1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    29 Jun '10 21:48
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    to galvaston

What is not clear about having only one life, and you better get it right or you wll end up tasting the flames, and what is your exsplanation, for the bible not teaching that we are eternal spiritul beings, ( how could god forget to say that in the bible) and in Mathew 25:46 your instructed to everlasting punishment.

Look, answer if we are eternal or not please.

I can suggest a great book.

vishva
    I'm sorry but the Bible teaches nothing about your life being in flames forever no matter how many life's you may think there are.
    The Bible is very clear that there are only three prospects for humans. Eternal death with no hope of a resurrection ever, eternal life here on the earth as was his original plans, or a select group will be resurrected as a spirit being to rule with Jesus for the thousand years after armageddon.
    And be careful how you post your ideas here as it makes it appear that your a judge of humans future life's. Your not as only God is. Right?
  2. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    29 Jun '10 21:59
    to SwissGambit

Yes god is real, but if the bible is the only source of spiritual knowledge that youve ever looked at, then you will be confused for the rest of your life ( so dont rely on the bible at all).

Now god being out side of time is something that i said in relationship to a question that someone ask me, and now i dont even remember the ques ...[text shortened]... ns what i accept to be true about god and life .... it really is a life changing book.

vishva
    Who says the bible is the only spiritual book I've looked at?

I think the bible is only confusing if one reads it too literally. [Still an atheist, though...]

I find it telling that you don't remember the question that led to your response that god is outside of time. It shows that these discussions are not terribly important to you. It would take so little effort to just re-read the thread and refresh your memory.

It is not a question of wanting to get my head around the no-time thing or not. I have been over this with several theists, and tried to understand how they can believe it. But it just sounds like nonsense to me no matter how hard I think about it.

Come to think of it, one could be a theist and yet not believe god is outside of time.

Why don't you share some of your book with us? Give us some of the best quotes, excerpts, etc. Everyone else shares theirs ... why not you?
  3. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jun '10 23:04
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Who says the bible is the only spiritual book I've looked at?

I think the bible is only confusing if one reads it too literally. [Still an atheist, though...]

I find it telling that you don't remember the question that led to your response that god is outside of time. It shows that these discussions are not terribly important to you. It would take ...[text shortened]... Give us some of the best quotes, excerpts, etc. Everyone else shares theirs ... why not you?
    to SwissGambit

I didnt say you do read the bible, ..... but IF you do.

And i answered the question about time, thats why i didnt have to go back to see what the question was origonally,....and i saved reading through 30 postings, but your welcombe to do it for me.

Now what exactly did you discuss with the other theists, and if you have some particular question about what you think is nonsense, i will gladly give you my view, because there are 2 types of theist, the religious theist and the spiritual theist, and i am the spiritual theist, and the religious theist will only dish out goobly gook, and thats probably why in the past, they have not exsplianed things properly.

As far as quoting the books that i have read in the past, and still read, it would be too difficult for me to type all the information reqiured to satisfy you in that reguard, but please ask some specific question, and i would do it like you ask, but i am a slow typer, and it would be too difficult to do so much typing.

I could tell you a fantastic book to read, you could borrow from the library or buy it.

vishva
  4. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    29 Jun '10 23:09
    to SwissGambit

I didnt say you do read the bible, ..... but IF you do.

And i answered the question about time, thats why i didnt have to go back to see what the question was origonally,....and i saved reading through 30 postings, but your welcombe to do it for me.

Now what exactly did you discuss with the other theists, and if you have some parti ...[text shortened]... could tell you a fantastic book to read, you could borrow from the library or buy it.

vishva
    I'd feel guilty asking for any more "hard work" from you, so let's not discuss things further. πŸ˜›
  5. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jun '10 23:13
    Originally posted by galveston75
    I'm sorry but the Bible teaches nothing about your life being in flames forever no matter how many life's you may think there are.
    The Bible is very clear that there are only three prospects for humans. Eternal death with no hope of a resurrection ever, eternal life here on the earth as was his original plans, or a select group will be resurrected as a ...[text shortened]... it makes it appear that your a judge of humans future life's. Your not as only God is. Right?
    to galveston

Yes the bible is very clear on dishing up nonsense, to hear you say what you said, is the most rediculious statement i have ever heard, and the very sad thing is, that you teach your children this falsity. ( stop the child abuse) now iam getting a bit angry.

Its false doctrine like this, thats responsable for the screwed up world we live in, and your not part of the solution, but its all the crazy christians/muslims, that are the problem.
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    30 Jun '10 01:11
    to galveston

Yes the bible is very clear on dishing up nonsense, to hear you say what you said, is the most rediculious statement i have ever heard, and the very sad thing is, that you teach your children this falsity. ( stop the child abuse) now iam getting a bit angry.

Its false doctrine like this, thats responsable for the screwed up world we liv ...[text shortened]... d your not part of the solution, but its all the crazy christians/muslims, that are the problem.
    You are a funny one of a kind guy for sure.....
  7. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jun '10 01:31
    Originally posted by galveston75
    You are a funny one of a kind guy for sure.....
    to galveston

Sorry mate, your a true genlteman, but i have to say what i am aware of.

vishva
  8. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jun '10 01:37
    I'd feel guilty asking for any more "hard work" from you, so let's not discuss things further. πŸ˜›
    to SwissGambit

Hey, no i didnt mean to have ya take it that way, sorry, but a lot of quotes in the books are very long, so i would love to answer some questions, and if i dont know something, i will say i dont.

vishva
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    30 Jun '10 01:58
    to galveston

Sorry mate, your a true genlteman, but i have to say what i am aware of.

vishva
    I just feel honored to have been the one to say the most rediculious things you've ever heard...Lol. That's a good one.
  10. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    30 Jun '10 04:41
    to SwissGambit

Hey, no i didnt mean to have ya take it that way, sorry, but a lot of quotes in the books are very long, so i would love to answer some questions, and if i dont know something, i will say i dont.

vishva
    No offense, but I think you are mainly here to promote the Neil Clark Walsh book. I've already had 3 messages from you about it. I'm sure others have seen the same.

You are basically a salesmen disguised as a forum poster.
  11. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    30 Jun '10 05:01
    No offense, but I think you are mainly here to promote the Neil Clark Walsh book. I've already had 3 messages from you about it. I'm sure others have seen the same.

You are basically a salesmen disguised as a forum poster.
    Big Kahuna of a different mutha.
  12. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jun '10 05:58
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Big Kahuna of a different mutha.
    to FreakyKBH

Not at all, i,ve only recommended this book to people that have asked where i get my knowledge from, and that is one source, and i bet that 100 people will read it, but only 10 will twig.

When the student is ready, the teacher will appear, and in this case the book is one of the teachers, so if the student is not ready the book will be inaffective.

vishva

vishva
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    01 Jul '10 01:29
    to FreakyKBH

Not at all, i,ve only recommended this book to people that have asked where i get my knowledge from, and that is one source, and i bet that 100 people will read it, but only 10 will twig.

When the student is ready, the teacher will appear, and in this case the book is one of the teachers, so if the student is not ready the book will be inaffective.

vishva

vishva
    So is this book written by a man with his own opinion on the Bible?
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    01 Jul '10 04:41
    Some say god is just the totally of everything in the universe. [i.e., non-dualism] Others say it is some kind of separate being, having powers generally far greater than ours, up to omnipotence. Many believe that god is supernatural, made of different stuff than our physical universe.

Some of the beliefs about god sound flat-out incoherent: he is 'outside time' [whatever the hell that means], etc.
    And that is a good startting point to get in the right "ballpark" with understanding such difficult concepts such as "god". Good one SG!
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    01 Jul '10 04:521 edit
    Originally posted by vistesd
    [b]A parable:

Suppose—

Reality is like a huge gem, so large that no one can perceive more than a few small facets. [Some of those who perceive have left accounts of what they perceived; some of these accounts are called revelation (either by those who produced them, or those who came after). Some of these revelations claim to be a revealing by t ...[text shortened]... _______________________

“Some say Allah, some say Ram.
    Then they kill each other…”

—Kabir[/b]
    Yes, and judging by the gist of your post it is clear to me that you admit that you are blind.
    -Which is good thing: those who realize they are blind already have one eye openπŸ™‚

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree