1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Sep '15 18:02
    Originally posted by whodey
    I never know around here

Around here we have people who claim to be Christians who support things like abortion on demand while selling their harvested organs at tax payer expense and the "everyone goes to heaven regardless of how they live and what they do" crowd.

So if your favorite Dim politician told you to take the mark you would align yourself wit ...[text shortened]... that women having abortions will be forgiven so what if he says the same about taking the mark?
    I heard there were also one of two professed Christians who voted for Obsma...
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    06 Sep '15 18:22
    Originally posted by vivify
    http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-31042477

In this story from the BBC, a Swedish corporation called Epicenter implants a chip into it's employees. This chip allows the same type of access that a pass card gives into some government offices.

What's interesting, is that there's a video of a BBC reported getting this chip implanted into his left hand ( ...[text shortened]... ate concern? Are Christians on to something here with the Mark of the Beast idea? If not, why?
    Personally I think the mark will come as the greatest thing since sliced bread, those that
    don't support it will be looked down upon. The leader who helps bring this about will more
    than likely be one of the most world wide beloved at first. People will find all kinds of
    reasons to ignore the scripture on the topic.
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Sep '15 18:351 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Personally I think the mark will come as the greatest thing since sliced bread, those that
    don't support it will be looked down upon. The leader who helps bring this about will more
    than likely be one of the most world wide beloved at first. People will find all kinds of
    So basically smart phones as I have been saying all along.

Does anybody here know what 'Google Cardboard' is?
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Sep '15 20:40
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I heard there were also one of two professed Christians who voted for Obsma...
    I'm sure there are.

That is between them and their God I suppose.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Sep '15 20:432 edits
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I'm thinking it will be more dire than that.

I picture an economic collapse or terrorist strke or combination of both to triggor it. Then they will clamor for us to take the mark in order to save ourselves economically or to save ourselves from terrorists.

Again, if it is used to track people that would be a good way to clamp down on terrorists.

Just imagine if a bomb went off somewhere and all they had to do is look you up on the GPS and see where you have been. Then try and run from them. LOL. Drones could take you out in seconds.

Remember, collectivists use a crisis as a catalyst for change. After all, no one likes change, so they will only embrace it if they feel the need to do so. And if there is no crisis to be had, one can be manufactured.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Sep '15 02:33
    Originally posted by divegeester
    So it's not Islam?
    I believe the mark of the beast is what I said and it has something to do with Islam too.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Sep '15 02:46
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    So, do you think that the man the Muslims say is coming, the "twelfth imam", the "Mahdi", Al-Qa'im, Sahib al-Amr, Qa'im bi'lsayf, is the AntiChrist?

Muslims regard the Mahdi to be the ultimate messiah of humankind. Are you saying this entity is actually the man we know as the Beast, the AntiChrist?
    Yes, I believe the Mahdi could very well be the one Christians call the AntiChrist. However, this is only speculation. The Pope seems to fit as an antichrist too, but I don't believe the Pope will be the AntiChrist.
  8. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    07 Sep '15 05:022 edits
    I've heard this before, with alterations in either the name ("Nron Qsr" or "Nro Qsr" ) or the number (666 or even 616 ).

"Here is wisdom. [b]Let him that hath understanding
    count the number of the beast"

Those calling Nero the beast just to "prove" that there will be no AntiChrist have no understanding.[/b]
    How do you think the number of the Beast is calculated?

If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is a man's number. His number is 666.

Show us your insight.
  9. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    07 Sep '15 05:043 edits
    So all the Roman coins had pictures of the right hands and foreheads of the people using them? Yeah, that makes sense.

Where did you get your translation information? The JWs?

Even if you mean the coin has an image of the Beast's right hand or forehead, that doesn't make sense. How can just "receiving" a coin mark you as belonging to the Beast?
    The coins had pictures of Nero, who was the Beast.

I linked to where I got the translation. The youtube video goes into details of the specific words used in the original and the possible translations. Specifically, the word "G848" which is translated as his in Revelation 13:17, is the same word in Revelation 13:16 - "a mark of his hand or of his forehead."

Your Bible translates this same word in different ways in those two lines. In your translation, "G848" is translated "theirs" in 13:16 and "his" in 13:17. Why the different meanings for the same word?

Revelation 13 does not say anything about "belonging to the Beast". It talks about how nobody will be allowed to buy or sell without the Mark. That's because the Mark of the Beast was on Roman legal tender.

YouTube
    YouTube
  10. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    07 Sep '15 05:10
    I've heard this before, with alterations in either the name ("Nron Qsr" or "Nro Qsr" ) or the number (666 or even 616 ).

"Here is wisdom. [b]Let him that hath understanding
    count the number of the beast"

Those calling Nero the beast just to "prove" that there will be no AntiChrist have no understanding.[/b]
    The "alterations" come from the Latin translation. That's why they are different.
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    07 Sep '15 05:541 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    Just imagine if a bomb went off somewhere and all they had to do is look you up on the GPS and see where you have been.
    Already possible with your smart phone. And its what is considered 'meta-data' so the NSA can track you without a warrant.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Sep '15 06:14
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    The coins had pictures of Nero, who was the Beast.

I linked to where I got the translation. The youtube video goes into details of the specific words used in the original and the possible translations. Specifically, the word "G848" which is translated as [b]his
    in Revelation 13:17, is the same word in Revelation 13:16 - "a mark of his ...[text shortened]... der.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0sZYEtSHIM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-q941_FwId0[/b]
    This can't refer to Nero or Roman coins because this is something that is to occur in the last days just before the return of Christ.
  13. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    07 Sep '15 06:351 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    This can't refer to Nero or Roman coins because this is something that is to occur in the last days just before the return of Christ.
    The "last days" were the last days of the Western Roman Empire and the "return of Christ" was when the Christian Church governed Europe. It's over...the 'thousand years" were from approximately 400-1400 CE.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    07 Sep '15 14:49
    The "last days" were the last days of the Western Roman Empire and the "return of Christ" was when the Christian Church governed Europe. It's over...the 'thousand years" were from approximately 400-1400 CE.
    Not hardly, the thousand years will be quiet different than the world we see today.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Sep '15 02:00
    Many believe that Antiochus IV Epiphanes was a foreshadow to the "little horn" Anti-Christ figure mentioned in Daniel. Some also see Joseph of Eqypt as a foreshadow to Christ.

The apostle John said there were many antichrists, so I don't rule out the possibility that Ceasar Nero may have fulfilled part of the prophecy concerning the Beast of Revelation as a foreshadow of the end time AntiChrist.

The Pope and the Roman Catholic Chruch have been suspected of foreshadowing the AntiChrist Beast. However, I am still looking forward to an ultimate fulfillment. I believe this is very likely to happen under the AntiChrist religion of Islam.

Islam denies that God has a Son and that the Son of God came in the flesh. That is a definition that John gave for an antichrist that cannot be applied to the beliefs of the Roman Catholic Church. In Daniel 7 the "little horn" AntiChrist is said to speak against the Most High and oppress the saints and try to change set times and the laws. As soom as Islam gains power they change the law to Sharia law and change the dating system from A.D. to A.H. (Hijrah) and the Sabbath to Friday. Sharia law is the only modern legal system that requires beheadings for punishment for certain crimes such as that mentioned in Revelation 20:4.

HalleluYaH !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree