1. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    27 May '12 17:33
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Well the Bible says God and his power or "abundent energy" created all things and that would include all the planets and suns in the rest of the universe. If he could create them, he could replenish and keep anything going as he sees the need to do. I know you don't believe that but that's the spiritual viewpoint.
    Is that what the Bible says?
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 May '12 17:35
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Is that what the Bible says?
    About his ability of him doing what he needs protect out earth?
  3. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    27 May '12 17:39
    About his ability of him doing what he needs protect out earth?
    Does the Bible have anything to say to back up your claim that God is at some point going to replenish the sun?
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 May '12 17:391 edit
    So what's God going to do about our Sun running out of energy?
    But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up. Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be dissolved, being on fire, and the elements will melt with fervent heat? Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.
    (2 Peter 3:10-13 NKJV)

Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea. Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.”

Then He who sat on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.” And He said to me, “Write, for these words are true and faithful.”

And He said to me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts. He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son. But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”
    (Revelation 21: 1-8 NKJV)
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 May '12 17:42
    Does the Bible have anything to say to back up your claim that God is at some point going to replenish the sun?
    No it doesn't and I know that's what you'd like to see but there are many, many scriptures just like the one that says "the earth will stand forever". So one would have to conclude that the sun would have to be here forever for there to be life that will live forever on the earth that will stand or exist forever.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 May '12 17:551 edit
    No it doesn't and I know that's what you'd like to see but there are many, many scriptures just like the one that says "the earth will stand forever". So one would have to conclude that the sun would have to be here forever for there to be life that will live forever on the earth that will stand or exist forever.
    But the quote 'the earth shall stand forever' says nothing about life on Earth, it could be swallowed up by the expanding sun and survive when the sun goes into its white dwarf stage, but of course there would be no life on Earth to survive such an event even if the Earth did.

You are just making the assumption life on Earth would go on forever also.
  7. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    27 May '12 18:03
    I see. I believe your compadre Mr Carrobie would term your views here as 'unsubstantiated opinion masquerading as truth'.
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 May '12 18:11
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    But the quote 'the earth shall stand forever' says nothing about life on Earth, it could be swallowed up by the expanding sun and survive when the sun goes into its white dwarf stage, but of course there would be no life on Earth to survive such an event even if the Earth did.

You are just making the assumption life on Earth would go on forever also.
    Revelation 21:3-4
    New Living Translation (NLT)

3 I heard a loud shout from the throne, saying, “Look, God’s home is now among his people! He will live with them, and they will be his people. God himself will be with them.[a] 4 He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be ((no more death)) or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever.”

Psalm 37:29

29 The godly will possess the land
    and will live there forever.

Isaiah 11:9

9 Nothing will hurt or destroy in all my holy mountain,
    for as the waters fill the sea,
    so the earth will be filled with people who know the Lord.

Just a few scriptures that talk of death being done away with.
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 May '12 18:12
    I see. I believe your compadre Mr Carrobie would term your views here as 'unsubstantiated opinion masquerading as truth'.
    Sorry. I understand you want to see the proof but I believe in the Bible and have fatih in what it says.
    So what is your thought of living forever if you could as the thread is asking?
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 May '12 18:19
    Sorry. I understand you want to see the proof but I believe in the Bible and have fatih in what it says.
    So what is your thought of living forever if you could as the thread is asking?
    One thing: Look at your bank account. Start with 1 dollar at 2 percent per year, in 1000 years you will have 398 million bucks!
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 May '12 18:22
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    One thing: Look at your bank account. Start with 1 dollar at 2 percent per year, in 1000 years you will have 398 million bucks!
    Thats the attitude...Lol
  12. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    27 May '12 18:401 edit
    Originally posted by JS357
    Death gives vitality to life. The truth behind this thought requires some contemplation to appreciate.
    How so?
    Well, I have given it “contemplation to appreciate” and I still don't see it so I am just curious to know this secret.
    I mean, in what sense would “Death gives vitality to life”?
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 May '12 19:111 edit
    The reason I started this thread was to get some viewpoints on the option of living forever and to see who would be interested or not if presented with it.
    Most here know I'm a JW and one of our beliefs from the Bible's teachings is one day Jehovah will bring the earth and all life on it back in line with his original purpose and that is for it to be a paradise just as he originally planned and for man not to die among other great things.
    We are having our bigger Summer assembly right now and that discussion was one of the topics and it was discussed why so many earthwide are not really interested in that prospect if they had that chance.
    Even though many say no more death and no crime or sicknesses sounds ok, it will never happen and many don't go for that because of not believeing in a God in the first place.
    But a couple scriptures that I had not read in a while were discussed and one is at Acts 13:48 which shows one clue to wanting this chance to live forever. It says:

Acts 13:48
    "When those of the nations heard this, they began to rejoice and to glorify the word of Jehovah, and all those who were rightly disposed for everlasting life became believers."

This scripture shows that ones have to be "rightly disposed" or predestined as some Bibles say to search for this everlasting life in the first place.

Another scripture discussed was at Acts 16:14 which says: "And a certain woman named Lydia, a seller of purple, of the city of Thyati&ra and a worshiper of God, was listening, and Jehovah opened her heart wide to pay attention to the things being spoken by Paul."

Here is another clue to one being able to see this opportunity of everlasting life and that is the willingness to listen first and then to open ones heart up to being shown and taught these things. Then and only then does God share this wisdom and insight to anyone.
    So first one needs to have that desire in their heart and then be willing to be taught by God about these things. Other wise it will never be understood or seen by an individual.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 May '12 19:58
    The reason I started this thread was to get some viewpoints on the option of living forever and to see who would be interested or not if presented with it.
    Most here know I'm a JW and one of our beliefs from the Bible's teachings is one day Jehovah will bring the earth and all life on it back in line with his original purpose and that is for it to be a ...[text shortened]... od about these things. Other wise it will never be understood or seen by an individual.
    You are apparently quoting from the Watchtower translation of the Holy Scriptures.
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 May '12 20:17
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You are apparently quoting from the Watchtower translation of the Holy Scriptures.
    Yep. Other Bible's have the same point as I did mention. You do get the point of those scriptures don't you?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree