Live forever? Interested?

Live forever? Interested?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
27 May 12

Originally posted by galveston75
Yep. Other Bible's have the same point as I did mention. You do get the point of those scriptures don't you?
I do not have the AWAKE! magazine to tell me.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
27 May 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
I do not have the AWAKE! magazine to tell me.
I'm not quoiting from any magazine. I quoted those scriptures and I just asked a simple question to you, do you understand these pionts in them about ones heart condition having to be right in order for God to let you understand them?.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
27 May 12
1 edit

Yep. Other Bible's have the same point as I did mention. You do get the point of those scriptures don't you?
The other Bible version do not say any thing about "Jehovah" in them. Do they?

P.S. When the Gentiles heard this - Heard that the gospel was to be preached to them. The doctrine of the Jews had been that salvation was confined to themselves. The Gentiles rejoiced that from the mouths of Jews themselves they now heard a different doctrine.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
27 May 12

Originally posted by humy
How so?
Well, I have given it “contemplation to appreciate” and I still don't see it so I am just curious to know this secret.
I mean, in what sense would “Death gives vitality to life”?
http://news.discovery.com/animals/whales-ocean-life-101210.html

rc

Moves
27 May 12
3 edits

You are apparently quoting from the Watchtower translation of the Holy Scriptures.
you refer to the New world translation of the Holy scriptures, independently verified as
the most accurate English translation available,

"as the most accurate of the translations compared", and thus a "remarkably good
translation", adding that "most of the differences are due to the greater accuracy of the
NW as a literal, conservative translation". BeDhun

which translation do you use Blinds and ill tell you who translated it , what bias it
contains, to what extent and why.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
27 May 12

The other Bible version do not say any thing about "Jehovah" in them. Do they?

P.S. When the Gentiles heard this - Heard that the gospel was to be preached to them. The doctrine of the Jews had been that salvation was confined to themselves. The Gentiles rejoiced that from the mouths of Jews themselves they now heard a different doctrine.
I'll try this again...Do you understand those scriptures? I'm taking that you don't. If not what does that tell you?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
27 May 12
1 edit

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
http://news.discovery.com/animals/whales-ocean-life-101210.html
WHALE FOSSILS HIGH IN ANDES SHOW HOW MOUNTAINS ROSE FROM SEA

By MALCOLM W. BROWNE
Published: March 12, 1987

Scientists have found fossils of whales and other marine animals in mountain sediments in the Andes, indicating that the South American mountain chain rose very rapidly from the sea.

They suppose these whales died 15 - 20 million years ago. What???
No bone eating worms or snails around for millions of years?

http://www.nytimes.com/1987/03/12/us/whale-fossils-high-in-andes-show-how-mountains-rose-from-sea.html

Moves
28 May 12

can anybody imagine when they have done everything they can possibly do a googolplex times and then they do it all again a googolplex times after that they then do it all again, again, again, again, again, again,again a googolplex times, this doesnt even scratch the surface of forever, this isnt even the beginning of forever.

Forever is a nightmare you cannot escape from. life has value because it is precious, moments in life are precious because of the fragility of life. time rules our emotions, its a ticking clock to keep us in emotional order. with no time we as humans would fall apart, unless god changed our fundamental nature, but that would be like admitting he had it wrong in the first place.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
28 May 12

Originally posted by stellspalfie
can anybody imagine when they have done everything they can possibly do a googolplex times and then they do it all again a googolplex times after that they then do it all again, again, again, again, again, again,again a googolplex times, this doesnt even scratch the surface of forever, this isnt even the beginning of forever.

Forever is a nightmare ...[text shortened]... ged our fundamental nature, but that would be like admitting he had it wrong in the first place.
What makes you think we will run out of things to do? We have only scratched what the oceans hold. Scientist say we know more about the moon then we do our own oceans.
We are still learning new things about our own bodies and are discoving new life on this planet everyday.
Do you get tired of eating? Have you tried all the foods of the world yet and one can only imagine what foods have yet to be made.
Do we know even a speck of what the universe is? IF there is space travel once we have started to use all our brain who knows what we will discover out there if that is in God's plan for humans.
Have you met all the humans on the earth yet and sat down with them and learned and shared all they know?
Have all the inventions that humans can think up happened yet? Many inventions have been bad but maybe with God's guidance they can be made perfect and really make this planet a much better place to live.
How many beautiful beaches have you visited? How many different kinds of homes have you thought of and built yet?
On no my friend, we've only scratched the surface and no where have done all again and again.
Wait until we can us all of our minds capabilities and in a good way.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
28 May 12

Originally posted by stellspalfie

Forever is a nightmare ...[text shortened]... ged our fundamental nature, but that would be like admitting he had it wrong in the first place.
God has never done anything wrong or made even 1 mistake. It is man that has caused our conditions...

Moves
28 May 12
2 edits

Originally posted by humy
How so?
Well, I have given it “contemplation to appreciate” and I still don't see it so I am just curious to know this secret.
I mean, in what sense would “Death gives vitality to life”?
The idea is from a book I read several years ago, called "The Vitality of Death" by Peter Koestenbaum.

There is a link to a page (I hope):

http://books.google.com/books?id=-tctAAAAMAAJ&q=vitality#search_anchor

I can't seem to cut and paste from that link, so will type in a little excerpt:

"The thought of death urges one to assume a total plan for life. The vitality of death leads one to adopt an ideal or goal, an ideal life, or a major achievement as the purpose of existence. Through the vitality of death, one is able to see all events in life from the perspect..."

and there the link ends the quote. There is more to the idea than this excerpt covers.

Note that the quotation does not negate the possibility that one can find value in this life by adopting a religious perspective.

My point in responding with the idea that death gives vitality to life is that an endless life would be devoid of the purpose-finding/purpose-adoption approach to life that is urged on us by the prospect of death, and so an eternally happy life is something I cannot envision as being a life that has value. So at this point in time I do not feel motivated to choose an endless happy life over nonexistence. I can see why I would choose it over an endless unhappy life, but that choice is trivially uninteresting to discuss.

At any rate, the quote above is what I mean.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
28 May 12

Originally posted by JS357
The idea is from a book I read several years ago, called "The Vitality of Death" by Peter Koestenbaum.

There is a link to a page (I hope):

http://books.google.com/books?id=-tctAAAAMAAJ&q=vitality#search_anchor

I can't seem to cut and paste from that link, so will type in a little excerpt:

"The thought of death urges one to assume a total plan for l ...[text shortened]... oice is trivially uninteresting to discuss.

At any rate, the quote above is what I mean.
The thought of death urges one to assume a total plan for life. The vitality of death leads one to adopt an ideal or goal, an ideal life, or a major achievement as the purpose of existence. Through the vitality of death, one is able to see all events in life from the perspect..."

Why can't a person do any of these things without death in view? If anything if I knew I was not going to die I think my plans of things to do would sky rocket knowing I don't have to rush and that I have all the time in the world to complete them knowing it will eventually get done and in a way I think it was perfect. If not I know I could start over and keep retrying until it was perfect.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
28 May 12

The thought of death urges one to assume a total plan for life. The vitality of death leads one to adopt an ideal or goal, an ideal life, or a major achievement as the purpose of existence. Through the vitality of death, one is able to see all events in life from the perspect..."

Why can't a person do any of these things without death in view? If ...[text shortened]... hink it was perfect. If not I know I could start over and keep retrying until it was perfect.
The only thing wrong with that concept is the world has a habit of coming back to bite you in the butt. You figure, I can wait, now that I have thousands of years to play with, then you get caught in an avalanche......

Moves
28 May 12

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Does the Bible have anything to say to back up your claim that God is at some point going to replenish the sun?
The Bible is pretty clear that this Earth will be "burned up" and that in fact the whole universe will be "rolled up" and there will be "a new heaven and a new Earth".

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
28 May 12

Originally posted by divegeester
The Bible is pretty clear that this Earth will be "burned up" and that in fact the whole universe will be "rolled up" and there will be "a new heaven and a new Earth".
Where does it use the phrase 'rolled up'?