1. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    25 Dec '12 00:56
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    And, what if you guys are wrong?
    That is the pascals wager argument boiled down to a nutshell... it doesn't work.

Agerg's got a thread going on it that I wont spoil, but pascals wager is a really bad
    argument to make.

It loses every time.
  2. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    25 Dec '12 01:00
    Human emotions have no capacity for rational thought.
    It is in a way funny to see your posts here are also puked on like they are in the general forum. More so because you apparently have no idea about basic psychology and how emotions and thoughts relate to each other. The result of all this: humbug!
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    25 Dec '12 01:23
    Originally posted by googlefudge

That is the pascals wager argument boiled down to a nutshell... it doesn't work.

Agerg's got a thread going on it that I wont spoil, but pascals wager is a really bad
    argument to make.

It loses every time.
    And, pray tell, which does?
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    25 Dec '12 01:291 edit
    Originally posted by Kegge

It is in a way funny to see your posts here are also puked on like they are in the general forum. More so because you apparently have no idea about basic psychology and how emotions and thoughts relate to each other. The result of all this: humbug!
    Hey Keg, didn't know you hung out here too. It's taken awhile but, thanks to you, I've finally learned quite a valuable lesson.

Close the front door quickly. Weld the back door shut for good. Whatever you've got to say, on any topic is good enoughReveal Hidden Content
    for gb.

-
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Dec '12 00:21
    Do you suppose we could please get back on topic?

[b]Let's say there is no Christ...

"If so, then in whom or what would you (and your family) place your confidence and trust?"
    -[/b]
    I saw the hypocrisy in religion when I was 8. It was clear the whole thing was a man made house of cards. So I never had any of that trust, faith, hope, confidence and such in ANY religion, since they are only human constructs.

Instead I place trust in my family, my abilities (which are considerable) and have zero need to put any 'trust' into some hypothetical man made deity.

If a human tells me there is a god, that automatically makes me distrust that person.

If a god comes down and tells me it is a god, maybe I would believe it after I had a complete mental evaluation to make sure I wasn't hallucinating.

I think all the early religious figures so-called experiences were the result of hallucinations, not reality.
  6. Joined
    26 Oct '06
    Moves
    28 Dec '12 01:59
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Didn't you hear? The Christ arose from the dead and ascended into the third heaven. He promised to one day return to rule the world from Jerusalem.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
    Oh, well, now I see...
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Dec '12 15:48
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I saw the hypocrisy in religion when I was 8. It was clear the whole thing was a man made house of cards. So I never had any of that trust, faith, hope, confidence and such in ANY religion, since they are only human constructs.

Instead I place trust in my family, my abilities (which are considerable) and have zero need to put any 'trust' into some hypo ...[text shortened]... early religious figures so-called experiences were the result of hallucinations, not reality.
    Now you are over 70 years old and still just as immature in your decision making as you were when you were 8. What a shame. 😏
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Dec '12 00:06
    First prove you god exists... Then we might care.
    First prove he doesn't... Then we still won't care.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Dec '12 00:11
    Originally posted by apathist
    I cannot have complete confidence in any belief which is based on indoctrination; I assume I am not insane; and threats of eternity in hell have no power over me because [b]God hasn't talked to me![/b]
    Maybe you should talk to Him, then.

Don't expect Him to just call you up.

I'm thinking He already made an effort, which you've studiously refused to acknowledge.

Try to talk to Him anyways. I'm guessing He hasn't heard from you in a while.

😀
  10. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    29 Dec '12 00:33
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    First prove he doesn't... Then we still won't care.
    And that is why your faith is blind.

And it's already been done.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Dec '12 00:44
    And that is why your faith is blind.

And it's already been done.
    No, it's not. I know I'm right. That's why some bogus "proof" won't cut the mustard.

And, sorry to burst your bubble... but no.

God is very real, so obviously, it has NOT been proven. If somehow, as you say, it actually has been "proven", then that's just the same bogus "proof" mentioned earlier. Regardless, it hasn't been proven to me, or any of millions of believers (except maybe FMF, who must have had some sort of cheap imitation "supermarket" faith if he was so easily led astray).
  12. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    29 Dec '12 00:54
    No, it's not. I know I'm right. That's why some bogus "proof" won't cut the mustard.

And, sorry to burst your bubble... but no.

God is very real, so obviously, it has NOT been proven. If somehow, as you say, it actually has been "proven", then that's just the same bogus "proof" mentioned earlier. Regardless, it hasn't been proven to me, or any of ...[text shortened]... some sort of cheap imitation "supermarket" faith if he was so easily led astray).
    Obvious fallacy.

Evolution has been proven, and yet millions of people don't believe that it has.

Billions of people believe in gods other than yours, and are equally convinced.

You really must do better than that, that's descending to RJHinds level of reasoning.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Dec '12 01:14
    Obvious fallacy.

Evolution has been proven, and yet millions of people don't believe that it has.

Billions of people believe in gods other than yours, and are equally convinced.

You really must do better than that, that's descending to RJHinds level of reasoning.
    Millions of people can be wrong.

Billions of people can be wrong.

The Kingdom of God will contain far less humans than that. For an obvious reason.

You call it "blind" faith.

I call it the faith of the mustard seed. If you don't know what I'm talking about, I'm sure you can find reference to it.
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    29 Dec '12 03:05

Millions of people can be wrong.

Billions of people can be wrong.

The Kingdom of God will contain far less humans than that. For an obvious reason.

You call it "blind" faith.

I call it the faith of the mustard seed. If you don't know what I'm talking about, I'm sure you can find reference to it.
    One third of the angels got it wrong, too.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Dec '12 03:17
    FMF [...] must have had some sort of cheap imitation "supermarket" faith if he was so easily led astray.
    So "easily" led astray? What makes you say this?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree