Let's do nothing then.

Let's do nothing then.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

c

Moves
09 Jul 19

@fmf said
How does your characterization of his theoligical belief - "let's just do nothing then" - square with Rajk999's constant urging that people must follow Jesus' commandments?
It doesn't.

He preaches works, then says life on earth matters little, and our focus should be on the afterlife.

I'm not surprised though, because Christianity seems to be a mess of contradictions.

E

Moves
09 Jul 19

@chaney3 said
What are you talking about?

You'd be hard pressed to find Christians agreeing on anything, past and present.

Everyone seems to have their own interpretation of the bible, based on how it fits their own life.
Those who know God understand, those who do not are not of God.

Most Christians do not know God, so I can understand your confusion. All you have is a perspective of the ungodly.

c

Moves
09 Jul 19

@eladar said
Those who know God understand, those who do not are not of God.

Most Christians do not know God, so I can understand your confusion. All you have is a perspective of the ungodly.
Ummmm....are you saying that you are in the "godly" camp?

F

Moves
09 Jul 19

@chaney3 said
It doesn't.

He preaches works, then says life on earth matters little, and our focus should be on the afterlife.

I'm not surprised though, because Christianity seems to be a mess of contradictions.
Then why did you claim that, based on Rajk999's posts, you say he promotes the idea of "let's just do nothing then"?

F

Moves
09 Jul 19

@chaney3 said
Let's not:

Visit the elderly
Feed the poor
Take care of sick people
Where does Rajk999 suggest this to people?

c

Moves
09 Jul 19

@fmf said
Where does Rajk999 suggest this to people?
Jesus suggests it in Matthew, and God knows Rajk preaches the teachings of Jesus.

Except for exercise, and taking care of one's body. Not important because this life is temporary.

c

Moves
09 Jul 19

@fmf said
Then why did you claim that, based on Rajk999's posts, you say he promotes the idea of "let's just do nothing then"?
It doesn't "square".

F

Moves
09 Jul 19

@chaney3 said
Jesus suggests it in Matthew, and God knows Rajk preaches the teachings of Jesus.

Except for exercise, and taking care of one's body. Not important because this life is temporary.
But Rajk999 does not, as you suggest, 'preach' "Let's do nothing then". Why are you claiming that he does? Rajk999 does not, as you suggest, say people should not visit the elderly, feed the poor or take care of sick people; indeed, quite the opposite. Why are you claiming that he does?

c

Moves
09 Jul 19

@fmf said
But Rajk999 does not, as you suggest, 'preach' "Let's do nothing then". Why are you claiming that he does? Rajk999 does not, as you suggest, say people should not visit the elderly, feed the poor or take care of sick people; indeed, quite the opposite. Why are you claiming that he does?
The primary focus of this thread is in regards to exercise. In a different thread both Rajk and Eladar minimized greatly the importance of exercise and healthy living because the "focus" should be on the afterlife.

My OP point was that if one doesn't properly take care of their own health, then they likely cannot help others.

If I did not express these points properly in the OP, then maybe it will be cleared up now.

F

Moves
09 Jul 19

@chaney3

It seems to me you want to make some point about Rajk999's beliefs but are trying to do so by saying untrue things about what Rajk999's beliefs.

c

Moves
09 Jul 19

@fmf said
@chaney3

It seems to me you want to make some point about Rajk999's beliefs but are trying to do so by saying untrue things about what Rajk999's beliefs.
Wrong.

F

Moves
09 Jul 19

@chaney3 said
If I did not express these points properly in the OP, then maybe it will be cleared up now.
I suggest you rewrite your OP and post it here. So far, you appear to be engaged in a profoundly dishonest endeavour. Try rewriting it. Reset. Start again.

F

Moves
09 Jul 19

@chaney3 said
Wrong.
Rajk999 does not say"Let's do nothing then". Rajk999 does not say do not visit the elderly, do not feed the poor or do not take care of sick people.

Why are you claiming that he does?

c

Moves
09 Jul 19

@fmf said
I suggest you rewrite your OP and post it here. So far, you appear to be engaged in a profoundly dishonest endeavour. Try rewriting it. Reset. Start again.
Ummm....get lost.

It's been cleared up.

F

Moves
09 Jul 19

@chaney3 said
Ummm....get lost.

It's been cleared up.
Almost every single word you typed in your OP was part of a blatant falsehood.