1. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    12 Mar '14 02:11
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Be aware of the "other than doctrine" elements. A couple of Facebook pages dedicated to supporting ex or disfellowshipped JWs.

https://www.facebook.com/DisfellowshippedJWSupport?sk=wall&filter=2

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ex-Jehovahs-Witnesses-Support/118780261481037

Do a google search on ex JWs. Do one on JWs abuse and it's even worse.
    ...[text shortened]... e robbie carrobie, beauroberts and Galveston chose to ignore it doesn't mean it isn't happening.
    I understand what your saying but it's in any group were these things have taken place ...

Manny
  2. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    12 Mar '14 02:23
    I'm confident in the truth .......does not mean I or you can't be friends with JWs or be friendly at least

Manny
  3. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    12 Mar '14 02:45
    I think this is sad if a person chooses to leave the JW's for the reasons mentioned then they're treated like crap for it by there family but the Catholics treat ex-Catholics badly also Guilt is a bad thing

Manny
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Mar '14 06:43
    Originally posted by menace71
    I think this is sad if a person chooses to leave the JW's for the reasons mentioned then they're treated like crap for it by there family but the Catholics treat ex-Catholics badly also Guilt is a bad thing

Manny
    The web is saturated with ex JW help-sites and support groups.
    It's hardly the same with ex Catholics although I agree that most religions put some level of pressure on people who decide to leave.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Mar '14 06:44
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    drop kick this thread into touch Gman, you will learn nothing from it other than what you know already. I suspect that you have much better things to do with your time than remonstrate with internet trolls, life is far too precious for that.
    How do you feel about Galveston accusing me of sharing private information in the forum when I have just shown that he was actually lying?
  6. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    12 Mar '14 07:09
    Originally posted by menace71

Manny
    My family didn't treat my brother or I bad. It probably because they are not going to church themselves. Blood is thinker then water 😉
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    12 Mar '14 16:361 edit
    I will speak from my own life as a Witnesses and what I have personally seen, not just heard or read on some internet forum which there are many by many people from many different religions.
    I think this is an important fact that should be considered by ones here who have probaly not been around the Witnesses other then at their front door or a meeting or two and much less around many who have been disfellowshipped. Not saying ones here haven't been but I doubt many have.
    I'm 57 and have been with many congregations "because of work moving us around" and have seen a many over the years that have been disfellowshipped and a few were personal friends of mine. A couple were close friends that I grew up with and even of my own family members.
    I have seen a wide selection of reactions from them from hate and completely turning their backs on anything to do with the JW's, to the complete opposite and understanding what they did was wrong by what the Bible says, understanding what the Bible says has to be done and that is to be denied any association with their brothers in order to protect the congregation from their unspiritually clean actions that God condemns.
    They are still welcome to attend the meetings which we hope will help them to regain their spiritual strength and in time be welcomed back into the association of the congregation. Nothing more could make the congregation or family members happier then for this to happen.
    But then some don't ever come back and that is their decision. It is heart breaking to say the least as we have either lost a brother or sister.

In all my years as a Witness I've never known of one I knew that was disfellowshiped to be that mad or feel that scorned to do anything like going to the internet and telling their terrible stories of how mistreated they say they were. The vast majoity I've known have all come back and were happy they did.
    I've never had any witness that was disfellowshipped or even any ex witnesses that I have had to have a conversation with because of work or school or whatever ever once say they were treated unfair or cruel or mean by any elder in a commity meeting that they were in that decided they needed to be disfellowshipped.
    The absolute last thing any elder wants to do is disfellowship anyone. Many times there is more then one meeting with a person before that finale decision is made to disfellowship them.

So from own personal experiances from ones I've known, not heard about from internet ramblings of ones who probably never really loved Jehovah, his laws and rules and were not really a part of the congregations to do his will and to be "no part of the world", I have never known anyone personaly that has decided to publish their hate for Jehovah as some have done publicly.
    It's sad that these few do not see the wisdom of the Bibles council on how and why the congregations have to remove ones from the congregations, probably only temporary if needed because of their bad decisions.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Mar '14 00:50
    Originally posted by galveston75
    ...In all my years as a Witness I've never known of one I knew that was disfellowshiped to be that mad or feel that scorned to do anything like going to the internet and telling their terrible stories of how mistreated they say they were...
    Try googling this:

- jehovah's witnesses support groups -

Have a read through a handful of the accounts and report back.
  9. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    13 Mar '14 02:21
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Blood is thinker then water 😉
    Ya think?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Mar '14 19:11
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Ya think?
    Lol.
  11. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    14 Mar '14 22:265 edits
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Ya think?
    come to think of it I should sue Verizon for there faulty siri's program it's a piece of blank! Read post 16 of this thread: http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=158225&page=2
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Mar '14 14:15
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    come to think of it I should sue Verizon for there faulty siri's program it's a piece of blank! Read post 16 of this thread: http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=158225&page=2
    Don't you have a keyboard?
  13. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    17 Mar '14 14:22
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Don't you have a keyboard?
    Yes on my iPhone, but speaking is faster and better through the iPhone.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree