1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Oct '18 16:502 edits
    @divegeester said
    I acknowledge that it’s a metaphor like the seeds in parable of the sower are metaphors for something else. The metaphor is still true.

I explained this to you yesterday. Are you pretending that you didn’t read my response?

Hell is a metaphor. Propagating that Jesus is literally in hell personally overseeing the deliberate premeditated eternal torture of billions ...[text shortened]... ent and completely out of sync with the nature of God in the gospels.

It is a doctrine of death.
    I think your big issue is with the truth being true. If you acknowledge Hell as it is
    written you no longer get to blow off the souls of your friends who if they died
    right now would end up there for eternity. Now you feel you have to do nothing
    to stop that, instead you also help hide the truth of what they need saved from!

Its easier for you to deny the danger so you don't have to act, cowardly if you
    ask me with so much at stake. Now you feel you don't have to take a stand, you
    can bury your head in the sand and deny what is written. Now you don't have to
    worry about loved ones and friends. Acknowledging Hell is there for all the
    unrepentant sinners before a Holy God, a God who will not accept anything short
    of perfection of righteousness and holiness means everyone you know needs
    Jesus Christ.

Now it is just a debate over metaphors when souls are going to be cast out
    forever. Trust me there is nothing I am saying is due to pretense, I'm as serious
    as I can be while you are thinking of new insults or ways to belittle, all the
    while people die.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Oct '18 17:15
    @kellyjay said
    I think your big issue is with the truth being true. If you acknowledge Hell as it is
    written you no longer get to blow off the souls of your friends who if they died
    right now would end up there for eternity. Now you feel you have to do nothing
    to stop that, instead you also help hide the truth of what they need saved from!

Its easier for you to deny the danger so you ...[text shortened]... s
    as I can be while you are thinking of new insults or ways to belittle, all the
    while people die.
    Every time I ask you to explain your position regarding the literal vs symbolic nature of Revelation you just cough up another waffly furball.

We both know why. 😉
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    27 Oct '18 17:17
    @divegeester said
    Every time I ask you to explain your position regarding the literal vs symbolic nature of Revelation you just cough up another waffly furball.

We both know why. 😉
    We all know why you simply call it a 'furball' rather than acknowledge and address what he has said.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Oct '18 18:51
    @divegeester said

We both know why. 😉
    I am worried about people going to Hell, you are certainly concerned about metaphors. At some point when we stand before God and give an account for our words, this will be sorted by the One who knows our hearts.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Oct '18 19:15
    @kellyjay said
    I am worried about people going to Hell
    No you are not.

If you and sonship really believed that awful nonsense you wouldn’t be in here wasting hours and hours and hours every day, you would be out in the streets.

So shut up and get out there!
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Oct '18 19:26
    @divegeester said
    No you are not.

If you and sonship really believed that awful nonsense you wouldn’t be in here wasting hours and hours and hours every day, you would be out in the streets.

You can deny it here, when you stand before God then deny that you knew about the danger He will know.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Oct '18 19:362 edits
    @divegeester

No you are not.

So when you cannot defend your slander against Christ that God is evil to Judge eternally, your recourse is to urge those whom you accuse of sadism to withdraw from the debate and go to the street. Convenient.

I don't mind you reminding me of the urgency of Gospel preaching. But to do so only when you cannot defend your slanders against God seems just to be your Plan B upon being debunked.
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    27 Oct '18 19:441 edit
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

No you are not.

So when you cannot defend your slander against Christ that God is evil to Judge eternally, your recourse is to urge those whom you ...[text shortened]... u cannot defend your slanders against God seems just to be your Plan B upon being debunked.
    For the sake of argument, let's say that Jesus WAS speaking metaphorically.

Would you still consider DG's position to be a "slander against Christ"?

Would you then consider your position to be a "slander against Christ"?
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Oct '18 20:08
    @thinkofone said
    For the sake of argument, let's say that Jesus WAS speaking metaphorically.

Would you still consider DG's position to be a "slander against Christ"?

Would you then consider your position to be a "slander against Christ"?
    You think Jesus lied where He talked Hell?
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    27 Oct '18 20:221 edit
    @kellyjay said
    When you ask questions like this, one has to wonder if you at all understand the concept of metaphor.

When you ask questions like this, one has to wonder if you at all understand the concept of hypotheticals.

When you ask questions like this, one has to wonder if you at all understand anything above the most simplistic levels of thought.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Oct '18 20:23
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

No you are not.

So when you cannot defend your slander against Christ that God is evil to Judge eternally, your recourse is to urge those whom you ...[text shortened]... u cannot defend your slanders against God seems just to be your Plan B upon being debunked.
    People are going to be tortured in hell for eternity because you are in here wasting your time being a sanctimonious arse.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Oct '18 20:24
    @kellyjay said
    You think John lied when he said he saw a 7 headed beast with 10 horns.

Quid pro quo.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Oct '18 20:43
    @divegeester said
    You think John lied when he said he saw a 7 headed beast with 10 horns.

Quid pro quo.
    Nope
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Oct '18 20:44
    @divegeester said
    People are going to be tortured in hell for eternity because you are in here wasting your time being a sanctimonious arse.
    You think Jesus lied talking about Hell?
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Oct '18 20:572 edits
    @divegeester

Whether I am wasting my time or not doesn't change the words of Christ about eternal punishment. Does it?

So you don't like His words and to lash out at me seems your best recourse.

If you cannot make the point that Christ lied, then misdirecting your displeasure with Him, channeling it towards some of His disciples, does nothing for your case.

Now, the story of the rich man and Lazarus ... Though the rich man was being tormented, he seemed able to carry on a conversation. See Luke 16:19-31.

Why should I not assume then that God knows how to adjust what each lost sinner should experience as is just ?

The rich man doesn't seem repentent. It is not as if he asks God to remover him from the punishment. He just wants a little reprieve. It doesn't sound like he's longing to be with God.

In a sense he has obtained what he wanted - to be left alone by God. It just didn't turn out as comfortable as he thought it would be.

If Jesus meant to convey his hysterical screeches and uncoherent hollering, He would have.

So don't imagine overmuch what each lost soul will experience. Just know that it is better to hear God's word and be saved from that judgment.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree