Let's say there is no Christ...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
17 Dec 12
1 edit

If so, then in whom or what would you (and your family) place your confidence and trust?

Moves
17 Dec 12

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
[b]Let's say there is no Christ...

If so, then in whom or what would you (and your family) place your confidence and trust?[/b]
depends on the situation. i trust different people with different things and to varying degrees.

j

Dublin Ireland

Moves
17 Dec 12

If so, then in whom or what would you (and your family) place your confidence and trust?[/b]
Your comment appears to me anyway,
that you don't seem to think that there
is an alternative to your christ.

Are you really that narrow minded?

Have you nothing else more positive to offer
than religious mumbo jumbo?

Moves
17 Dec 12

Let's not

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
17 Dec 12

Originally posted by boonon

Let's not
Scary prospect. Totally understandable that anyone walking about without any firm

confidence in their eternal address sure as heck doesn't want to be reminded of it.
-

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
17 Dec 12

Scary prospect. Totally understandable that anyone walking about without any firm

confidence in their eternal address sure as heck doesn't want to be reminded of it.
-
Impermanence. my feer. We 'll all die.
So what?
😵

It's been some time; I hope you and yours are good😵

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
17 Dec 12

Originally posted by black beetle
Impermanence. my feer. We 'll all die.
So what?
😵

It's been some time; I hope you and yours are good😵
Hey, you old man, how are things going for you and your family with all the troubles in the news? By the way, your email address stopped working a few months ago. For awhile, I figured maybe you died and went to the Sicilian Variations Chess Club up there in the third skies. Then I thought, Nah, guy's much too higly rated to be allowed in there. Hmm, I thought again... maybe as an instructor or mentor for patzers like me. Let's have a nice game of chess early in the new year. (gb)
-

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
17 Dec 12

You are assuming everyone is as needy as you.

Moves
17 Dec 12

I would tend to trust people whose behavior does not depend on whether there is a Christ, because I think those people would have a stronger reason to do what is right.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
17 Dec 12

In the Jewish God.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
17 Dec 12
2 edits

So far the post by RBHill is the only one that replies to the OP specifically, rather than going around

the big barn to posit nothing of value. Beetle's "impermanence" strikes me as the most honest of all.
-

Moves
17 Dec 12

So far the post by RBHill is the only one that replies to the OP specifically, rather than going around

the big barn to posit nothing of value. Beetle's "impermanence" strikes me as the most honest of all.
-
I told you who I would tend to trust. You didn't like my answer.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
17 Dec 12

nor mine ...

F

Moves
17 Dec 12
1 edit

Originally posted by JS357
In Grampy Bobby's "in whom or what would you (and your family) place your confidence and trust?" question, the "confidence and trust" he mentions apparently relates to telling himself he will have eternal life. So we can translate the OP as "If there were no Christ, what other figure promising eternal life would you believe instead?" It's a very specific question, it seems.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
18 Dec 12

Originally posted by JS357

JS (you, too, Wolfgang59), drive a specific automobile in which you place your confidence; you dine upon your wife's cooking whose cooking you trust; you work for an organization or group in whose market reason for being, mission statement or cause you believe in. Nothing tentative. No weasel words like 'tend' to trust or other vague verbal gestures. OP raises the explicit question, "... if there is no Christ in whom or what would you (and your family) place your confidence and trust? (gb)
-