Lewes bonfire, and gays in the church

Lewes bonfire, and gays in the church

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cape Town

Moves
08 Feb 13

Originally posted by divegeester
What part of pointing out that the Bible states that homosexuality is a sin impacts anyones right to justice or equality?
I didn't say it did. I did say that you can't simply do anything you like just because 'its a free country'.

Are you saying I do not have the right or the freedom to point that out?
Point it out all you like. All you are doing is showing what a bigoted religion you follow and how you pick and choose which parts of the Bible to 'point out'. I don't see you 'pointing out' all the parts of the Bible that sanction slavery, genocide and other things that are no longer considered acceptable in most societies today.
But after 'pointing it out', what actions will you take? Do you for example oppose laws that allow employers to fire people based solely on their sexual orientation?

T

Moves
08 Feb 13
1 edit

What's up, can throw but can't catch?
Interesting how unintelligent, uneducated, juvenile and homophobic are so often linked.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
08 Feb 13

Originally posted by twhitehead
Do you for example oppose laws that allow employers to fire people based solely on their sexual orientation?
Absolutely not, I would stand up for freedom, free speech, justice and equality in the workplace.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
08 Feb 13

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
Interesting how unintelligent, uneducated, juvenile and homophobic are so often linked.
Best let twhitehead take over now eh?

T

Moves
08 Feb 13
2 edits

Best let twhitehead take over now eh?

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
08 Feb 13

god's like that...he hates poofs.
very eloquent
😞

Moves
08 Feb 13

Let's see: angry, uptight, repressed and obsessed. You make a perfect closet homosexual.
are they characteristics you associate with homosexuality?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
08 Feb 13

Originally posted by stellspalfie
are they characteristics you associate with homosexuality?
No, they are a caricature of a repressed identity.

What the f*** is the matter with you people.

Moves
08 Feb 13
1 edit

No, they are a caricature of a repressed identity.

What the f*** is the matter with you people.
"What the f*** is the matter with you people"

what do you mean by you people!!!! are you being racist now!!!!

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
08 Feb 13
1 edit

what do you mean by [b]you people!!!! are you being racist now!!!![/b]
Good grief.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
08 Feb 13

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
You're such a child.
Is that why this topic of discussion causes you fits of ....... 😏

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
08 Feb 13
1 edit

Originally posted by twhitehead
Nevertheless, the Nazis were mostly Christians themselves, whether or not they deceived other Christians is besides the point (though the fact that Christians love to deceive each other and are easily deceived by one another is another point not in their favour.)

Queue 'no true Christian' argument:
I would say that no other religion has more adherents who "call" themselves followers and yet fail to live up to even the most basic commandments of that faith.

Even you would admit that there is a very definitive difference between one who follows God and one who merely calls himself a follower of God. "Ye shall know them by their fruits..." There is no better yardstick. What they say matters not. What they do matters plenty. And yet all the atheists love to point out those whose practices indicate that they do not follow God and say "look at all those evil God-followers". Effective for their arguments I guess, but not entirely truthful.

But we're soon to see a time when even those with moderate faith strive to make it known that they are NOT a follower to avoid the hatred and condemnation. I guess we'll then see the difference between those who follow God and those who just want to be counted among those who follow God. But that's a subject for another thread.

rc

Moves
08 Feb 13
1 edit

Originally posted by Suzianne
I would say that no other religion has more adherents who "call" themselves followers and yet fail to live up to even the most basic commandments of that faith.

Even you would admit that there is a very definitive difference between one who follows God and one who merely calls himself a follower of God. "Ye shall know them by their fruits..." There is ant to be counted among those who follow God. But that's a subject for another thread.
thanks for that motivating speech, twas most edifying. Complete with like middle ages English, doth thee get out that much?

Moves
08 Feb 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
thanks for that motivating speech, twas most edifying.
isnt that like you listening on the other teams coach?

rc

Moves
08 Feb 13

isnt that like you listening on the other teams coach?
it more like me listening for radio signals from outer space.