Lewes bonfire, and gays in the church

Lewes bonfire, and gays in the church

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
07 Feb 13

Originally posted by galveston75
... But mark my word, JW's have been put to death and it will happen again. When it does you'll remember this statement....
Why will JW's be put to death?

Moves
07 Feb 13

Originally posted by vistesd
This is my last post here.

That is a considered and considerate reply, and I thank you. The following is not for argument, only for some explication.

There is a divide between Judaism and Christianity—especially sola scriptural Protestant Christianity. Judaism is the religion of the Dual Torah: the written Torah and the Oral Torah (which also ...[text shortened]... did not/do not mean to argue for my side of that divide—only from it.

Be well.
Thanks for the rational exchange; and for listening to my pov even though it was merely about your pov! I have a deep seated belief in the reality of a spiritual delivering God; I cannot rationalise it away, I cannot deny it. What to do.

Be well yourself.

e

Moves
07 Feb 13

e

Moves
07 Feb 13

T

Moves
07 Feb 13
1 edit

Points well made, and I will take them under advisement.

Take care.[/b]
Actually, I was hoping you'd give me some feedback. I truly found your post interesting. If I failed to understand the intended deliverable from the interpretive guidelines, then by all means, explain why. Also, the question wasn't at all meant to be rhetorical. I'm not sure if I failed to understand you there or if my point is valid.

e

Moves
07 Feb 13

If Brandon Flowers, a Mormon, can sing

'Somebody told me
You had a boyfriend
Who looked like a girlfriend
That I had in February of last year'

And have millions dancing along to his tune, I think homophobic Christians are missing something.

Christianity that rants against homosexuality is what I'd call 'I'm alright jack' christianity, suits me fine, could not care less about you. Well it great your alright now would you kindly...

Most rational people would not touch it with a barge pole, it puts people who might otherwise think about jesus right off, the only reason I give it some credit is i to sympathetic to opinions different to my own, I read about the iatola komani sometimes, i feel like i still am when i read parts of this thread....

Hmmm . . .

Moves
07 Feb 13

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
Actually, I was hoping you'd give me some feedback. I truly found your post interesting. If I failed to understand the intended deliverable from the interpretive guidelines, then by all means, explain why. Also, the question wasn't at all meant to be rhetorical. I'm not sure if I failed to understand you there or if my point is valid.
Okay, this will be my last post for a time, anyway. 🙂

Sorry I was too brief to be clear. I think your points are are correct, and are improvements to what I presented; I just wanted to reflect on them a bit.

Be well, ToO.

T

Moves
07 Feb 13

Okay, this will be my last post for a time, anyway. 🙂

Sorry I was too brief to be clear. I think your points are are correct, and are improvements to what I presented; I just wanted to reflect on them a bit.

Be well, ToO.
Thanks for the feedback. You too.

Moves
08 Feb 13
2 edits

Originally posted by e4chris
I read about the iatola komani sometimes, i feel like i still am when i read parts of this thread....
Get some perspective. It's a free country where people disagree with each other and yet you are free to do whatever you want. So some people say that homosexuality is a sin and others disagree; stop bleating about it and just get on with your life.

T

Moves
08 Feb 13
10 edits

Originally posted by divegeester
Get some perspective. It's a free country where people disagree with each other and yet you are free to do whatever you want. So some people say that homosexuality is a sin and others disagree; stop bleating about it and just get on with your life.
Unfortunately there are Christians, like you, who are homophobic hypocrites who use the Bible as a weapon in order to bully, further bigotry, deny human rights etc. which makes it difficult for their victims to "get on with [their lives]".

Fortunately there are other Christians, unlike you, who use the Bible as an instrument for truth, peace, love and understanding.

Moves
08 Feb 13

Unfortunately there are Christians, like you, who are homophobic hypocrites who use the Bible as a weapon in order to bully, further bigotry, deny human rights etc. which makes it difficult for their victims to "get on with [their lives]".

Fortunately there are other Christians, unlike you, who use the Bible as an instrument for truth, peace, love and understanding.
Only because they have either not actually read the bible or delude themselves as to what it says.

These people are good not because it says good things in the bible but because they are in of themselves good.

They don't need the bible to be good, it just gets in the way.

T

Moves
08 Feb 13
4 edits

Originally posted by googlefudge
Only because they have either not actually read the bible or delude themselves as to what it says.

These people are good not because it says good things in the bible but because they are in of themselves good.

They don't need the bible to be good, it just gets in the way.
You need to consider that the Bible is littered with conflicting, contrary and ambiguous teachings. So actually it is more a matter of which parts a given Christian picks and chooses to emphasize/follow. From what I gather, there are many Christians that have read the Bible, do not delude themselves and who use the Bible as an instrument for truth, peace, love and understanding. From what I can tell, the most common delusion is that the Bible does not contain conflicting, contrary and ambiguous teachings and that it is those people who make up the bulk of the homophobes.

But you are correct in saying that no one needs the Bible to be good.

Cape Town

Moves
08 Feb 13

Originally posted by divegeester
Actually, no, you are not 'free to do whatever you want' especially when it harms others. For as long as people are discriminated against because of their sexual preferences, people should continue to speak up about it and demand justice and equality.

T

Moves
08 Feb 13

Originally posted by twhitehead
Actually, no, you are not 'free to do whatever you want' especially when it harms others. For as long as people are discriminated against because of their sexual preferences, people should continue to speak up about it and demand justice and equality.
What's more, don't know for certain if DG is against gay marriage, but if he is, there's serious irony in his claim that people are 'free to do whatever [they] want'. Such is the hypocrisy that comes with homophobia.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
08 Feb 13

You need to consider that the Bible is littered with conflicting, contrary and ambiguous teachings. So actually it is more a matter of which parts a given Christian picks and chooses to emphasize/follow. From what I gather, there are many Christians that have read the Bible, do not delude themselves and who use the Bible as an instrument for truth, peace, ...[text shortened]... ulk of the homophobes.

But you are correct in saying that no one needs the Bible to be good.
The truth is that it is your mind that is littered with conflicting, contrary, and ambiguous teachings. 😏