1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    29 Dec '12 03:46
    Originally posted by FMF

So "easily" led astray? What makes you say this?
    Vulnerability to self justification; self absorption; and self deceit.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Dec '12 03:54
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Vulnerability to self justification; self absorption; and self deceit.
    The irony of your words aside, Suzianne did not know me in the 1980s and 1990s and here she is making very specific pronouncements about those times in my life... based on what? When it comes to 'spiritual analysis', if there is any "cheap" "supermarket" stuff going on here, it is surely on her part and not mine?
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    29 Dec '12 04:361 edit
    Originally posted by FMF

The irony of your words aside, Suzianne did not know me in the 1980s and 1990s and here she is making very specific pronouncements about those times in my life... based on what? When it comes to 'spiritual analysis', if there is any "cheap" "supermarket" stuff going on here, it is surely on her part and not mine?
    1980s and 1990s or any times before or since, you don't know Richard if for one moment there's any thought that within Him throbs the least measure of "variableness or turning". Please, my friend, try to remember the appreciations you once embraced. One of His greatest and most significant (for us) attributes is His Immutability. You and I change from one day to the next. He doesn't. He won't. He can't. Any who willfully choose to disregard this fantastic benefit, do so at their own peril.(gb)
    -
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Dec '12 04:471 edit
    1980s and 1990s or any times before or since, you don't know Richard if for one moment there's any thought that within Him throbs the least measure of "variableness or turning". Please, my friend, try to remember the appreciations you once embraced. One of His greatest and most significant (for us) attributes is His Immutability. You and I change from o ho willfully choose to disregard this fantastic benefit, do so at their own peril.(gb)
    -
    I am not a Christian, so attempts to condescend me based merely on regurgitations of your religionist Christian dogma, are in the service of your vanity, and nothing else.
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    29 Dec '12 05:331 edit
    Originally posted by FMF

I am not a Christian, so attempts to condescend me based merely on regurgitations of your religionist Christian dogma, are in the service of your vanity, and nothing else.
    28 Dec '12 02:49
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    The difference isn't me and you, it is Jesus Christ either He is faithful or He is not.

"I used to believe this kind of thing when I was a Christian." (FMF)

Evasion never seems to go out of style.
    -
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Dec '12 05:37
    28 Dec '12 02:49
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    The difference isn't me and you, it is Jesus Christ either He is faithful or He is not.

"I used to believe this kind of thing [b]when I was a Christian."
    (FMF)

Evasion never seems to go out of style.
    -[/b]
    I used to be a Christian. I am not anymore. This is discussing something in a head on, unequivocal fashion and not "evasion" at all.
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    29 Dec '12 05:53
    Originally posted by FMF

I used to be a Christian. I am not anymore. This is discussing something in a head on, unequivocal fashion and not "evasion" at all.
    The Eternal Salvation of a human soul results from the work which Christ did, not upon some effort performed by man. Man, therefore, is powerless and incapable of setting aside or undoing the deed. Once in a family, you don't get out... no matter how much you carry on and publically protest to the contrary. You'll be in Heaven, though you may be a peon without reward for all eternity.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Dec '12 06:01
    The Eternal Salvation of a human soul results from the work which Christ did, not upon some effort performed by man. Man, therefore, is powerless and incapable of setting aside or undoing the deed. Once in a family, you don't get out... no matter how much you carry on and publically protest to the contrary. You'll be in Heaven, though you may be a peon without reward for all eternity.
    I do not subscribe to any of these assertions. I cannot be said to be "evading" things which are figments of your imagination.
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    29 Dec '12 06:07
    Originally posted by FMF

I do not subscribe to any of these assertions. I cannot be said to be "evading" things which are figments of your imagination.
    Fine. It's been a good day. Thank you.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Dec '12 06:161 edit
    Fine. It's been a good day. Thank you.
    Your self-righteous web persona has turned you into little more than a religionist regurgitator, Grampy Bobby. You sound like you have never discussed anything with an ex-Christian before, otherwise you'd know your brand of unimaginative duckspeak is one of the more alienating aspects of your creed.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Dec '12 06:31
    Originally posted by FMF
    Your self-righteous web persona has turned you into little more than an unimaginative religionist regurgitator, Grampy Bobby. You sound like you have never discussed anything with an ex-Christian before, otherwise you'd know your brand of duckspeak is one of the more alienating aspects of your creed.
    I recommend that you be open and honest with yourself. Don't worry about what others on RHP think. It will not matter in the end. 😏
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    29 Dec '12 09:03
    "Let's say there is no Christ"Reveal Hidden Content
    (page 9, post 131, and yet some are still alive; some sleeping; some dying; some dead; and some unsure which).
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Dec '12 18:11
    Originally posted by FMF
    And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

(Matthew 7:23 NKJV)
  14. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    29 Dec '12 19:21
    God is petulant.
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    29 Dec '12 21:00
    Originally posted by sonhouse

I saw the hypocrisy in religion when I was 8. It was clear the whole thing was a man made house of cards. So I never had any of that trust, faith, hope, confidence and such in ANY religion, since they are only human constructs.

Instead I place trust in my family, my abilities (which are considerable) and have zero need to put any 'trust' into some hypot ...[text shortened]... the early religious figures so-called experiences were the result of hallucinations, not reality.
    Current Situation Equation (CSE):

a) Hypocrisy in ‘Religion’ / 8 = Doubt (1st) x Present Age = Doubt (2nd) = Man Made House of Cards;

b) a) x Opinions Since = Doubt (3rd) Only Human Constructs: : Trust Placed in Family + My Abilities;

c) b) + Mere Mention of God = Distrust In/Of That Person, Doubt (4th);

d) c) Distrust In/Of That Person Doubt (4th) + A God Comes Down = Not Hallucinating = Possibility of Vertical Trust;

e) d) Possibility of Vertical Trust > Trust in Family + My Abilities w/ Lingering Doubt = Perceived Reality [+/-]

f) e) + d) + c) + b) + a) = Viewpoint Within the Thread (12.12.29)

g) f) = (CSE): : Correct = T or F?

............................................................................ .

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree