1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Feb '21 15:542 edits
    I noticed there there are some "thumbs down" on my posts above.
    No problem.

I only would ask - Do you all think that on a universal level there is a great final Thumbs Up and a contrasting final Thumbs Down ?

I believe that with the Governor of all existence and the universe there is according to the Bible a universal Thumbs Up of salvation and a great Thumbs Down of condemnation.

God is FAITHFUL to inform us of this. With the King and Savior, the Lord and Slave of men there will be a ultimate Thumbs Up of salvation and a Thumbs Down of eternal judgment.

You think about where you want to be in relation to those two ultimate ends from God. I want to be in Jesus Christ for the Thumbs Up of justification, redemption, eternal life, reconciliation to God. Thumbs Down to all who will not be delivered from Satan's rebellion. Where he goes those who follow him will co-share that destiny.
  2. Joined
    17 Oct '20
    Moves
    25 Feb '21 17:211 edit
    @sonship said
    No problem.

I only would ask - Do you all think that on a universal level there is a great final Thumbs Up and a contrasting final Thumbs Down ?

I believe that with the Governor of all existence and the universe there is according to the Bible a universal Thumbs Up of salvation and a gre ...[text shortened]... be delivered from Satan's rebellion. Where he goes those who follow him will co-share that destiny.
    I don't think, when people thumb down one of your posts, they are thumbing down Jesus.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Feb '21 17:314 edits
    @Mark-White
    I don't think, when people thumb down one of your posts, they are thumbing down Jesus.

Hi Mark. It is refreshing to be rebuked by somebody new around here. lol

Mark, I did not SAY that to thumb down my posts was to thumb down Jesus.

I asked if people believe if there is a universal thumbs up and thumbs down.
    Catch the distinction?

No problem.

4. Joined
    17 Oct '20
    Moves
    25 Feb '21 17:38
    @sonship said
    @Mark-White

Hi Mark. It is refreshing to be rebuked by somebody new around here. lol

Mark, I did not SAY that to thumb down my posts was to thumb down Jesus.

I asked if people believe if there is a universal thumbs up and thumbs down.
    Catch the distinction?

[q ...[text shortened]... n a universal level there is a great final Thumbs Up and a contrasting final Thumbs Down ?
    [/quote]
    it sounded like you were making a link between the two.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Feb '21 17:522 edits
    @Mark-White

I was only speaking to the principle of an ultimate binary approval or disapproval of God.

The simplicity of it may cause some to think that it could not be.
    I would say they should think again.

When I sit and think about this, it makes sense to me. Even on the level of the Supreme Governor of the universe, an absolute final approval or disapproval makes sense. In Christ is approval. No one comes to the Father except through Him. Anyone who comes to the Father did so because of Jesus Christ one way or another.

It is certainly communicated that way to us in the Bible.
    Names in the book of life = God's Thumbs up.
    Names not in the book of life = God's Thumbs down.

Long ago I learned not to mistake the Bible's simplicity on some matters as naivete. On a number of matters to view the Bible's simplicity as naivete I think is a mistake.

Now it may not be easy to predict in all cases what God's final decision will be.
    But that ultimately there are those for God through Christ and those not for God (against) is understandable imo.
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    25 Feb '21 17:58
    @sonship said
    @Mark-White

I was only speaking to the principle of an ultimate binary approval or disapproval of God.

The simplicity of it may cause some to think that it could not be.
    I would say they should think again.

When I sit and think about this, it makes sense to me. Even on the level of the ...[text shortened]... mately there are those for God through Christ and those not for God (against) is understandable imo.
    Good lord sonship are you now going to add thumbs up to the tally of words that don't actually appear in the Bible?
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Feb '21 18:014 edits
    Because in eternity past God knew that there would be created beings of His who would want nothing to do with Him, I think He had a plan to subsume ALL such contrarian wills into one great reservoir.

I think that great reservoir was a being - the most beautiful, most wise, most powerful who eventually went against God to attempt to take His place. "I will make myself like the Most High" (Isa. 14:14b) . That is Satan the anointed cherub, the Daystar.

I think that in eternity God's wisdom arranged that ALL rebellion would be accumulated under one great rebel. After this one great reservoir one is dealt with in all those who followed him, there never will be another such rebellion.

That is my present belief. Every creature of God that of their own will want nothing more to do with God, He arranged to all be under one grand opposition party headed by the highest and smartest created being.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Feb '21 18:112 edits
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke
    Good lord sonship are you now going to add thumbs up to the tally of words that don't actually appear in the Bible?

The careful reader of the Bible should be able to be discerning.

"Now this expression is not literally there. But the sense of it is consistent with the whole tenor of revelation."

"Now this expression is not there AND the usage of it is not consistent with the tenor of the revelation as far as I can see."

Of course if people are afraid to crack open the Bible, they are probably at a disadvantage. No explanation from any teacher is to be regarded as higher then the plain and pure words of Scripture themselves.

That is not to say all such teaching is against the Bible. That is to say saying "Amen!" to the pure statements of the Bible is the best way to get into it if no one can help you.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Feb '21 18:15
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke
    Good lord sonship

"Good Lord" is an ironic expression for an atheist to use.
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    25 Feb '21 18:41
    @sonship said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke
    Good lord sonship

"Good Lord" is an ironic expression for an atheist to use.
    I also sing Christmas carols.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Feb '21 19:231 edit
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke
    I also sing Christmas carols.

Oh, believe me. I know it is hard for anyone to get totally away from religion.
    Its still ironic.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Feb '21 20:26
    @mark-white said
    Sonship frequently compares himself to Jesus.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Feb '21 21:412 edits
    @divegeester

And the New Testament which you hold in contempt compares all Christians to Jesus in this sense.

"For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. For as many as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ." (Gal.. 3:26,27)

We believers are ALL sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Feb '21 22:01
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

And the New Testament which you hold in contempt compares all Christians to Jesus in this sense.

"For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. For as many as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ." (Gal.. 3:26,27)

Okay sonship, okay, whatever you say.

😉
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 Feb '21 23:18
    @sonship said
    @divegeester

Unfortunately not all sons of God make it into the Kingdom of God. This is your failing. You tell people everything except what Paul said about who inherits the Kingdom of God. Some sons make it and some dont. The type that listen to the likes of you follow after dead faith and are doomed to damnation. Those who listen to Christ and follow after good works and righteousness will overcome and practice living faith.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree