Light v Darkness

Light v Darkness

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
02 Jan 17
2 edits

Originally posted by KellyJay
Christians require God's Spirit, they require Jesus Christ, they require the Truth, Light, and
Life which are all Jesus Christ. You cannot belong to God unless you have God's Spirit,
and if you do not come to Jesus your works will be done in darkness, therefore they will
not be acceptable to God. Jesus does require us to follow Him, walking after the Spi ...[text shortened]... demnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
[Jesus is] the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
(John 1:9 KJV)

Jesus is the Light and lighteth EVERY MAN.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
02 Jan 17
1 edit

Originally posted by Rajk999
[Jesus is] the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
(John 1:9 KJV)

Jesus is the Light and lighteth EVERY MAN.
Yes, not at all denying that, Jesus also died for all of us, but that doesn't mean that
everyone comes to the light to have their works revealed for what they are or all turn to
Jesus to make Him Lord either. Since we know that that those that do not believe in
Jesus are condemned it seems that Jesus is the only way to the Father according to
Jesus and the scriptures.

T

Moves
02 Jan 17
4 edits

Originally posted by KellyJay
Yes, not at all denying that, Jesus also died for all of us, but that doesn't mean that
everyone comes to the light to have their works revealed for what they are or all turn to
Jesus to make Him Lord either. Since we know that that those that do not believe in
Jesus are condemned it seems that Jesus is the only way to the Father according to
Jesus and the scriptures.
You keep looking at this passage backwards.

The following explicitly states who hates the light and doesn't come to the light:
"...everyone who does evil hates the Light, and does not come to the Light.."

It's "everyone who does evil".

It's not abstract. It's not ambiguous. It's extremely concrete.

It's EVERYONE who DOES evil.

It is NOT "everyone who does not declare belief in Jesus".

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
02 Jan 17

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

John 14:6

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
02 Jan 17

The 'teachings of Christ' is defined by Jesus Christ himself. They are referred to in the New Testament as:
- my words
- my commandments
These are all the instructions given by Christ as he traveled and preached, and these pertained to righteous living, good works and the avoidance of sin, which if followed will lead to life eternal in the Kingdom of God.
I've heard that from you repeatedly. You appear to be avoiding the question though. I'll ask it again.

From an earlier post on page one.
"So I ask you, what portion of the 66 books of the Bible do you consider not the teachings of Christ?"

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
02 Jan 17

Originally posted by josephw
I've heard that from you repeatedly. You appear to be avoiding the question though. I'll ask it again.

From an earlier post on page one.
[b]"So I ask you, what portion of the 66 books of the Bible do you consider not the teachings of Christ?"
[/b]
Your entire attitude to a discussion is wrong. Try talking and exchanging ideas rather that crossquestioning me as if you are a lawyer. I write a fair amount of explanations of what I believe and provided references. Maybe you can try it.

Jesus's teachings are contained in the gospels. Some of it is in the rest of the New Testament.

As for this 66 books foolishness .. that alone tells me you know very little about the Bible and how it came to be.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
03 Jan 17

Your entire attitude to a discussion is wrong. Try talking and exchanging ideas rather that crossquestioning me as if you are a lawyer. I write a fair amount of explanations of what I believe and provided references. Maybe you can try it.

Jesus's teachings are contained in the gospels. Some of it is in the rest of the New Testament.

As for this 66 bo ...[text shortened]... s foolishness .. that alone tells me you know very little about the Bible and how it came to be.
Coward's excuse. And like Satan you use the Word of God to create confusion and contradiction. You're a narrow minded little chump focused on what you call the "teachings of Christ" while excluding the whole council of God.

As Paul aptly wrote;
"I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed."

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
03 Jan 17
2 edits

Coward's excuse. And like Satan you use the Word of God to create confusion and contradiction. You're a narrow minded little chump focused on what you call the "teachings of Christ" while excluding the whole council of God.

As Paul aptly wrote;
[b]"I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel ...[text shortened]... h any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed."
[/b]
Clearly you have nothing worthwhile to contribute ... except of course your blind misguided loyalty to your church doctrine.

People like you love the darkness of your church and hate the Light because the Light condemns your evil deeds. Your church encourages it.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
03 Jan 17

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
You keep looking at this passage backwards.

The following explicitly states who hates the light and doesn't come to the light:
"...everyone who does evil hates the Light, and does not come to the Light.."

It's "everyone who does evil".

It's not abstract. It's not ambiguous. It's extremely concrete.

It's EVERYONE who DOES evil.

It is NOT "everyone who does not declare belief in Jesus".
If he reads that passage properly his entire doctrine falls apart. You have to understand what a hard blow it is for these Christians some of whom have never really read the teachings of Christ because churches convince them that they are not important.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
03 Jan 17

An often quoted passage by KJ: He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. (John 3:18 KJV)

Taken by itself this passages appears to be supporting mouth worship ie just believe in the name Jesus Christ. However, the whole passa ...[text shortened]... inful people.
Good and righteous people love the Light and they follow the teachings of Christ.
Do you believe some people are born good and other people are born evil and that those who are good can live righteously without having faith in Jesus? Or do you believe that everyone is born with an evil nature which can only be 'changed' by faith in Jesus?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
03 Jan 17

Clearly you have nothing worthwhile to contribute ... except of course your blind misguided loyalty to your church doctrine.

People like you love the darkness of your church and hate the Light because the Light condemns your evil deeds. Your church encourages it.
"People like you love the darkness of your church..." The devil couldn't have said it better Rajk666.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
03 Jan 17

Then you are essentially saying that Jesus Christ is darkness because that's the Church I belong to.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 Jan 17

If he reads that passage properly his entire doctrine falls apart. You have to understand what a hard blow it is for these Christians some of whom have never really read the teachings of Christ because churches convince them that they are not important.
Do you think all of mankind are sinners that need saved by Jesus grace, or do you believe
that only some are, and others because they are good enough do not need to go to Jesus
for salvation?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
03 Jan 17

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
Do you believe some people are born good and other people are born evil and that those who are good can live righteously without having faith in Jesus? Or do you believe that everyone is born with an evil nature which can only be 'changed' by faith in Jesus?
Do you understand the opening post? If so do you have a comment to make regarding its contents.?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
03 Jan 17
1 edit

Then you are essentially saying that Jesus Christ is darkness because that's the Church I belong to.
I know your doctrine and it is about identical to that preached by sonship.

You deny that following the commandments of Jesus is essential for eternal life as Jesus said dozens of times. The fact that you have not made any comment of substance regarding the opening post, and that you seek to derail the thread by asking questions which have no relevance, means that the words of Christ are contrary to your church doctrine. You dont even know what the teachings of Christ are ! How could you possibly belong to Christ? You are from a church of course, but that church has gone astray.