1. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    05 Sep '15 19:09
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    What does that have to do with anything?

"And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:" -- Revelation 13:16
    That is wrong.

"And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark of his right hand, or of his forehead." Revelation 13:16.
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    05 Sep '15 19:122 edits
    The Beast is not Islam.

"Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six." -- Revelation 13:18, KJV

For it is the number of a man. A man, not a religion.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_of_the_Beast
    Original source: Hillers, D. R. (1963). Revelation 13:18 and A Scroll from Murabba'at. BASOR, 170. p. 65.

The Greek version of the name and title transliterates into Hebrew as נרון קסר [NRON CSR aka Nero Caesar], and yields a numerical value of 666, as shown:
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    05 Sep '15 19:28
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    That is wrong.

"And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark of his right hand, or of his forehead." Revelation 13:16.
    If I understand that correctly it could be referring to a coin with either head or a hand stamped on it.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Sep '15 19:511 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    What is it then?
    It is a mark (or script) that acknowledges allegiance, servitude, and submission to the beast.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Sep '15 08:27
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    It is a mark (or script) that acknowledges allegiance, servitude, and submission to the beast.
    So it's not Islam?
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Sep '15 08:381 edit
    That is wrong.

So all the Roman coins had pictures of the right hands and foreheads of the people using them? Yeah, that makes sense.

Where did you get your translation information? The JWs?

Even if you mean the coin has an image of the Beast's right hand or forehead, that doesn't make sense. How can just "receiving" a coin mark you as belonging to the Beast?
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Sep '15 08:42
    A man called Muhammad began the religion of Islam. Beast in prophecy refers to kingdoms and sometimes the king over that kingdom. Rome was the beast kingdom in existence at the time John wrote the Revelation and the Turkish Ottoman beast kingdom called a caliphate conquered Rome and remained until 1923.

In our time we may be seeing the rebirth of this Is ...[text shortened]... O THE SAINTS.

http://ktfnews.com/beheadings-increase-islamic-state-urges-killing-unbelievers/
    That's stupid, Ron.

The Beast is a man, and when he comes and begins his rule on earth, will you follow him, just because you're so sure the Beast is a religion?
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Sep '15 08:57
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_of_the_Beast
    Original source: Hillers, D. R. (1963). Revelation 13:18 and A Scroll from Murabba'at. BASOR, 170. p. 65.

The Greek version of the name and title transliterates into Hebrew as נרון קסר [NRON CSR aka Nero Caesar], and yields a numerical value of 666, as shown:
    I've heard this before, with alterations in either the name ("Nron Qsr" or "Nro Qsr" ) or the number (666 or even 616 ).

"Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast"

Those calling Nero the beast just to "prove" that there will be no AntiChrist have no understanding.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Sep '15 09:24
    A man called Muhammad began the religion of Islam. Beast in prophecy refers to kingdoms and sometimes the king over that kingdom. Rome was the beast kingdom in existence at the time John wrote the Revelation and the Turkish Ottoman beast kingdom called a caliphate conquered Rome and remained until 1923.

In our time we may be seeing the rebirth of this Is ...[text shortened]... O THE SAINTS.

http://ktfnews.com/beheadings-increase-islamic-state-urges-killing-unbelievers/
    So, do you think that the man the Muslims say is coming, the "twelfth imam", the "Mahdi", Al-Qa'im, Sahib al-Amr, Qa'im bi'lsayf, is the AntiChrist?

Muslims regard the Mahdi to be the ultimate messiah of humankind. Are you saying this entity is actually the man we know as the Beast, the AntiChrist?
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Sep '15 11:06
    I want a vote!

When, not if, but when, the state comes out and demands that everyone has the device implanted on the hand or forehead, who will take it?

Roll Call!!
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Sep '15 13:441 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    I want a vote!

When, not if, but when, the state comes out and demands that everyone has the device implanted on the hand or forehead, who will take it?

Roll Call!!
    As a Christian, I'm almost offended that you would even ask.

Make mine a cinnamon latte, hold the Mark of the Beast.
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Sep '15 13:51
    So all the Roman coins had pictures of the right hands and foreheads of the people using them? Yeah, that makes sense.

Where did you get your translation information? The JWs?

Even if you mean the coin has an image of the Beast's right hand or forehead, that doesn't make sense. How can just "receiving" a coin mark you as belonging to the Beast?
    What I find interesting is how each person has decided in advance what to take literally and what not to.
    I don't see anyone saying "But it says 'beast' so it must be an animal". Clearly 'beast' is not to be taken too literally. Others are happy changing 'mark' to 'implant'. But everyone seems to insist that certain things are to be taken hypercritically.

I find the thoughts on Wikipedia to be more reasonable:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_of_the_Beast#Mark_of_the_Beast

The whole passage is wrapped up in symbolism and could mean a number of things. Certainly the idea that it is referring to coins with the emperors head on makes sense, and it is essentially saying that you must engage in idol worship just to buy and sell.
  13. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    06 Sep '15 16:35
    Originally posted by vivify
    http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-31042477

In this story from the BBC, a Swedish corporation called Epicenter implants a chip into it's employees. This chip allows the same type of access that a pass card gives into some government offices.

What's interesting, is that there's a video of a BBC reported getting this chip implanted into his left hand ( ...[text shortened]... ate concern? Are Christians on to something here with the Mark of the Beast idea? If not, why?
    What is also interesting, is that the supercomputer located in Maryland, USA. is called the Beast, as a joke in the intelligence community
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Sep '15 17:32
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    What I find interesting is how each person has decided in advance what to take literally and what not to.
    I don't see anyone saying "But it says 'beast' so it must be an animal". Clearly 'beast' is not to be taken too literally. Others are happy changing 'mark' to 'implant'. But everyone seems to insist that certain things are to be taken hypercritically ...[text shortened]... s sense, and it is essentially saying that you must engage in idol worship just to buy and sell.
    If you even bother to read the Bible, you will see the symbolism spoon fed to you by Daniel.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Sep '15 17:342 edits
    As a Christian, I'm almost offended that you would even ask.

Make mine a cinnamon latte, hold the Mark of the Beast.
    I never know around here

Around here we have people who claim to be Christians who support things like abortion on demand while selling their harvested organs at tax payer expense and the "everyone goes to heaven regardless of how they live and what they do" crowd.

So if your favorite Dim politician told you to take the mark you would align yourself with the religious right nut jobs who are holding up "progress"?

The Pope recently said that women having abortions will be forgiven so what if he says the same about taking the mark?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree