1. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    18 Dec '12 07:211 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]"No matter the laws of physics or the nature of reality... 2+2 will always = 4"

Untrue, depends on the nature of the axiom's dynamics and unit of measure.

RE: Two male rabbits plus two female rabbits may equal a million more rabbits.
    -[/b]
    Such chicanery, Gramps! It becomes you. 😉

The truth value of 2+2=4 is invariant under any transformation of physical laws. I think Googlefudge was plain about that. There are no units of measure, because it is understood that "2" is the integer 2, "+" is the operation of integer addition, and "=" indicates purely numerical equality.

No bunnies.

No "axiomatic dynamics" (not sure what that even means).
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Dec '12 07:321 edit
    Originally posted by Soothfast
    No "axiomatic dynamics" (not sure what that even means).
    It has to do with being partial to smelling one's own farts.
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    18 Dec '12 08:43
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Didn't you hear? The Christ arose from the dead and ascended into the third heaven. He promised to one day return to rule the world from Jerusalem.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
    Didn't you hear?
    Yes. The Western world has had it rammed down their throats, but those that think dismis the fairy stories
    The Christ arose from the dead and ascended into the third heaven
    The "third" heaven? Good for him!
    He promised to one day return to rule the world from Jerusalem
    one day ... 😴 ...
    I promise one day to return from the dead and rule the world from Milton Keynes.
    (Just in case you miss the point - JC and I are equal on our promises ... neither disproved)
  4. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    18 Dec '12 08:52
    [b]"No matter the laws of physics or the nature of reality... 2+2 will always = 4"

Untrue, depends on the nature of the axiom's dynamics and unit of measure.

RE: Two male rabbits plus two female rabbits may equal a million more rabbits.
    -[/b]
    And you prove you don't understand mathematics.

the NUMBER 2 + the NUMBER 2 will ALWAYS = the NUMBER 4
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    18 Dec '12 10:012 edits
    Do you suppose we could please get back on topic?

Let's say there is no Christ...

"If so, then in whom or what would you (and your family) place your confidence and trust?"
    -
  6. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    18 Dec '12 10:23
    Do you suppose we could please get back on topic?

[b]Let's say there is no Christ...

"If so, then in whom or what would you (and your family) place your confidence and trust?"
    -[/b]
    lets say i trust x 100% and then x disappears, the trust i have in them becomes redundant, no longer needed and therefore disregarded. we not have to transfer the trust to something else, like we all have quantifiable limited amount of trust, that we must utilize at all times.
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    18 Dec '12 10:37
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    lets say i trust x 100% and then x disappears, the trust i have in them becomes redundant, no longer needed and therefore disregarded. we not have to transfer the trust to something else, like we all have quantifiable limited amount of trust, that we must utilize at all times.
    Okay. Suggests your trust may have been misplaced. If it's a car, you would replace it; a doctor who screwed up on one off your kids, you find a better one; a neighborhood that becomes crime ridden, you relocate. You begin in a position of weakness and eventually make good decisions from a position of strength.
    -
  8. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    18 Dec '12 10:57
    Okay. Suggests your trust may have been misplaced. If it's a car, you would replace it; a doctor who screwed up on one off your kids, you find a better one; a neighborhood that becomes crime ridden, you relocate. You begin in a position of weakness and eventually make good decisions from a position of strength.
    -
    im a little confused. in your hypothetical question are we to imagine that christ has never existed and we have always known this, or that one day we all realize there is no jesus? the difference is important to the question.
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    18 Dec '12 11:06

im a little confused. in your hypothetical question are we to imagine that christ has never existed and we have always known this, or that one day we all realize there is no jesus? the difference is important to the question.
    Too fatigued to do justice to your question. Time for a nap. Cold these nights.

Need some pajamas with a nice hood and scarf, rabbit ears and footies. Ha,
    -
  10. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    18 Dec '12 11:56
    Too fatigued to do justice to your question. Time for a nap. Cold these nights.

Need some pajamas with a nice hood and scarf, rabbit ears and footies. Ha,
    -
    if god had wanted us to be warm, he would have designed us with a thick, insulating fur coat and retractable genitals!!!
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    18 Dec '12 14:47

if god had wanted us to be warm, he would have designed us with a thick, insulating fur coat and retractable genitals!!!
    That's what gb's got but it's brrrrr outside and in.
  12. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    18 Dec '12 15:41
    [b]Let's say there is no Christ...

If so, then in whom or what would you (and your family) place your confidence and trust?[/b]
    Precisely the same set of people I trusted before it was firmly established there was no Christ. Indeed I am absolutely sure, beyond all need of checking that your "G"od, and "Christ" does not exist.
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    18 Dec '12 16:06
    Originally posted by Agerg

Precisely the same set of people I trusted before it was firmly established there was no Christ. Indeed I am absolutely sure, beyond all need of checking that your "G"od, and "Christ" does not exist.
    "... the same set of people... " <<< ?
    -
  14. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    18 Dec '12 16:12
    "... the same set of people... " <<< ?
    -
    You want me to name the humans that I trust!? Do you think you would know them??? 😕
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    18 Dec '12 16:38

a)im a little confused. in your hypothetical question are we to imagine that christ has never existed b)and we have always known this,
    c)or that one day we all realize there is no jesus? d)the difference is important to the question.
    a)"im a little confused. in your hypothetical question are we to imagine that christ has never existed."

Yes. OP premise asserts His existence within the faith/belief clusters of some.
    Thread seeks to explore alternative possibilites if, in fact, He doesn't.

b)"and we have always known this,"

No. Premise also establishes that the hypothetical introduces something new.

c)"or that one day we all realize there is no jesus?"

Interesting and encouraging that your thinking has evolved this far into future time periods.
    However, in that "one day" we will certainly all realize there is a personal Jesus Christ.

d)"... the difference is important to the question."

Yup. Its importance is crucial (now) to choosing between the authentic, real deal and fictious frauds which have populated
    all manmade religions, bar none, since Day One in Eden. Long term, eternal consequences of getting it wrong are horrific.
    -

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree