Mark of the Beast: Legitimate Concern?

Mark of the Beast: Legitimate Concern?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
08 Sep 15

Originally posted by twhitehead
Already possible with your smart phone. And its what is considered 'meta-data' so the NSA can track you without a warrant.
True, but why not have something implanted that is always on your person?

You could do the unthinkable and leave the smart phone at home. I've seen people accidentally do just that. First there comes across their face an expression of fear mixed with anxiety. I've even seen people have a panic attack knowing that their only source to the outside world is unavailable.

Of course, those that have their smart phones, you could walk buck naked right in front of them and they would never know it..........not that I've ever done that, of course. 😛

rain

Moves
08 Sep 15
1 edit

Originally posted by whodey
True, but why not have something implanted that is always on your person?

You could do the unthinkable and leave the smart phone at home. I've seen people accidentally do just that.
That's a good point. A phone can simply be left behind if one is being tailed. A chip that is implanted is a different story. Those would be much harder to get rid of. Plus, some phones can only be tracked if the battery still has power (as was the case of a rich American who got lost while skiing and died before they found him). A chip, however, can last many years, like that birth control chip I posted about earlier in the thread.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Sep 15
1 edit

I'm thinking it will be more dire than that.

I picture an economic collapse or terrorist strke or combination of both to triggor it. Then they will clamor for us to take the mark in order to save ourselves economically or to save ourselves from terrorists.

Again, if it is used to track people that would be a good way to clamp down on terrorists.

Jus ...[text shortened]... t if they feel the need to do so. And if there is no crisis to be had, one can be manufactured.
Think about this, if you have a chip in you and they are always taking pictures from above,
and else where so at any time if you ever become a person of interest they could simply
check to know who all of your friends are just by reviewing your life whenever they have
you in their sight. No one would be free and at any time they could put together who all
your friends are and those you hang with. The end times I imagine the governments will
have a lot of power over everyone, and I doubt they would be worried about using it.

Crowd control would be just scanning who is there and find them later if they want.

It would just be a matter of data storage and being able to retrieve it, which we are getting
very good at both of those now.

Cape Town

Moves
08 Sep 15

True, but why not have something implanted that is always on your person?P
The fact is that most people do carry their smart phones on their person. If there is anyone here who is concerned about being 'chipped' because they might get tracked then they must either get rid of their smart phone (any cell phone for that matter) or admit that their concern is simply not valid.

Cape Town

Moves
08 Sep 15

Originally posted by vivify
That's a good point. A phone can simply be left behind if one is being tailed.
Assuming that you know you are being tailed. Who here doesn't want to get 'chipped' because they are expecting to be tailed in the near future?

A chip, however, can last many years, like that birth control chip I posted about earlier in the thread.
A chip however cannot be tracked. It can only be detected from a few feet away, whereas a cellphone includes GPS and transmission of the signal at all times. It also includes a camera and microphone so one can also see what you are up to.and listen in on what you are saying.
To make a chip capable of all that it would essentially be a cell phone implanted under the skin and would also need a battery and would also need to be charged regularly.
Devices exist that just transmit your position and their batteries therefore last a lot longer, but they would still be bulky and not very suitable for under skin implantation.
I know that in some countries people wear and ankle bracelet with I think tracking features when they are on parole.

Anyway, it remains the case that the only possible reasons to be worried about chips are:
1. a religious belief based on the 'mark of the beast' mythology.
2. a natural dislike of things going under our skin (injections and stuff)
3. a privacy concern based on the assumption that it is forced on you rather than optional (like cell phones)

But actual loss of privacy is not a genuine concern whatsoever.

w

Moves
08 Sep 15
1 edit

The fact is that most people do carry their smart phones on their person. If there is anyone here who is concerned about being 'chipped' because they might get tracked then they must either get rid of their smart phone (any cell phone for that matter) or admit that their concern is simply not valid.
One is vulontary and the other is not.

I say this realizing that this means nothing to you. That's because Progressives have such good ideas they are compulsary for everyone

Cape Town

Moves
08 Sep 15

Originally posted by KellyJay
No one would be free and at any time they could put together who all
your friends are and those you hang with.
So... basically they just look you up on facebook.

Cape Town

Moves
08 Sep 15

One is vulontary and the other is not.
Not necessarily. The question that keeps getting asked in this thread is whether or not you would accept being chipped. Obviously it seems voluntary. I believe the passage in revelations also suggests the mark of the beast is voluntarily taken.

I say this realizing that this means nothing to you. That's because Progressives have such good ideas they are compulsary for everyone
As usual, you know nothing about me and are only spouting off nonsense about what you imagine I am based on a label you have assigned to me for no good reason other than I disagreed with you on something.

w

Moves
08 Sep 15

Not necessarily. The question that keeps getting asked in this thread is whether or not you would accept being chipped. Obviously it seems voluntary. I believe the passage in revelations also suggests the mark of the beast is voluntarily taken.

[b]I say this realizing that this means nothing to you. That's because Progressives have such good ideas the ...[text shortened]... a label you have assigned to me for no good reason other than I disagreed with you on something.
I would not accept an implanted device at all, even if it meant ending my life.

How bout you?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
08 Sep 15

How would a microchip implant identify the Beast or the image of the Beast with the number 666, which is worshipped? How does that relate to the Beast Kingdons of Daniel that have been identified as the Babylonian, Medo-Persian, Greecian, and Roman Beast Kingdoms?

y

Moves
09 Sep 15

How long?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
09 Sep 15
1 edit

Originally posted by KellyJay
Think about this, if you have a chip in you and they are always taking pictures from above,
and else where so at any time if you ever become a person of interest they could simply
check to know who all of your friends are just by reviewing your life whenever they have
you in their sight. No one would be free and at any time they could put together who al ...[text shortened]... ata storage and being able to retrieve it, which we are getting
very good at both of those now.
You carry a location device with you at all times, it's called a mobile phone. You could be tracked everywhere using this already. Your cash and credit cards; these track your purchasing habits, location and income. Social media tracks you, your friends and family, your interests, political views and hobbies. How would having a micro chip in you be any more invasive than any of these?

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
09 Sep 15
1 edit

Originally posted by divegeester
You carry a location device with you at all times, it's called a mobile phone. You could be tracked everywhere using this already. Your cash and credit cards; these track your purchasing habits, location and income. Social media tracks you, your friends and family, your interests, political views and hobbies. How would having a micro chip in you be any more invasive than any of these?
1. It's mandatory. Without it you can not buy or sell anything... a truely cashless society on a global scale.
2. It will be impanted in either your hand or your forehead. So why a hand or in your forehead? Well, not everyone has hands, but it's safe to assume everyone has a head... although I could be wrong, because after reading some of the messages here... no, it's true... everyone has a head.

So what's up with insisting smart phones fits this scenario? How many people do you know have a smart phone implanted in their hand or forehead? If you do know of any, was it a mandatory requirement? Are they prevented from buying and selling if they don't agree to have a phone planted in their head or one of their hands? Believe it or not, having a smart phone that you own and carry (by choice) is not the same as being strongly compeled to have a chip planted under your skin.

hmmm, everyone has a head...

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
09 Sep 15
1 edit

Originally posted by lemon lime
1. It's mandatory. Without it you can not buy or sell anything... a truely cashless society on a global scale.
2. It will be impanted in either your hand or your forehead. So why a hand or in your forehead? Well, not everyone has hands, but it's safe to assume everyone has a head... although I could be wrong, because after reading some of the messages he ...[text shortened]... ngly compeled to have a chip planted under your skin.

hmmm, everyone has a head...
The bible does not say that carrying the mark is "mandatory",nor does it say the mark will be "implanted".
I'm certainly not claiming that smartphones are the mark of the beast.

F

Moves
09 Sep 15

This discussion seems overly dependent on simply ignoring what AThousandYoung pointed out early on.