Lewes bonfire, and gays in the church

Lewes bonfire, and gays in the church

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
08 Feb 13

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
Unfortunately there are Christians, like you, who are homophobic hypocrites who use the Bible as a weapon in order to bully, further bigotry, deny human rights etc. which makes it difficult for their victims to "get on with [their lives]".

Fortunately there are other Christians, unlike you, who use the Bible as an instrument for truth, peace, love and understanding.
Overreact much?

Moves
08 Feb 13

Originally posted by twhitehead
Actually, no, you are not 'free to do whatever you want' especially when it harms others. For as long as people are discriminated against because of their sexual preferences, people should continue to speak up about it and demand justice and equality.
What part of pointing out that the Bible states that homosexuality is a sin impacts anyones right to justice or equality?

Are you saying I do not have the right or the freedom to point that out?

Moves
08 Feb 13

What's more, don't know for certain if DG is against gay marriage, but if he is, there's serious irony in his claim that people are 'free to do whatever [they] want'. Such is the hypocrisy that comes with homophobia.
Of course I'm against gay marriage in terms of "Christian" marraige. That does not prevent anyone getting "partnered" legally or indeed married in the name of whatever god they chose to serve.

What's the big deal? If you you don't like "Christianity" please feel free to join whatever religion you choose - as I said you are free to do so.

T

Moves
08 Feb 13

Originally posted by divegeester
Overreact much?
Not at all. Just speaking the truth. You are what you are as you've shown with your responses to e4chris.

T

Moves
08 Feb 13
1 edit

Of course I'm against gay marriage in terms of "Christian" marraige. That does not prevent anyone getting "partnered" legally or indeed married in the name of whatever god they chose to serve.

What's the big deal? If you you don't like "Christianity" please feel free to join whatever religion you choose - as I said you are free to do so.
No surprise that the irony went over your head.

As does the fact that it's hypocrites like you that give Christianity a bad name apparently.

But fortunately there are Christians who aren't homophobic hypocrites that support gay marriage be it Christian, secular or otherwise.

Moves
08 Feb 13

As does the fact that it's hypocrites like you that give Christianity a bad name apparently.
How am I a hypocrite?

Moves
08 Feb 13

But fortunately there are Christians who aren't homophobic hypocrites that support gay marriage be it Christian, secular or otherwise.
Do you need to come out of the closet for a breath of air?

😵

rc

Moves
08 Feb 13

No surprise that the irony went over your head.

Its not possible for a Christian to support gaydom, its simply contrary to scripture.

T

Moves
08 Feb 13

How am I a hypocrite?
Think back to earlier in the thread.

Moves
08 Feb 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Its not possible for a Christian to support gaydom, its simply contrary to scripture.
This point, and that Hadrian's wall should be rebuilt are probably the only 2 things we would ever agree on.

T

Moves
08 Feb 13

Do you need to come out of the closet for a breath of air?

😵
Yet another homophobic comment right on cue.

Moves
08 Feb 13

Think back to earlier in the thread.
Was that when you were being boring and I lost interest?

T

Moves
08 Feb 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
You mean it's contrary to Watchtower Society doctrine which is what informs your beliefs.

Moves
08 Feb 13

Yet another homophobic comment right on cue.
You know that situation when another poster gets so irrationally and disproportionately bent out of shape over something that you start giggling to yourself...?

C'mon just open the door a little...

rc

Moves
08 Feb 13

You mean it's contrary to Watchtower Society doctrine which is what informs your beliefs.
No its contrary to scripture, which forms my beliefs.