1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Oct '18 19:24
    Reposting for all you brave hell-fire Christians, as per KellyJay’s request:

Here’s a passage for all you hellfire and burning believers to have a look and and tell me this; which bits are literal and which are metaphors and symbolisms?

From Revelation 19

I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True.
    With justice he judges and wages war.
    His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns.
    He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself.
    He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God.
    The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean.
    Coming out of his mouth is a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations.
    “He will rule them with an iron scepter.”
    He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty.
    On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written: king of kings and lord of lords.
    And I saw an angel standing in the sun, who cried in a loud voice to all the birds flying in midair, “Come, gather together for the great supper of God, so that you may eat the flesh of kings, generals, and the mighty, of horses and their riders, and the flesh of all people, free and slave, great and small.”
    Then I saw the beast and the kings of the earth and their armies gathered together to wage war against the rider on the horse and his army.
    But the beast was captured, and with it the false prophet who had performed the signs on its behalf.
    With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped its image.
    The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulfur.
    The rest were killed with the sword coming out of the mouth of the rider on the horse, and all the birds gorged themselves on their flesh

I’m betting that it is ALL metaphors...EXCEPT the lake of sculpture and the burning ... am I right?

What a desperately sad doctrine of death it is that you cling to.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Oct '18 19:35
    @divegeester said

Here’s a passage for all you hellfire and burning believers to have a look and and tell me this; which bits are literal and which are metaphors and symbolisms?

From Revelation 19

I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and Tru ...[text shortened]... nd the burning ... am I right?

I'm not sure any of this has to be, or are metaphors. John is seeing into the
    spiritual world, for all we know these are exactly what he saw. So I take it as is, this
    is just what John saw and wrote about.

The thing is we have seen evil in this world, wickedness, selfishness and all of those
    that are NOT changed into something good through Christ remain as they are. We
    must be born again, born of God's Spirit, or remain as we are no matter what song
    and dance we do here. Its an eternal kingdom there will not be the opt out death
    from it, there will not be opting someone else out either. So if God hasn't done
    a great work within you, you will not be moving into the eternal Kingdom of God.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Oct '18 19:39
    @divegeester said

From Revelation 19

I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and Tru ...[text shortened]... nd the burning ... am I right?

"What a desperately sad doctrine of death it is that you cling to."

Actually I can think of nothing greater. Every sin Jesus paid for, every debt we have
    before God are all taken care of from the very worse of us to the best so that we
    are all cleaned through Christ. This takes away all of our failed efforts to please
    God on our own, it takes away all of our self righteousness, we can rely on Jesus.
    I think the only way you could look at this as anything other than a good thing is
    that you think we are the good guys here and God is bad, when the truth is God
    is the standard for good, He is Love, and we reveal how wicked we are by how
    much we despise Him.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Oct '18 19:41
    @kellyjay said
    I'm not sure any of this has to be, or are metaphors. John is seeing into the
    spiritual world, for all we know these are exactly what he saw. So I take it as is, this
    is just what John saw and wrote about.
    I can’t believe you made me go find the post and you’ve copped out again. Disappointing but I guess I shouldn’t be surprised.

So it’s all neither literal nor metaphorical?

Is that it?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Oct '18 19:422 edits
    @kellyjay said
    "What a desperately sad doctrine of death it is that you cling to."

Actually I can think of nothing greater. Every sin Jesus paid for, every debt we have
    before God are all taken care of from the very worse of us to the best so that we
    are all cleaned through Christ. This takes away all of our failed efforts to please
    God on our own, it takes away all of our self right ...[text shortened]...
    is the standard for good, He is Love, and we reveal how wicked we are by how
    much we despise Him.
    You “can’t think of anything greater” that what in my post? Stop coughing up religious fur balls and address the actual content of the OP.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Oct '18 19:45
    Is there ANY Christian in this forum willing to answer the challenge in the OP?
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Oct '18 19:54
    @divegeester said
    Is there ANY Christian in this forum willing to answer the challenge in the OP?
    Yes.
    When there is something in the bible that you agree with, it's literal

When there is something in the bible that you disagree with, it's a metaphor.

It's clear Dive that you don't want to believe in hell, despite the fact many warnings are given about it, even from Jesus.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Oct '18 20:05
    @chaney3 said
    Yes.
    When there is something in the bible that you agree with, it's literal

When there is something in the bible that you disagree with, it's a metaphor.

It's clear Dive that you don't want to believe in hell, despite the fact many warnings are given about it, even from Jesus.
    Thanks for posting chaney3, I’m happy to reply but can you please first confirm if you are posting as someone who is a Christian or a non Christian?

Thanks
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Oct '18 20:07
    @divegeester said
    I can’t believe you made me go find the post and you’ve copped out again. Disappointing but I guess I shouldn’t be surprised.

So it’s all neither literal nor metaphorical?

Is that it?
    Its all literal, not metaphorical in my opinion. I told you why.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Oct '18 20:07
    @divegeester said
    Thanks for posting chaney3, I’m happy to reply but can you please first confirm if you are posting as someone who is a Christian or a non Christian?

Thanks
    I'm a Christian.
    Maybe not a good one, because of doubt, but I am a Christian.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Oct '18 20:11
    @kellyjay said
    Its all literal, not metaphorical in my opinion. I told you why.
    Its ALL literal...??? “it’s all literal” wow, really!?

Literal grapes and a literal wine press?
    Lots of literal crowns on one head?
    And a literal sword coming out of his literal mouth.

WOW! What a way to hold on to a literal hell. You really are something.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Oct '18 20:12
    @chaney3 said
    I'm a Christian.
    Ok well done on being unequivocal and thanks.

So, do you want to address the challenge in the OP?
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Oct '18 20:12
    @chaney3 said
    I'm a Christian.
    🙂 Yea brother!
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Oct '18 20:24
    @divegeester said
    Ok well done on being unequivocal and thanks.

So, do you want to address the challenge in the OP?
    I already answered.

If someone likes what a specific verse or verses say, it's literal.

If someone dislikes the message, then they either dismiss it, or convince themselves it's a metaphor.

In your case Dive, you do not want to believe in hell, so you will continue to argue against any scripture that deals with hell.

"Go and sin NO more".
    Real or metaphor?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Oct '18 20:50
    @chaney3 said
    I already answered.

If someone likes what a specific verse or verses say, it's literal.

If someone dislikes the message, then they either dismiss it, or convince themselves it's a metaphor.

In your case Dive, you do not want to believe in hell, so you will continue to argue against any scripture that deals with hell.

"Go and sin NO more".
    Real or metaphor?
    You haven’t, and saying you have is dishonest chaney3.

What you have done is “replied”, that is not the same thing as answering the challenge. Credit to KellyJay he has answered, albeit his response is a level of crazy I’ve not come across before, but at least he ballsed up and made a call.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree