1. Standard memberMaustrauser
    Lord Chook
    Stringybark
    Moves
    26 Mar '05 00:40
    Originally posted by Darfius
    So you think the universe is perfect? If so, how? Just because? That's hardly logical thinking.

I didn't say it is 'just because'. I said the universe is how it is because of the physical and biological laws that control it. These physical laws exist (they were not created). These biological laws exist because of the physical laws.

I cannot do anything about changing the universe and so therefore it just 'is'.

Are you going to tell me why you think Atheists do not like this universe, or are you going to ignore this question?
  2. SubscriberScheel
    Knight
    h8
    Moves
    26 Mar '05 00:40
    You guys are boring me. It seems like you criticize the job God did with this universe, but can't come up with better ideas.
    I think my idea was good and simple -so you can't be referring to me.
  3. Standard memberMaustrauser
    Lord Chook
    Stringybark
    Moves
    26 Mar '05 00:45
    You guys are boring me. It seems like you criticize the job God did with this universe, but can't come up with better ideas.
    Still waiting for you to tell us why you say atheists don't like this universe. But maybe I'm boring you with this question.
  4. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    26 Mar '05 00:56
    Originally posted by Scheel
    I think my idea was good and simple -so you can't be referring to me.
    You didn't answer my question. Are you going to take away the ability of humanity to cause pain and suffering?
  5. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    26 Mar '05 00:56
    Originally posted by Maustrauser
    I didn't say it is 'just because'. I said the universe is how it is because of the physical and biological laws that control it. These physical laws exist (they were not created). These biological laws exist because of the physical laws.

Are you going to tell me why you think Atheists do not like this universe, or are you going to ignore this question?
    Most atheists say God cannot exist because evil exists.

By the way, did the physical laws exist before the singularity exploded in the Big Bang event?
  6. In your face
    Moves
    26 Mar '05 01:01
    Originally posted by Maustrauser

These afore mentioned laws of physics are not really set in stone. They are, in all intent, a set of laws set down and created by man, as some kind of perception and interpretation of the matter that surrounds us.
    For starters looka t the genius of Isaac Newton. What he endeavoured to ascertain from the limited knowledge he had was no less than incredible, only for it to all be blown clean out of the water by Mr Albert Einstein.
    I am sure that some time soon that these theories will once again have to be revised due to some 'minor detail' or anomaly(sp.?) that is found.
    I started college 12 years ago being a complete atheist and found that the more i delved into the subject of physics, that the less it actually explained in a rational way that everything arround us was explainable and accountable for in a logical manor.
    I ask you..
    Can you put an emotion in a test tube?
    What is gravity? (No cutting and pasting Newton's laws please).
    And how do you explain magnetism?
    I could go on but won't bore you as it is immaterial. Excuse the pun.
    I am not an atheist, nor am i devout believer in any given faith. But i cannot help but believe that mankinds relentless thirst for finding its creator/origins is all in vain.
    PS. I do believe in LOVE big time.
    May everyone feel love this weekend.
  7. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    26 Mar '05 01:01
    I aint here to entertain you .Im simply telling you Universe creation aint all that difficult. And wow I created em steady state too ,, don't need that evolutionary stuff to confuse the little fellers either.
    And there are two people in RHP that have seen some of my creations.
    tho not the whole universe , I keep that to myself . Ya know privacy and all.
  8. Graceland.
    Moves
    26 Mar '05 01:03
    Most atheists say God cannot exist because evil exists.

By the way, did the physical laws exist before the singularity exploded in the Big Bang event?

Athiest only claim God cannot exits, because if He did exist then why does 90% of the universe consist of dark matter. Did he have nothing to do other than invent a substance we've never seen or cannot prove to exist only have faith in. And what is our faith based on ? Is it that without faith in Dark matter, the rest of science looks too slightly too flawed ?

9. SubscriberScheel
    Knight
    h8
    Moves
    26 Mar '05 01:06
    You didn't answer my question. Are you going to take away the ability of humanity to cause pain and suffering?
    My answer is there to see for everybody who cares to read it.

If I had the power to create the universe, it would not be a question of denying people that ability, pain and suffering would simply not exist.

Remember I'm the sole creater, nothing exist without me having created it, so by abstaining from creating pain and suffering it simply has no existence in my universe. I can not deny people that which do not exist.
  10. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    26 Mar '05 01:19
    My answer is there to see for everybody who cares to read it.

If I had the power to create the universe, it would not be a question of denying people that ability, pain and suffering would simply not exist.

Remember I'm the sole creater, nothing exist without me having created it, so by abstaining from creating pain and suffering it simply has no existence in my universe. I can not deny people that which do not exist.
    So setting yourself on fire wouldn't hurt?

And man wouldn't be capable of getting angry at someone?
  11. SubscriberScheel
    Knight
    h8
    Moves
    26 Mar '05 01:27
    So setting yourself on fire wouldn't hurt?

And man wouldn't be capable of getting angry at someone?
    Pain and suffering would not exist, so nothing people does in my universe would cause pain and suffering.
    Are you having trouble with understanding the concept ? Do not despair - nobody said it would be easy to understand the full glory of my creation.
  12. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    26 Mar '05 01:29
    Originally posted by jimslyp69
    These afore mentioned laws of physics are not really set in stone. They are, in all intent, a set of laws set down and created by man, as some kind of perception and interpretation of the matter that surrounds us.
    For starters looka t the genius of Isaac Newton. What he endeavoured to ascertain from the limited knowledge he had was no less than incredibl ...[text shortened]... rigins is all in vain.
    PS. I do believe in LOVE big time.
    May everyone feel love this weekend.
    I am assuming your 12 years of college included at least these subjects:
    Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Calculus (single variable) , Calculus (multivariable), Analytic Geometry, Linear Algebra, Ordinary Differential Equations , Partial Differential Equations ( I like these, myself) Methods of approximation, and Probability and statistics

Maybe a little of these topics too: Real analysis, Complex analysis, Group theory( Gell Mann), Differential geometry ( Einstein) , Lie groups (these are cool), Differential forms, Homology, Cohomology, Homotopy, Fiber bundles( one could study electromagnetism abstractly as a U(1) fiber bundle over some spacetime manifold, Characteristic classes , Index theorems, and Supersymmetry and supergravity ( heavy into strings now .
    And the hot stuff in Physics:
    K-theory and Noncommutative geometry
  13. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    26 Mar '05 01:32
    Pain and suffering would not exist, so nothing people does in my universe would cause pain and suffering.
    Are you having trouble with understanding the concept ? Do not despair - nobody said it would be easy to understand the full glory of my creation.
    Wow. Talk about an abandonment of reason.
  14. SubscriberScheel
    Knight
    h8
    Moves
    26 Mar '05 01:41
    Wow. Talk about an abandonment of reason.
    As you asked me to create a universe I do not need to reason- I only need to create.

You obviously don't get the point. Nothing that you and I can do in this universe will cause, say "gimlegumle", because it does not exist. In the same way nothing people does in my universe will cause pain and suffering because it does not exist.

Do you doubt that I as divine creater of my universe could accomplish this ? May I ask you to have a litle faith.
  15. In your face
    Moves
    26 Mar '05 01:47
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    I am assuming your 12 years of college included at least these subjects:
    Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Calculus (single variable) , Calculus (multivariable), Analytic Geometry, Linear Algebra, Ordinary Differential Equations , Partial Differential Equations ( I like these, myself) Methods of approximation, and Probability and statistics

M ...[text shortened]... y into strings now .
    And the hot stuff in Physics:
    K-theory and Noncommutative geometry
    Point being darling?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree