1. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    26 May '12 22:43
    Just some thoughts on living forever if you had the chance.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12693
    27 May '12 00:211 edit
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Just some thoughts on living forever if you had the chance.
    I've already posted this. You Can Live forever in Paradise - don't you remember?

    YouTube&feature=endscreen&NR=1
  3. Joined
    10 Jun '11
    Moves
    3829
    27 May '12 01:06
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Just some thoughts on living forever if you had the chance.
    sounds boring. every few billion years, you'll want to forget everything you know and start over from scratch.
  4. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    2014.05.01
    Joined
    11 Apr '07
    Moves
    92274
    27 May '12 01:10
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Just some thoughts on living forever if you had the chance.
    I think I need to know much much more to make a decision. Where would I live? How would pain and illness be handled? What happens if I get trapped somewhere where no one can find me? What if my situation gets bad enough where I want to die, but can't?
  5. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    27 May '12 01:20
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    I think I need to know much much more to make a decision. Where would I live? How would pain and illness be handled? What happens if I get trapped somewhere where no one can find me? What if my situation gets bad enough where I want to die, but can't?
    Another question: would I be with the ones I love and who matter to me even if they themselves hadn't done what it takes to earn everlasting life?
  6. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    27 May '12 02:32
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I've already posted this. [b]You Can Live forever in Paradise - don't you remember?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DnpOcD529g&feature=endscreen&NR=1[/b]
    I'll say like you always do to me..."Don't give me some pasted stuff, I want your opinion". How does that sound? Just like you do to me?

    So how would RJH like to live forever?
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12693
    27 May '12 03:442 edits
    Originally posted by galveston75
    I'll say like you always do to me..."Don't give me some pasted stuff, I want your opinion". How does that sound? Just like you do to me?

    So how would RJH like to live forever?
    I think you are confusing me with someone else. I like to look at videos and important information from pasted stuff. There are some on here that don't becasue they don't like what is pasted I believe. But I would rather look at a video than read a bunch of stuff. That's just me, however. Many people here, like yourself, enjoy reading stuff more.

    P.S. I have given you my opinion many times. You don't like that either.
  8. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    27 May '12 03:53
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I think you are confusing me with someone else. I like to look at videos and important information from pasted stuff. There are some on here that don't becasue they don't like what is pasted I believe. But I would rather look at a video than read a bunch of stuff. That's just me, however. Many people here, like yourself, enjoy reading stuff more.

    P.S. I have given you my opinion many times. You don't like that either.
    I have no problems with opinions. I have problems when ones say their opinions are truth and fact.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12693
    27 May '12 04:00
    Originally posted by galveston75
    I have no problems with opinions. I have problems when ones say their opinions are truth and fact.
    Okay. My opinion is that that this questuion is like the question the old serpent the devil asked Eve in the Garden of Eden. It was just a trick that led to death, not life.
  10. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    93340
    27 May '12 11:55
    nope, living forever would be horrible.
  11. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    625
    27 May '12 13:412 edits
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    I think I need to know much much more to make a decision. Where would I live? How would pain and illness be handled? What happens if I get trapped somewhere where no one can find me? What if my situation gets bad enough where I want to die, but can't?
    I would ask exactly the same kinds of questions. And, providing I find the answers pleasant rather than unpleasant, I would certainly agree to live forever.
    Perhaps one of the 'pleasant” answers could be, in the case where I find my situation getting so bad that I cannot bare it, I can with a mere thought comatose myself until if and when the situation significantly improves.
  12. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    27 May '12 15:39
    So if one would not grow old including ones family and deal with all those issues and there were no crime or anyone that would harm you in anyway, no wars, no government to rule over you, all the food one could ever need, etc, etc, would this make the couple here that said probably not, still not interested?
  13. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    6788
    27 May '12 15:45
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Just some thoughts on living forever if you had the chance.
    Death gives vitality to life. The truth behind this thought requires some contemplation to appreciate.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52613
    27 May '12 15:46
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    sounds boring. every few billion years, you'll want to forget everything you know and start over from scratch.
    There has been estimates that if we could live forever, our brains would fill up with memories, no more capacity to remember, after only a couple thousand years, much less even a million. Billion? Pretty much out of the question.
  15. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    6788
    27 May '12 15:461 edit
    Originally posted by galveston75
    So if one would not grow old including ones family and deal with all those issues and there were no crime or anyone that would harm you in anyway, no wars, no government to rule over you, all the food one could ever need, etc, etc, would this make the couple here that said probably not, still not interested?
    In the event that this were the situation, it would not be appreciated. Death gives vitality to life. Take away death, and the vitality is absent.
Back to Top