more because of other Christians calling them on it, they just w ...[text shortened]... i]must[/i] be derived from the Bible. You cannot create a Bible derived from your dogma.
    I guess you could say Mormons are the same way?

Speaking of Mormons yesterday was my wife's 30th birthday party. But today Sunday is her actual birthday. We found out that one of her male cousins wife's mother has been going to a Mormon church that is like a football field away from our house for about 2 months. My best friend from high school his family went there and still does. But I find it strange that his mother-in-law has been going there but I didn't want to ask why because I know she's gone to the denominational churches in the past. His sister takes her kids to the clinic that I do security at but I've only seen her there twice. But if I get the opportunity I will ask her. All that family is pretty close they hang out every weekend almost. Even one of the brothers tried out for the first season of The Voice but didn't make it. I will say he sings the best version of the hallelujah song I have ever heard. It gives my wife chill's.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Mar '14 16:57
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    I guess you could say Mormons are the same way?
    No, I couldn't say that.

Mormons made their own testimony.

They didn't try to twist existing scripture to fit their own made-up doctrines.
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    02 Mar '14 23:28
    JW Where at my parents house the other day because I saw two of their books in the computer room. They were both January 2014 issues. One was title JW.org So I looked through it and wanted to read it because some Asian lady gave a testimony. It wasn't really that good because she didn't really explain Jesus or God that good of her testimony of becoming a Jeho ...[text shortened]... e studying about Jehovah witnesses They finally teach you that Jesus is Michael the arc angel!!!
    Also a second thing comes to mind of this article that I read is they exult themselves here and yet they don't like too exult others like at birthday parties. But if its themselves it's ok?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Mar '14 07:041 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    yes its entirely logical but one must remember its difficult to reason with people who are uninterested in reason or logic.
    Logic has nothing in common with your religious organisation or is off-beat doctrines and behaviours.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Mar '14 08:241 edit
    Also a second thing comes to mind of this article that I read is they exult themselves here and yet they don't like too exult others like at birthday parties. But if its themselves it's ok?
    wow perhaps all that whodey has said about the education system in America is true, the term is exalt, exalt themselves and the term 'too' in this instance should have a single 'o'
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Mar '14 08:27
    wow the term is exalt, exalt themselves.
    Which of course means he's completely wrong. True to form for you to use ad hominem to defend your religion.
  9. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    03 Mar '14 13:28
    wow perhaps all that whodey has said about the education system in America is true, the term is exalt, exalt themselves and the term 'too' in this instance should have a single 'o'
    I was speaking into the iPhone. Siri doesn't get all the words right all the time. So you can blame it on the run. But I guess you had a little pride there eh?
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Mar '14 19:06
    I was speaking into the iPhone. Siri doesn't get all the words right all the time. So you can blame it on the run. But I guess you had a little pride there eh?
    and therein lies the irony of smartphones
  11. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    05 Mar '14 03:38
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    SOP for the JWs. Twisting the meaning of scripture to fit their man-made, non-biblical dogma. Their dogma was created first and then they twist the meaning of the Bible to fit their dogma. This is the exact opposite of what other denominations do. And when they couldn't twist the Bible any more because of other Christians calling them on it, they just w ...[text shortened]... i]must[/i] be derived from the Bible. You cannot create a Bible derived from your dogma.
    Can your Carma run over your dogma ? 🙂 😉

Manny
  12. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    05 Mar '14 03:42
    and therein lies the irony of smartphones
    That means they're really stupid phones 🙂

Manny
  13. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    05 Mar '14 03:46
    I have had a few JWs come by and knock on Saturday morning ......I want to have a chat with them but I'm usually in my boxers LOL 🙂 Really though it's tough because I just want to go for the jugular and say look ....Nice ladies and gents I just don't believe the way you do so it's kinda of pointless for you to knock unless you want to argue. If my wife or kids would not freak out I actually would invite them in for some coffee and say let's bust out our bibles and really look at this stuff.

Manny
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Mar '14 01:43
    Originally posted by menace71
    I have had a few JWs come by and knock on Saturday morning ......I want to have a chat with them but I'm usually in my boxers LOL 🙂 Really though it's tough because I just want to go for the jugular and say look ....Nice ladies and gents I just don't believe the way you do so it's kinda of pointless for you to knock unless you want to argue. If my wife or ...[text shortened]... hem in for some coffee and say let's bust out our bibles and really look at this stuff.

Manny
    When i was sixteen witnesses came to my house, i was playing my Fender guitar at the time, i was into metal, iron maiden,saxon, motorhead, i asked the dude about the number of the beast and listened to his explanation. A little impressed i asked him to come back. When he did my mom chased him away. I enquired who was at the door and when she told me i flipped out and ran after him, but he was gone. It was not until six years later that I met the witnesses again in the form of a school friend who had decided that it was right thing for him and changed from a weed smokin hippy to becoming a witness. Best decision he or I ever made.
  15. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    08 Mar '14 03:36
    When i was sixteen witnesses came to my house, i was playing my Fender guitar at the time, i was into metal, iron maiden,saxon, motorhead, i asked the dude about the number of the beast and listened to his explanation. A little impressed i asked him to come back. When he did my mom chased him away. I enquired who was at the door and when she told ...[text shortened]... im and changed from a weed smokin hippy to becoming a witness. Best decision he or I ever made.
    Cool you can still play right ? The Fender that is ?

Manny

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree