1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Joined
    20 May '10
    Moves
    8042
    16 Oct '10 02:07
    15 Oct '10 22:15
    Ok, I think i should explain myself, since there is a discussion about me going on, in another thread between Robbie and Fabian.

    Before coming into this forum way back,I read many postings and could see that the believers where battling the non believers, and because i have had the good fortune to have studied Vedanta in my life, I thought it would be agood idea to come to the forum and sought it all out.

    I could see that the atheists where putting forward false beliefs, and also the religious people where putting forward their false beliefs as well.

    Since I dont subscibe to atheism or false religious teachings, I considered what i had to offer valuable.

    Only problem was that people are not willing to give up their false beliefs, and after much discussion, I was left with just telling them they where foolish.

    Telling a foolish person that they are foolish is not an insult, and telling a dishonest person that they are dishonest, isnt an insult either.

    An insult would be if i said you where a bastard, because how would i know if you didnt have a father. (i wouldnt know) so it would be insulting to describe you, as something that you are not.

    My apology was for the misunderstanding that you might have, in thinking that i am deliberatly insulting you, but I am not....what I am doing, is describing your behaviour, for instance..

    If your talk is silly talk, I might say in frustration you are a nitwit, (describing your behaviour) because you are behaving like a nitwit.

    If you talk nonsense ( no sence) then I will say, hey you are talking no sense, or (nonsense).....that is not insulting, its truth, and i cant keep discussing if someone talks no sense, it too difficult, and unproductive.

    Now you may not know this, but I do see the suffering in the world, and I know for sure, that its because of all the false teachings in religion and science, and because i feel compassion towards every living thing, I feel I must at least try and show people, where the teachings are wrong.

    And whats been happening is, that people want to hold on to their false beliefs so tightly, that they get offended when I attempt to show them where the falsity is. (they get upset) and then attack me.

    Actually this is to be expected, because to change ones beliefs is very difficult, especially if their life style is under scrutiny.

    Also there is someone in this forum, saying I hate christians, and this is nonsense, I have never said that, its a lie, and I hate nobody, but I do hate false teachings of any kind, from religion or science.

    Vedanta has been with mankind long before Islam, Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism and every other "ism" on the planet, and it is authentic and covers everthing about the spiritual life, that is nescessary to raise your consciousness and develope real loving sentiments with God, and Gods creation.

    Many people have been burnt by false religion, and now they assume there is no such thing as bonafide religion, and they become bitter.
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    10115
    16 Oct '10 02:16
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    15 Oct '10 22:15
    Ok, I think i should explain myself, since there is a discussion about me going on, in another thread between Robbie and Fabian.

    Before coming into this forum way back,I read many postings and could see that the believers where battling the non believers, and because i have had the good fortune to have studied Vedanta in my life, I t ...[text shortened]... ion, and now they assume there is no such thing as bonafide religion, and they become bitter.
    Where does your insistence in calling me a "meat eater" and "dumb ass" even after telling you I was a vegetarian fit in with this?
  3. Standard memberua41
    Sharp Edge
    Dulling my blade
    Joined
    11 Dec '09
    Moves
    14434
    16 Oct '10 02:19
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    And whats been happening is, that people want to hold on to their false beliefs so tightly.
    I think this about sums it up.

    You insist (very oppressively) that your perspectives are right and all others are garbage. You'll find that the same validity you find for your beliefs is found by a lot of others.
  4. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Joined
    20 May '10
    Moves
    8042
    16 Oct '10 02:31
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Where does your insistence in calling me a "meat eater" and "dumb ass" even after telling you I was a vegetarian fit in with this?
    Yes, my mistake sorry, i did mistake you for someone else who I was discussing the issue of meat eating.

    The thing about meat eating is, that every sincere person engaged in the spiritual life, knows without doubt, that meat eating is never allowed, and when i had to argue this point with many persons, I could not see how and why they were defending the animal slaughter.

    It was like that they know full well,... but just like to play mind games, and i have no patience with that behaviour.
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    10115
    16 Oct '10 02:42
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    Yes, my mistake sorry, i did mistake you for someone else who I was discussing the issue of meat eating.

    The thing about meat eating is, that every sincere person engaged in the spiritual life, knows without doubt, that meat eating is never allowed, and when i had to argue this point with many persons, I could not see how and why they were defending th ...[text shortened]... know full well,... but just like to play mind games, and i have no patience with that behaviour.
    If you go back and reread some of those threads, I think you'll find that you were pretty regularly making false assumptions about a number of things. Even when people were trying to explain to you that you were doing this, you made further false assumptions. Seemed to me that you were posting without really taking the time to consider what was being said to you. It really got out of hand.
  6. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Joined
    20 May '10
    Moves
    8042
    16 Oct '10 02:45
    Originally posted by ua41
    I think this about sums it up.

    You insist (very oppressively) that your perspectives are right and all others are garbage. You'll find that the same validity you find for your beliefs is found by a lot of others.
    Yes you are correct,... but when i make a clear and important comment, I get all the game players, desciding to play mind games with vishva, and that behaviour is unproductive.

    If someone wants to discuss a point that I make, it doesnt help the slightest, if they respond back, and just say its all drivel,....if they dont understand something, then thats not the proper way to clarify the point.

    Then I just respond by saying they are a fool, which describes their behaviour.

    The proper way to clarify the point being made, is further discussion on the matter, and not to say in the "first instance" that its drivel.
  7. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Joined
    20 May '10
    Moves
    8042
    16 Oct '10 02:47
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    If you go back and reread some of those threads, I think you'll find that you were pretty regularly making false assumptions about a number of things. Even when people were trying to explain to you that you were doing this, you made further false assumptions. Seemed to me that you were posting without really taking the time to consider what was being said to you. It really got out of hand.
    Ok point taken, thankyou for your take on that, and in the future I will be more aware of that.
  8. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Joined
    14 Jun '02
    Moves
    17381
    16 Oct '10 03:14
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    15 Oct '10 22:15
    Ok, I think i should explain myself, since there is a discussion about me going on, in another thread between Robbie and Fabian.

    Before coming into this forum way back,I read many postings and could see that the believers where battling the non believers, and because i have had the good fortune to have studied Vedanta in my life, I t ...[text shortened]... ion, and now they assume there is no such thing as bonafide religion, and they become bitter.
    Right, so when we say you are an idiot, we are not insulting you. We are just describing you accurately. Please don't be offended.
  9. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    Cortez will conquer!
    tinyurl.com/y9ah3cpf
    Joined
    23 Aug '04
    Moves
    24791
    16 Oct '10 04:09
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    15 Oct '10 22:15
    Telling a foolish person that they are foolish is not an insult
    You're foolish.
  10. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Joined
    21 Aug '06
    Moves
    11458
    16 Oct '10 10:54
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    Yes, my mistake sorry, i did mistake you for someone else who I was discussing the issue of meat eating.

    The thing about meat eating is, that every sincere person engaged in the spiritual life, knows without doubt, that meat eating is never allowed, and when i had to argue this point with many persons, I could not see how and why they were defending th ...[text shortened]... know full well,... but just like to play mind games, and i have no patience with that behaviour.
    that would be me then whom you desired to call dumbass
  11. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    16 Oct '10 11:34
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    ..... I was left with just telling them they where foolish.
    And what did you think to achieve by that? Did you expect anyone to believe you? Or was it merely to satisfy your ego and frustrations?

    At some point you need to realize that people in general to not take kindly to insults (and that is what that is, despite your protestations) and are less likely to listen to what you have to say afterwards.
    You also need to realize that simply announcing 'the Truth' isn't going to convince anybody that it is in fact the truth. You need to give reasons as to why we should believe your claims. When we ask for clarification or for you to substantiate your claims in any way you always get upset and resort to insults. As a result, nobody believe what you say. For someone who knows the truth, you are remarkably poor at explaining it to others.
  12. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Joined
    20 May '10
    Moves
    8042
    16 Oct '10 17:13
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    And what did you think to achieve by that? Did you expect anyone to believe you? Or was it merely to satisfy your ego and frustrations?

    At some point you need to realize that people in general to not take kindly to insults (and that is what that is, despite your protestations) and are less likely to listen to what you have to say afterwards.
    You also ...[text shortened]... you say. For someone who knows the truth, you are remarkably poor at explaining it to others.
    If someone continues to talk no sense or (nonsense to me) I will call them on that, and if some one continues to talk foolishly I will call them on that as well.

    Why do you think that a person living the spiritual life. should accept all manner of crazy talk from dishonest people. do you think that if they speak up and exspose the fooolishness, that they have somehow lost all there credibility.

    No, it doesnt work like that, I will not allow people to talk all kinds of no sense (nonsense), without exsposing it.

    This forum is the spirituality forum, and we have been over run with atheists, putting forward all their unfounded no sense (nonsense) comments, and I for one will never stop exposing their nonsense.

    The exsplanation was given to explain why I do this, because everyone in this world is suffering, and nonsense talk only increases the suffering, it offers no solution.

    You are one, who I have disagreed with many times, and i will continue to exspose your foolish arguements and beliefs, for the benifit of supporting what is really true.

    You ask why i dont I substantiate my claims, but when I begin to do that, is the time that the other person starts to talk their no sense (nonsense) and its impossible to talk to a person who cannot keep the discussion on a honest level.
  13. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    16 Oct '10 19:53
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    If someone continues to talk no sense or (nonsense to me) I will call them on that, and if some one continues to talk foolishly I will call them on that as well.
    It is still not at all clear to me what you think you will achieve. Sure you can keep 'calling me on it', or 'exposing my foolishness' but what do you achieve by that? I won't change. So are you trying to affect what others think of me? Do you think its working?
  14. Devonshire
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86852
    16 Oct '10 21:28
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    15 Oct '10 22:15
    Ok, I think i should explain myself, since there is a discussion about me going on, in another thread between Robbie and Fabian.

    Before coming into this forum way back,I read many postings and could see that the believers where battling the non believers, and because i have had the good fortune to have studied Vedanta in my life, I t ...[text shortened]... ion, and now they assume there is no such thing as bonafide religion, and they become bitter.
    There are a lot of differing views in this room, most are firmly held and most are clearly or at least passionately expressed, one way or the another.

    However it is my belief that you are a fraud and therefore a troll; reading through your latest marvelous insights in this thread, I feel confident you will not be offended by my own truth.
  15. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    965
    16 Oct '10 21:561 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    There are a lot of differing views in this room, most are firmly held and most are clearly or at least passionately expressed, one way or the another.

    However it is my belief that you are a fraud and therefore a troll; reading through your latest marvelous insights in this thread, I feel confident you will not be offended by my own truth.
    obnoxious truth? how can you call such a truth?

    Vishva,

    You mean only well, and to -enLIGHTEN- others to clearer happiness from all the hassle Life has seemed to appear as factual, however, always if dull, inharmonious, and dreary, ever man's OWN inventions..
Back to Top